Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doedee>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Laird and Smith overhead.

And Sholl is far more Smith than Laird re low penetrating kick.

They'd still be well suited as they're adequate enough overhead. My only gripe with Laird is really height based here, as it does rely on a decent amount of reach.

People overrate how difficult the Doedee role is, it was one that made Henderson, and Reilly look like stars. If they excelled, Smith and co will excel.

From what I've seen this year, the two best teenagers playing SANFL this year are Lachie Sholl and Kai Pudney (Port have a NGA steal here).
Pudney's foot skills are very ordinary.....and that's being kind, can certainly find it but using it is not on the same level.

Last edited:
Not sure if there is much value in us playing SANFL. Some of the umpiring calls and non-calls yesterday showed a level of corruption and hostility towards us that is ridiculous. That plus having to play with c-grade top-ups. We are doing okay so far this season, but that will change as the season progresses and injuries mount up. A winning culture at our club should start with the 2s. So far our history in the SANFL has seen us being belted and playing crap football. Give us an AFL 2nds comp and things would change.
I think that you are right with this. I was excited about Adelaide entering the SANFL as a team so that the younger players can develop together as a team. However, it seems that the SANFL are keen for both Adelaide and Port Adelaide to not have success in the SANFL. As a result the players representing Adelaide in the SANFL are scared to touch players in fear that they will give away a free kick. This is not good for developing players in the AFL.

I think that you are right with this. I was excited about Adelaide entering the SANFL as a team so that the younger players can develop together as a team. However, it seems that the SANFL are keen for both Adelaide and Port Adelaide to not have success in the SANFL. As a result the players representing Adelaide in the SANFL are scared to touch players in fear that they will give away a free kick. This is not good for developing players in the AFL.
One thing I notice with ROB is the free kicks he gives away at AFL level. He does that every week in the SANFL and nothing gets called..... must confuse the bloke.

Who can remember when we were thinking about entering the SANFL the kerfuffle that ensued in regard to the "maintaining the integrity of the competition"? That was mainly around us potentially not trying at finals time and wanting to rest players etc. It was largely a Rooch beat up, but there was still definitely a bit of it coming from SANFL.

Nek minnit, SANFL "maintain the integrity of the competition" by fixing the games with umpiring.

Its a funny world.

Not sure if there is much value in us playing SANFL. Some of the umpiring calls and non-calls yesterday showed a level of corruption and hostility towards us that is ridiculous. That plus having to play with c-grade top-ups. We are doing okay so far this season, but that will change as the season progresses and injuries mount up. A winning culture at our club should start with the 2s. So far our history in the SANFL has seen us being belted and playing crap football. Give us an AFL 2nds comp and things would change.
The last two rounds the umpiring has been the best I’ve seen it with regard to AFC. The first round it was absolutely criminal some of the decisions being made.

The last two rounds the umpiring has been the best I’ve seen it with regard to AFC. The first round it was absolutely criminal some of the decisions being made.
What that tells you is we are happy when it's only moderately biased.

Exciting SANFL team named with McAdam (woohoo), McHenry (great news after two concussions including a car accident), Jones, Stengle, Davis, Sholl, Hamill and Gallucci all there.

All of the AFL emergencies have been named in the SANFL team though - who will drop out to be the travelling emergency?

Last edited:
Exciting SANFL team named with McAdam (woohoo), McHenry (great news after two concussions including a concussion), Jones, Stengle, Davis, Sholl, Hamill and Gallucci all there.

All of the AFL emergencies have been named in the SANFL team though - who will drop out to be the travelling emergency?

Our SANFL team looks ******* quick

B: 51. Hamish Latchford, 22. Andy Otten, 35. Will Hamill
HB: 41. Jordon Butts, 32. Darcy Fogarty, 38. Lachlan Sholl
C: 23. Shane McAdam, 7. Jordan Gallucci, 58. Jordon Boyle
HF: 25. Ned McHenry, 4. Josh Jenkins, 40. Ben Davis
F: 17. Tyson Stengle, 45. Kieran Strachan, 19. Matthew Wright
FOL: 37. Paul Hunter, 20. Chayce Jones, 31. Patrick Wilson
INT: 69. Matt Merrett, 63. Billy Hayes, 62. Tom Hutchesson, 54. Jackson Press, 55. Mitch Johnson
In: Gallucci, Hayes, Jones, McAdam, McHenry
Out: Mathews, Poholke, Ryan

INT: 69. Matt Merrett, 63. Billy Hayes, 62. Tom Hutchesson, 54. Jackson Press, 55. Mitch Johnson
Looks like an exciting team...but would probably like to see the Fog at full forward, Merrett (who impresses me as a top up player) at CHB and Strachan warming the bench

Was it Mathews who kicked that ripper goal last week with Irra chasing him ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not with Saunders in charge, something a lot seem to be overlooking in relation to the likes of Greenwood and Gallucci.

https://www.saundersphysiotherapy.com.au/staff/
I have no issues with this whatsoever..... particularly after years of players playing underdone.

What I meant was as soon as they deem him match ready he will play 1s. He just has that something we lack. Skills of Stengle with the speed of Knight and the leap of very few in our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back