Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.5 or not, you've absolutely got to bring Stengle into the AFL side if he's able to generate so many scoring shots. I'm not that fussed over the quantity of behinds.

Ned seemed to drop out of the game. Did anyone see him out there in the last quarter?
I think we had him minding petrenko and 52 for the eagles as they were the ones doing the damage for the eagles. Tightened up on both in the second half quite well. He still provided a lot of run but wasn’t always used.

I was out at the game today. Wilson and Greenwood standouts. Galluci was lost. Gibbs had a lot of possession but he burns it. He did look fairly good though but I would not rush him back. Our players miss a lot of easy marks.

2.5 or not, you've absolutely got to bring Stengle into the AFL side if he's able to generate so many scoring shots. I'm not that fussed over the quantity of behinds.
Add on the certain goal running into an open 50 just as the siren blew too.

Certainly agree on Himmelberg.

Extraordinary that some in here saying he needs to ‘extract the digit’ when he’s hauled in 9 marks.

Plenty of comedy in here today
He was leading AT the ball carrier this week and was too quick for his defender. Plus the passing into the forward line was much, much better (partly from better forward set up and leads)

Best thing about Wilson today as well as the all those touches was that he was prepared to kick long at times and break the game open.

I have been frustrated with the lack of flair - the easy otion of the short pass is taken every time - too predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that’s exactly the problem.

Kid has no chance to press his claims

He doesn't have much of a chance even if he is playing there, seeing it's really just waiting for Lynch form to drop, Tex we'll hold regardless as really he's who our side is built around. It's apart of that joy of absolutely ******* up our list management by resigning Lynch knowing full well that Fogarty needed AFL game time.

For Fog it's pretty much convert him to a defender or trade him right now.

A good lesson in why showing loyalty to a B+ veteran when you have an A grade talent is in the wings is always the wrong decision. No matter what that B+ player offers.

I thought that young lad Matty Wright showed good form all over the ground. Didn't make may mistakes, scored 3 goals and should be in line for promotion.

Why are we not playing Strachan in the ruck in the sanfl? We have hunter playing the lead ruck role at the moment. Hunter is never going to play afl, so why wouldn’t we develop strachan. He looks pretty coordinated on the weekend.

Why are we not playing Strachan in the ruck in the sanfl? We have hunter playing the lead ruck role at the moment. Hunter is never going to play afl, so why wouldn’t we develop strachan. He looks pretty coordinated on the weekend.
Strachan is coming off a managed preseason recovering from 2018 a mid season broken ankle playing for Port Melbourne in the VFL probably explains why he's playing mainly up forward at this point. Played most of his footy for South Bendigo as a Ruck/Forward when not playing VFL for the Bombers or the Borough.

Given he would likely be the Jenkins replacement, to not give him any ruck time is poor strategy. It’s not as if the other rucks are ever going to get a game.
He was the chop out last year after ROB had a shoulder reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back