Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

threefa9

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some serious hindsight bias occurring in here RE drafting; recruiters do there best would’ve genuinely rated someone like Poholke over Graham, but sometimes these kids just have something intangible going on in their head that can be the difference between them making it or not - and that is extremely tough to judge when they are 17 or 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some serious hindsight bias occurring in here RE drafting; recruiters do there best would’ve genuinely rated someone like Poholke over Graham, but sometimes these kids just have something intangible going on in their head that can be the difference between them making it or not - and that is extremely tough to judge when they are 17 or 18.
Probably but Graham was u16 u18 state captain u18 AA and Larke medalist his old man played SANFL footy

Its not as though he hasn't shown anything

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sanders

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Probably but Graham was u16 u18 state captain u18 AA and Larke medalist his old man played SANFL footy

Its not as though he hasn't shown anything

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Graham is still in and out of Richmond’s side

He’s better than poholke but he’s no star, just a good ordinary player

And def not someone to give a crap about missing out on

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Graham is still in and out of Richmond’s side

He’s better than poholke but he’s no star, just a good ordinary player

And def not someone to give a crap about missing out on
Youre are so so Wrong about graham how good was he coming on with a dislocated shoulder and playing out the game, lot of richmond supporters saying Future captain and we are want to follow the tigers, dont stress hamish liked Myles

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club

Sanders

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Youre are so so Wrong about graham how good was he coming on with a dislocated shoulder and playing out the game, lot of richmond supporters saying Future captain and we are want to follow the tigers, dont stress hamish liked Myles
Whooosh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Crow till I die chazwazza

I see the Double blues have "pinched" one of our development players Jy Farrar for season 2020...

Bloody SANFL clubs at it again pinching all our good players.......... ;) :p

Be funny now if the AFC or one of the AFL clubs swoop now and draft/rookie him after his impressive showing at the SA State Combine. :fire:

Crow till I die

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

I see the Double blues have "pinched" one of our development players Jy Farrar for season 2020...

Be funny now if the AFC or one of the AFL clubs swoop now and draft/rookie him after his impressive showing at the SA State Combine. :fire:
I spoke with a young Sturt lad recently that happened to go quite well in the recent combine, Sturt have recruited very well so far - Abe Davis, Jordan Houlahan (back from Essendon) and Dean Gore!! - THE Dean Gore. Apparently Rose from Sydney is also on the Radar....Now young Farrar. This particular lad i spoke with was quite excited about things at Sturt. Hoping the AFL give the Blues a miss this year come draft night, although if the crows are looking the young lad i spoke with I think could be a real x factor player - looks very talented

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club

Yeh, I’m amazed how well and how early we’re recruiting players so far, it’s pretty impressive. I was going to ask on here about Farrar and what the thoughts were of his couple of games.
Mutineer, what’s the background of Day, cousin of Sam Day. What’s he like and where has he been playing, club and position?

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeh, I’m amazed how well and how early we’re recruiting players so far, it’s pretty impressive. I was going to ask on here about Farrar and what the thoughts were of his couple of games.
Mutineer, what’s the background of Day, cousin of Sam Day. What’s he like and where has he been playing, club and position?
Will Day [Blood 'n' Tars] played mainly across half back at the U18's Championships but still very immature body wise but more upside than most youngsters in this draft. 188cm 70 kg with a lot of development to come, athletic, quick, extremely good in the air with X factor off the charts. Think he could play in all areas of the ground personally with his talent base.

Peter J

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will Day [Blood 'n' Tars] played mainly across half back at the U18's Championships but still very immature body wise but more upside than most youngsters in this draft. 188cm 70 kg with a lot of development to come, athletic, quick, extremely good in the air with X factor off the charts. Think he could play in all areas of the ground personally with his talent base.
Does Will hail from the Robert/Ian family?

Firewalker

-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ah thanks - so grandson of Robert, great nephew of Ian.

Hmmm now where does Sam fit in...cousin?
Yep , Will mentioned that in an interview a while back he'd had a few chats with cuz since he's had plenty of AFL clubs come knocking in recent times.

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sam is Ian’s grandson. Will and Sam second cousins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I remember seeing Robert play for West and SA but I never saw Ian play even though I was a Panthers barracker as a kid and he played for them and West but he was just before I really got serious about my football...I do remember him being on the Sunday SA footy show on telly back then, reckon his nick name on there was Daisy. Wally May and Pat Hall a couple of others I vaguely remember from that show. And a Warhurst bloke I reckon had a son that played for Norwood I think?

Ozzie

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
I remember seeing Robert play for West and SA but I never saw Ian play even though I was a Panthers barracker as a kid and he played for them and West but he was just before I really got serious about my football...I do remember him being on the Sunday SA footy show on telly back then, reckon his nick name on there was Daisy. Wally May and Pat Hall a couple of others I vaguely remember from that show. And a Warhurst bloke I reckon had a son that played for Norwood I think?
You're correct it was Ian "Daisy" Day. Tom Warhurst was the Norwood player. IIRC correctly Daisy's go to call was "with a leap like a startled gazelle." KG's was "Strike me pink."

Top Bottom