brucetiki

Spec Moderator
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
My experience was a few years back. It didn’t bother me in that I was a neutral, and with mostly with mates supporting Sturt. More amazed than anything.

There wasn’t many, maybe 8 or so blokes behind the goals. Flags lying on the ground at their feet. Spent the whole time abusing the opposition players, absolutely berating them with the most filthy language. It was so over the top that it was surreal.
The same ones that also kicked up when their CEO banned them from doing banners.

It's a bit like the active Melbourne Victory supporters. Cause so much disruption it nearly costs their club points, then protests when given guidelines on how to behave.

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
Jul 12, 2013
Wherever the ESH clubrooms are
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Colorado Rockies.
Is Partington a decent chance to get re-drafted? Surely a team like Melbourne or GC would be interested.
Better chance than Grigg, but realistically, he isn't a decent chance of being re-drafted.

May get lucky with some club wants to bolster their depth at least, but being delisted from a club (and not being picked up as a DFA) after a few years on a list would be working against him big time. After all, it's hard to argue if Partington has much scope for improvement, and no side will waste a list spot without that promise.

Last edited:

craig crowing

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not over interested in result next week only in watching our young ones put in another good game which a lot of them haven't all year.
Been disappointed in McAdam this season as hoped he would have been McGovern replacement this year eventually but was very very impressive in all areas today and can see playing important role next season in AFL
Strachan and EH showed a lot ,well have to admit McHenry played well but still think we could have done better with that pick and see him as just a more talented Murphy really when we needed a bigger bodied running mid .
Think sholll and Hamill were good late picks along with Butt.
Still undecided if Poholke going to make it but certainly has strengths for AFL and think only reason Wilson kept is to give that big bodied mid for the young in SANFL. Whilst Gallucci not worth pick we used on him , he certainly uses the ball well when does find it.
Yes great to see our future performing well and playing good style of footy.

ad victoriam

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Don't know if this is the correct place for this But an Article justed pop up in the Adelaide Now site, Yea its Paywalled, short article, main points below

"Port Adelaide vice-captain Hamish Hartlett has taken a massive swing at the SANFL in the wake of the suspensions for Billy Frampton and Aidyn Johnson
using social media to question whether the league could make it any more obvious it does not want Port to win a premiership "

“Free kick counts are a disgrace (for both AFL reserves teams) every week, now suspensions for minor indiscretions like this,” Hartlett said. “Pathetic.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't know if this is the correct place for this But an Article justed pop up in the Adelaide Now site, Yea its Paywalled, short article, main points below

"Port Adelaide vice-captain Hamish Hartlett has taken a massive swing at the SANFL in the wake of the suspensions for Billy Frampton and Aidyn Johnson
using social media to question whether the league could make it any more obvious it does not want Port to win a premiership "

“Free kick counts are a disgrace (for both AFL reserves teams) every week, now suspensions for minor indiscretions like this,” Hartlett said. “Pathetic.”

THe SANFL will love to fine the PAFC and make a bit of extra cash

Geoffa32

Hall of Famer
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

I look forward to seeing the free kick count in our game against Glenelg this week....

If I can find them.
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Punchy Bassett

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos

Frampton got reported twice in one game! I know who the idiot is there. And Johnson's was a snipe.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
They were feral last week too.

To the club's credit, their CEO has tried to remove the troublemakers in their cheer squad - to the extent she banned them from making banners for a couple of weeks during the 2016 Finals Series. Most have chosen to stop attending matches rather than comply with the CEO's expectations, but some of them were back with a vengeance last week.
My understanding was that Mattner didn’t want banners as he thought they were pointless and a distraction. Never heard it having anything to do with the CS

brucetiki

Spec Moderator
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals

Seb Gulhaus got 3 matches for making similar comments following the 19th man scandal last year. I wonder if Hartlett can be cited by the SANFL for his comments?

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Serious? Frampton whacks the guy with a forearm to the head- has form too.

Bit of a dog - hope he misses the GF and that we go nowhere near him as rumoured
I thought more clumsy than intentional, didn't appear to hit him that hard.

He honestly strikes me more as a bloke whose not hugely co-ordinated but is being geed up to play an "enforcer" role.

Top Bottom