Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say i also liked the look of Davis on the weekend. I wonder whether he has left his run too late but he is now playing a much more consistent brand of football and he is now not going MIA for long periods of the game. He seems to have improved his running ability and confidence. His wonderful mark in the last quarter was very special. He has good synergy with fellow indigenous player McAdam. He too has that little difference in his play. I gather he must be coming from a long way back because he rarely gets mentioned in dispatches.
Agree. Inconsistency was his weakness last year. Theres a small story put out a couple weeks ago that Tom Lynch has taken him under his wing.

Has really showed. His work rate is miles better and hes starting to catch the eye throughout a game, not just a great mark/goal here and there.

Yes, please. Laird’s kicking is driving me up this wall this year; trying to collect snow. I know he’s always been like that but it seems worse than ever in 2019.
Laird was very good in his AA year where he read the play and took intercept marks as the opposition tried to exit their 50 so his bomb kicks were always inside 50 to a pack of players (hence it wasn't turn over and consider effective kick). This year he hasn't been able to do this (dropping a few marks) so he seems to be getting most of his possession inside his defensive 50 and just bomb kicks to opposition players.

I'm guessing part of what they want to see from Fogarty is him not just using brute strength to get involved in games or get out of trouble. That can work at SANFL level, but he might find it harder at AFL level to do that to every defender who comes his way.
SPP does not like this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1pk3wu7.png

oMlEelJ.png

I'm guessing part of what they want to see from Fogarty is him not just using brute strength to get involved in games or get out of trouble. That can work at SANFL level, but he might find it harder at AFL level to do that to every defender who comes his way.
It’s all down to his work rate and running patterns , he’s a great player when the ball is in his area but it’s more important at AFL level to get to the right areas over and over eg Tom Lynch

He needs to do less weights and continue to build his running

McHenry out with general soreness already might explain why he hasn't been in the plans for an AFL selection so far.
He’s played 1 game in 5 weeks hasn’t he and made the emergency list in that time? How can he be sore?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide :

League

F: Hunter, Fogarty, Stengle

HF: Wright, Himmelberg, Poholke

C: Davis, Wilson, Mackay

HB: Knight, Butts, McPherson

B: Hamill, Otten, Sholl

R: Jacobs, Gibbs, Jones

INT: Latchford, McAdam, Merrett, Strachan

IN: Mackay, Latchford

OUT: McHenry (General Soreness)

Centrals :
League

F: J. Schiller, Fort, Falkenberg

HF: Hoskin, McKenzie, Burton

C: Barreau, Jydon Neagle, Goodrem

HB: Payne, Patterson, Llewellyn

B: Jenner, Madden, Habel

R: Marsh, Menzel, T. Schiller

INT: Auckland, Gillard, Jaxon Neagle, Presbury, Weaver

IN: Burton, Falkenberg, Gillard, Payne

OUT: Haydon, D. Pisani

He’s played 1 game in 5 weeks hasn’t he and made the emergency list in that time? How can he be sore?
He’s tiny still and has copped a couple of massive knocks around hip and pelvis which have slowed him down and affected his form

Hence why we prob haven’t played him yet , he’s tiny and building his body on the run . Nothing to worry about though mid term

So McHenry rested due to general soreness. From memory he has played 1 game in the last 4 weeks due to State games and the Bye and....used as a travelling emergency. The only soreness would be from his ass region I would think.

So McHenry rested due to general soreness. From memory he has played 1 game in the last 4 weeks due to State games and the Bye and....used as a travelling emergency. The only soreness would be from his ass region I would think.
Adelaide’s Science and Medical Services Coordinator Steve Saunders said that McHenry had "been in the wars" over the past couple of weeks after a quality preseason and good SANFL form.
“Two weeks ago, he carried a high-grade hip pointer through training and a game, only to then fall heavily from a marking contest onto his pelvis and jar his lumbar spine,” Saunders said.
“We have needed to reduce his loads markedly this week and will rest Ned from playing.
“The bye has come at a good time – rest will help everything settle and set up the remainder of the year for Ned.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back