Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

ABAB

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, please. Laird’s kicking is driving me up this wall this year; trying to collect snow. I know he’s always been like that but it seems worse than ever in 2019.
Laird was very good in his AA year where he read the play and took intercept marks as the opposition tried to exit their 50 so his bomb kicks were always inside 50 to a pack of players (hence it wasn't turn over and consider effective kick). This year he hasn't been able to do this (dropping a few marks) so he seems to be getting most of his possession inside his defensive 50 and just bomb kicks to opposition players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I'm guessing part of what they want to see from Fogarty is him not just using brute strength to get involved in games or get out of trouble. That can work at SANFL level, but he might find it harder at AFL level to do that to every defender who comes his way.
SPP does not like this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Peter J

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Jeffcrowe

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm guessing part of what they want to see from Fogarty is him not just using brute strength to get involved in games or get out of trouble. That can work at SANFL level, but he might find it harder at AFL level to do that to every defender who comes his way.
It’s all down to his work rate and running patterns , he’s a great player when the ball is in his area but it’s more important at AFL level to get to the right areas over and over eg Tom Lynch

He needs to do less weights and continue to build his running

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jenny61_99

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide

Bicks

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Adelaide :

League

F: Hunter, Fogarty, Stengle

HF: Wright, Himmelberg, Poholke

C: Davis, Wilson, Mackay

HB: Knight, Butts, McPherson

B: Hamill, Otten, Sholl

R: Jacobs, Gibbs, Jones

INT: Latchford, McAdam, Merrett, Strachan

IN: Mackay, Latchford

OUT: McHenry (General Soreness)

Centrals :
League

F: J. Schiller, Fort, Falkenberg

HF: Hoskin, McKenzie, Burton

C: Barreau, Jydon Neagle, Goodrem

HB: Payne, Patterson, Llewellyn

B: Jenner, Madden, Habel

R: Marsh, Menzel, T. Schiller

INT: Auckland, Gillard, Jaxon Neagle, Presbury, Weaver

IN: Burton, Falkenberg, Gillard, Payne

OUT: Haydon, D. Pisani

Jeffcrowe

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
He’s played 1 game in 5 weeks hasn’t he and made the emergency list in that time? How can he be sore?
He’s tiny still and has copped a couple of massive knocks around hip and pelvis which have slowed him down and affected his form

Hence why we prob haven’t played him yet , he’s tiny and building his body on the run . Nothing to worry about though mid term

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lake Macquarie Dockers
So McHenry rested due to general soreness. From memory he has played 1 game in the last 4 weeks due to State games and the Bye and....used as a travelling emergency. The only soreness would be from his ass region I would think.

AFL Club
Adelaide
So McHenry rested due to general soreness. From memory he has played 1 game in the last 4 weeks due to State games and the Bye and....used as a travelling emergency. The only soreness would be from his ass region I would think.
Adelaide’s Science and Medical Services Coordinator Steve Saunders said that McHenry had "been in the wars" over the past couple of weeks after a quality preseason and good SANFL form.
“Two weeks ago, he carried a high-grade hip pointer through training and a game, only to then fall heavily from a marking contest onto his pelvis and jar his lumbar spine,” Saunders said.
“We have needed to reduce his loads markedly this week and will rest Ned from playing.
“The bye has come at a good time – rest will help everything settle and set up the remainder of the year for Ned.”

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adelaide’s Science and Medical Services Coordinator Steve Saunders said that McHenry had "been in the wars" over the past couple of weeks after a quality preseason and good SANFL form.
“Two weeks ago, he carried a high-grade hip pointer through training and a game, only to then fall heavily from a marking contest onto his pelvis and jar his lumbar spine,” Saunders said.
“We have needed to reduce his loads markedly this week and will rest Ned from playing.
“The bye has come at a good time – rest will help everything settle and set up the remainder of the year for Ned.”
Pretty much tells you he isnt physically ready for the AFL

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom