Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Fog gets off
Then changes of Davis for Press. Hutcheson in if Fog is out
So top ups are Boyle, Merrett, Seymour and Matthews. Quota done

gutted your SANFL team got bundled out.

I was hoping they would knock off the crows and Glenelg beat Port today.

then the Magpies face norwood in the prelim final and norwood got through.
It was interesting being there. We sat with a heap of Norwood fans, but 6 goals down away qtr time the reality sets in. I think the general feeling was that both AFL teams shouldn't be there, but at the end of the day they are.

Norwood were terrible Sunday, they wouldn't have beaten anyone.

Port v Crows GF could have its benefits

Couldn't agree more. Love his endeavor, but he's just too small, doesn't have quick top end speed, doesn't have polished finishing skills, and gets rag dolled regularly in one on one contests. He's a place-holder until one of the youngsters take his spot.
Disagree ....2nd year was an improvement on year 1 ..in a fwd line that simply didn't function

He has an elite turning circle, brave as they come & an invaluable left foot .....Murphy most definitely has a future

Necessity and proximity. No, the SANFL are parasites, they unfairly have a share of Adelaide Oval and they unfairly got a share of the clubs revenue at Footy park, meanwhile the dullards running the SANFL clubs and the SANFL were ******* around with finances and almost killing themselves.

Oh and the VFL nearly doing the same thing is irrelevant, so don't bother bring that up.

It is a nothing comp because it cannot stand on its own feet.
Think a change of name required Wetbehindtheears

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumour is that Fog deliberately whacked the guy because he wanted to be suspended for a week so he could go home...

...as Lucindale is hosting JJJ's One Night Stand this weekend.

Necessity and proximity. No, the SANFL are parasites, they unfairly have a share of Adelaide Oval and they unfairly got a share of the clubs revenue at Footy park, meanwhile the dullards running the SANFL clubs and the SANFL were ******* around with finances and almost killing themselves.

Oh and the VFL nearly doing the same thing is irrelevant, so don't bother bring that up.

It is a nothing comp because it cannot stand on its own feet.

Just wondering why do you think the Government who own the asset gave the rights to generate income to both the SACA and SANFL?

serious question to crows fans that do support any SANFL club.

For an example if you follow glenelg in the SANFL and follow the crows in the AFL, will you be supporting glenelg in the prelim?

I am a south fan and back in 2016, I was infuriated seeing sturt fans wearing crows colours. south finshed top 3 and got the double chance and lost to both sturt and crows in the finals.

Crows lost out in the prelim. sturt won the prelim by 6 goals and beat Woodville west torrens in the 2016 GF.

I am a south Adelaide fan. No disrespect for the crows SANFL team, Glenelg has to win this prelim.

If its a crows vs Port GF, there will be a backlash in social media.

Also, i know some of you love going on bay 13, there will be poo fights between both sets of fans too.
I went to support Norwood yesterday and my footy year is now over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Jones burst from a clearence and head directly towards goal was the most foreign adelaide crows things ive seen since we lost Dangerfield
Jones and Gooch are both extremely direct players. It what makes them dangerous.

People look at their stat numbers alone and think they aren't impacting the game. But 16 touches is all you need to change a game if you put them in the right place!

Jones and Gooch are both extremely direct players. It what makes them dangerous.

People look at their stat numbers alone and think they aren't impacting the game. But 16 touches is all you need to change a game if you put them in the right place!
Add Fog to that list as well.

A lot of people don't understand, If the SANFL did not control the 2 SA teams entry into the AFL, then Port and Norwood would have joined the AFL/VFL without SANFL backing or approval, and played all there AFL games at Adelaide Oval Leaving the SANFL with a large loan repayments still outstanding on Football Park and No money-generating teams playing there. That would have left the SANFL at ammo level financially, Ok to pay extra for the best SA talent but would not be able to bring in players from across the border. SANFL would be pure but let's face it who would have gone.
Remember at the Time Both Norwood and Port were Cashed up and Had proactive leaders of their Clubs. and the SANFL did not have any rites to Adelaide Oval. and would be unable to stop them. even if they forced them to stay in the SANFL that would only be a 2nd teams.same as what we have currently.

Need to look at this from both directions, The Crows and Port entry into the AFL, help the SANFL it made them finically stronger, Moving to Adelaide Oval was a major win full for the SANFL, But would the SANFL been able to afford bailing out several SANFL clubs if they did not have the extra income generated from owning the 2 AFL clubs. Even with the extra cost of Bailing out Port. They still made Money off the AFL.

Mine was last week.

My SANFL club comes first, but I don't mind the AFL clubs being there for the time being
My wife was happy had a list when I got home ready to go of all the stuff I need to fix around the house.

Each to their own. But I see us as a club and will support them from top to bottom. Norwood are my number 2 but Crows are always No 1 and getting this kind of experience can only benefit our kids. Are you all saying if we make the grand final against Port you wont come watch and support them. That is really disappointing. Our players need us. We put a lot into this club with our membership. Much more than we do our SANFL sides. I wish we had an AFL reserves comp but we don't yet. When one does come in the SANFL will become a third tier comp. I will continue to support us in the SANFL until we move to the VFL/AFL Reserves..

A lot of people don't understand, If the SANFL did not control the 2 SA teams entry into the AFL, then Port and Norwood would have joined the AFL/VFL without SANFL backing or approval, and played all there AFL games at Adelaide Oval Leaving the SANFL with a large loan repayments still outstanding on Football Park and No money-generating teams playing there. That would have left the SANFL at ammo level financially, Ok to pay extra for the best SA talent but would not be able to bring in players from across the border. SANFL would be pure but let's face it who would have gone.
Remember at the Time Both Norwood and Port were Cashed up and Had proactive leaders of their Clubs. and the SANFL did not have any rites to Adelaide Oval. and would be unable to stop them. even if they forced them to stay in the SANFL that would only be a 2nd teams.same as what we have currently.

Need to look at this from both directions, The Crows and Port entry into the AFL, help the SANFL it made them finically stronger, Moving to Adelaide Oval was a major win full for the SANFL, But would the SANFL been able to afford bailing out several SANFL clubs if they did not have the extra income generated from owning the 2 AFL clubs. Even with the extra cost of Bailing out Port. They still made Money off the AFL.

The SANFL and SACA haven't got the financial control for any other reason than the government own the asset and there is a pretty damn good reason why this was handed to both the SANFL and SACA, its not because of the money they put into the AFL teams either

If the AFL owned a stadium in Adelaide all games would be played there and the return going to the AFL.

If adelaide owned the stadium they would get the return if Port owned the stadium they would get the return

Correct, I will not be going to watch. I'm not one who goes to neutral finals just because they are finals.

The SANFL and SACA haven't got the financial control for any other reason than the government own the asset and there is a pretty damn good reason why this was handed to both the SANFL and SACA, its not because of the money they put into the AFL teams either

If the AFL owned a stadium in Adelaide all games would be played there and the return going to the AFL.

If adelaide owned the stadium they would get the return if Port owned the stadium they would get the return
not about who owns the stadium but who had the rites to the stadium, SANFL had Football Park, SACA had controlling rites to Adelaide Oval.
If the SANFL did not come to the Party then the VFL/AFL would have gone with Port and Norwood and use Adelaide Oval thru the SACA.
Cutting out the SANFL and of any Financial gains. it may have been the beginning of the end for the SANFL.
The SANFL choice to take some control allowing them some financial gains, to compensate the expected loss in revenue from supporters leaving the SANFL and going to the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back