Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Only by the nuffies that don't watch the SANFL rarely if ever, Myles has come on in leaps and bounds this season, very accomplished now [composure & decision making] in areas where he had previously struggled.
He should be playing tonight instead of Douglas.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cheers. 2017 draft picks not 2018.
Can't remember that far:) Looked it up. Fogarty i am somewhat concerned with. McPherson should be alright but has been injury prone. The concern for me with Fogarty is his size. Needs to drops some weight off his legs to get around the ground better. His chasing speed is not bad though. Doesnt seem the contested mark type. Judgement out on him. Fog reminds me of that rugby player that played for gold coast. Needs to shed quite a bit of weight if possible.

Last edited:

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
The 2016 draft was pretty average so we really need 2017 and 2018 to be successes.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Hugely disappointing performance today to be honest.

The only 2 players from that game with any hope of breaking into the AFL side any time soon are Jacobs and Gibbs. Neither set the world on fire, but both were solid. Jacobs very important late. Gibbs’ class was apparent at various times.

Wilson had 40 odd touches but has no AFL attributes. Treacle slow and questionable skills. Will be delisted at the end of the year.

Butts has a big future IMO. 2021 will be his time at AFL level.

Davis showed some signs but his foot skills were absolutely horrendous. Needs a retirement or two to avoid being delisted this year. That’s reality.

McAdam has that touch of silk about him, but will not play AFL footy this year.

I’m a huge McHenry fan. He was hot garbage today.

Jones was very solid, but not enough impact today to come into selection calculations v Richmond, and still really messy by foot which has been a theme for him this season.

Stengle barely got near it.

Otten was ok.

Fogarty was invisible. Again.

Hamill has a big future. 2021. There’s a touch of peak Jarrod Harbrow about his game.

Sholl didn’t have his best day but had a couple of nice moments. I think he’ll be a player.

Poholke was ok but I don’t think he’ll be on our list by 2021.
Disagree, I felt it was a very gutsy win.

This group needed to win a game in which they didn't play well. Young guys stood up late.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Cheers. 2017 draft picks not 2018.
Fogarty is becoming a slight concern for sure, yet to really dominate a game at the lower level, shows flashes of being a serious footballer but always leaves me looking for more.

With McPherson and his injury wracked run up to date I think he needs to be cut a fair bit of slack just yet, moves well and has good skills....He'll make it if he can keep his body right IMO.

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Great post. I agree with Davis. What are your thoughts on our 2017 draft picks? Really concerning.

Fogarty: Key bigs tend to take a while to come on. He’s blocked by Tex, and the delivery to him in the SANFL is generally crap. Down on confidence right now and prone to lashing out at opponents. Still hasn’t turned 20. I’m confident he’ll still have a nice future, but I don’t think he has superstar potential at all.

McPherson: I’m not really a fan. Vanilla vanilla vanilla with a body made of glass. Where’s the point of difference such as explosive speed or a penetrating kick? Doesn’t have one. Not sure how he’ll ever break into the AFL side.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I really want to know the logic behind Knight spending so much time on the ball. For 0 clearances. His utility as a player is in his endurance to get into space and be that link up guy. Just a waste of time for all involved, we either need him to come good in his role or trade him.

This game reaffirms to me that Jones is our best prospect in a while. He's still raw and makes mistakes but the talent just oozes out. He's so good in traffic, very physical even though he's a skinny teenager and has genuine pace in breaking away or running people down.
Knight will be traded as long as someone wants him.

Great post. I agree with Davis. What are your thoughts on our 2017 draft picks? Really concerning.

Not really concerning, but a bit frustrating at this point.

Fogarty does have time, but it's hard to see how he'd break into our squad for a while. McPherson has the talent to be a best 22 player, but just can't stay fit. Wilson is a dud but it's only a rookie pick.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fogarty is becoming a slight concern for sure, yet to really dominate a game at the lower level, shows flashes of being a serious footballer but always leaves me looking for more.

With McPherson and his injury wracked run up to date I think he needs to be cut a fair bit of slack just yet, moves well and has good skills....He'll make it if he can keep his body right IMO.
Thanks mate.

Jones and McHenry are never going to be superstars of the competition, they are never gonna be elite. Which is why we need to take pick 1 or 2 to the draft and get the very best midfielder.

Oh this post is going to be horribly wrong with Jones.

The kid has everything you want in a midfielder, tough as nails, smart as anything, has silk and has the pedigree. He'll be a jet, though it'll be like Milera in that it'll take 40-50 games to materialise.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fogarty: Key bigs tend to take a while to come on. He’s blocked by Tex, and the delivery to him in the SANFL is generally crap. Down on confidence right now and prone to lashing out at opponents. Still hasn’t turned 20. I’m confident he’ll still have a nice future, but I don’t think he has superstar potential at all.

McPherson: I’m not really a fan. Vanilla vanilla vanilla with a body made of glass. Where’s the point of difference such as explosive speed or a penetrating kick? Doesn’t have one. Not sure how he’ll ever break into the AFL side.
Cheers mate.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was Jacobs' game last week a bit of a dead cat bounce?

I dunno, he wasn't terrible and did some nice things but...you have to expect so much more for a guy with such size dominance against Sanfl rucks. Still doesn't jump, drops marks he should clunk ( which would have been paid had he been wearing black and red) and just seemed to coast. If he wants his spot back he has to serve up much better than what I saw today

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Can't remember that far:) Looked it up. Fogarty i am somewhat concerned with. McPherson should be alright but has been injury prone. The concern for me with Fogarty is his size. Needs to drops some weight off his legs to get around the ground better. His chasing speed is not bad though. Doesnt seem the contested mark type. Judgement out on him. Fog reminds me of that rugby player that played for gold coast. Needs to shed quite a bit of weight if possible.
Surely you jest? That's absolutely his strongest attribute along with a very penetrating kick.

Last edited:
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Oh this post is going to be horribly wrong with Jones.

The kid has everything you want in a midfielder, tough as nails, smart as anything, has silk and has the pedigree. He'll be a jet, though it'll be like Milera in that it'll take 40-50 games to materialise.
Watching him move across the field, it really highlights how many of our guys struggle to cover ground in both speed and with a lack of effort.

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Disagree, I felt it was a very gutsy win.

This group needed to win a game in which they didn't play well. Young guys stood up late.

I personally couldn’t give a s**t whether we win or lose in the SANFL. I’m looking for standout individual performances to create intense selection pressure for the fringe guys in the seniors. We have a full list to choose from other than Doedee and somehow the likes of Atkins and Murphy are skating through despite poor form.

Why would they even need to perform if their direct competition play like that? Yuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back