Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought the Crows v Power Reserves game was a stand alone whilst the State game was on.

Just checked fixture....I am wrong.

Are our top ups eligible for the State game?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think Callinan and/or Beech played in one a few years back.

Wright wasn't in the squad though.

No game this week due to the state match which I don’t think is on tv. 2 weeks time could see Jacobs, Douglas and Seedsman in the Sanfl side and Milera into Afl side
With the form of the sanfl side it's gonna be hard for both Jacob's and Douglas to get a game.:)

Last edited:
All I can think about is McHenry in the Showdown and how absolutely excellent he would be tackling their slow plodding midfield....
You know full well when we give him a game it will be on a half forward flank :sob:

Does the club post SANFL highlights every week? Would love to see them from the Norwood game. Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a digital pass?

Does the club post SANFL highlights every week? Would love to see them from the Norwood game. Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a digital pass?
Bite the bullet - never been a better time to get around the SANFL side. Bags of young talent, top ups better than they’ve ever been. Playing very entertaining footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bite the bullet - never been a better time to get around the SANFL side. Bags of young talent, top ups better than they’ve ever been. Playing very entertaining footy.
I just did. Enjoyed watching the Norwood replay apart from the commentary. Whoever is alongside Weid is killing me woth the way he smacks his lips constantly.

First time I have bought the digital pass this year. Mainly because of so many exciting youngsters and low injury list.

Have really enjoyed watching the side every week. Stream is mostly issue free too.

I just did. Enjoyed watching the Norwood replay apart from the commentary. Whoever is alongside Weid is killing me woth the way he smacks his lips constantly.

I’m exactly the same, bought it at quarter time last week and it’s bloody excellent. Except for the horrific drool slurping and general chit chat those goes on instead of calling the game.

I’m exactly the same, bought it at quarter time last week and it’s bloody excellent. Except for the horrific drool slurping and general chit chat those goes on instead of calling the game.
Did I not tell you last year it was bloody brilliant, Peter Walsh's commentary unfortunately is very ordinary when we lob him for our games but. The Weed's "expert" commentary made it bearable last week....Just.

Did I not tell you last year it was bloody brilliant, Peter Walsh's commentary unfortunately is very ordinary when we lob him for our games but. The Weed's "expert" commentary made it bearable last week....Just.
Walsh's commentary of McAdam's wicked mark for Sturt last year is one of my favourite things on YouTube. He is so bad that it is hilarious.

I'd rather play McHenry as the small pressure forward. It's his position and he's better at it. Play Jones in the Mackay role where he can use his speed.

Getting kids games is a matter of taking an opportunity, even if it is not their main game. If the choice is small pressure forward, or SANFL for Jones - it's small pressure forward every day of the week, and McHenry can wait.

I'd much rather he go nowhere near the small pressure forward role. Let him do a Rozee and roam on the flank and use his pace.

Neddy can play pressure forward.

We've shown no inclination to play that role at all, though potentially we were starting to give Jones that licence to do that.

Right now, plan for the case of small pressure forward, or SANFL, and it's much better for us that Jones plays AFL even if he isn't a positional fit.

Walsh's commentary of McAdam's wicked mark for Sturt last year is one of my favourite things on YouTube. He is so bad that it is hilarious.

McAdam has an eerie resemblance to Fog in the SANFL telecasts: he has similar hair, movement and mannerisms, and just looks like a miniature version. It's difficult to detect the size difference on TV, but I guess the relative thigh thickness is the biggest giveaway. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back