Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
You do though. You can see it when someone has the ability to transition to AFL or not just by the plays they make in the SANFL. Those little moments that tell you they've got the innate talent to make the jump up, or have the potential too with a bit more refinement.

I haven't watched much SANFL, but what I've seen, I don't rate Wilsons chances of making it at all. Mind you, it could be a good cultural selection and of course, you could have some lifespan of being limited but working really hard (the Matty Wrights of this world).
By your admission you don’t watch sanfl much yet you are happy to rule a line through a player. Wow

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You do though. You can see it when someone has the ability to transition to AFL or not just by the plays they make in the SANFL. Those little moments that tell you they've got the innate talent to make the jump up, or have the potential too with a bit more refinement.

I haven't watched much SANFL, but what I've seen, I don't rate Wilsons chances of making it at all. Mind you, it could be a good cultural selection and of course, you could have some lifespan of being limited but working really hard (the Matty Wrights of this world).

Everyone deserves a crack at the big tme, and its up to them to prove themselves

Jon Beach was destroying the SANFL but simply couldn't handle the AFL, but he deserved his shot

Some show some great signs in the AFL but never follow through like James Sellars or who could forget Kluzek with 5 goals in his first game

Really cant pidgeon hole anyone, but give them an opportunity and they need to take it like Tony Modra did when Scott Hodges got injured

CEY has grabbed his this year with both Hands

Give Wilson a fair crack and see if he can take it

By your admission you don’t watch sanfl much yet you are happy to rule a line through a player. Wow

Yup. The vast majority of SANFL work is just meaningless noise (seeing the jump in difficulty makes it irrelevant), and really it doesn't take long for it to show there is something worth persisting with even on a bad game. You are only looking for flashes of class and tools which should transition. Something I've never seen enough of from Wilson.

Does the fact Wilson hitting the production he is mean his chances of being an AFL player have improved? Not even slightly.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Everyone deserves a crack at the big tme, and its up to them to prove themselves

Jon Beach was destroying the SANFL but simply couldn't handle the AFL, but he deserved his shot

Some show some great signs in the AFL but never follow through like James Sellars or who could forget Kluzek with 5 goals in his first game

Really cant pidgeon hole anyone, but give them an opportunity and they need to take it like Tony Modra did when Scott Hodges got injured

Who are you and what have you done with Marty?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who are you and what have you done with Marty?

That doesn't mean Im going to back away from wanting Burton in our team a good SA lad whos father was a quality SANFL player and who has torn a left one on of our two best forwards in Tex and Betts

Big miss there

Port are loving getting him in their team if you read their board

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
That doesn't mean Im going to back away from wanting Burton in our team a good SA lad whos father was a quality SANFL player and who has torn a left one on of our two best forwards in Tex and Betts

Big miss there

Utter bullshit!

We had one pick in the range that Burton was drafted and selected Tom Doedee, no big miss there.....actually a very big gain. A very good footballer and a very high character young man. The only other pick we could have used on Burton was used on Wayne Milera and I can't say I'm too disappointed there either with what he's shown, going through a bit of a rough patch at present but I'm sure he'll come out the other side and have a long and successful career.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Utter bulls**t!

We had one pick in the range that Burton was drafted and selected Tom Doedee, no big miss there.....actually a very big gain. A very good footballer and a very high character young man. The only other pick we could have used on Burton was used on Wayne Milera and I can't say I'm too disappointed there either with what he's shown, going through a bit of a rough patch at present but I'm sure he'll come out the other side and have a long and successful career.

Arent you the guy who plays Favs, so I read, but its pretty damn obvious in your postings

Here you go again

Milera is clearly the better pick

And Burton will have achieved more in his short time than doedee, fair enough injury but quite ironic when Burton was supposed to not stand up, Port are absolutely loving what they got and to see him destroy our best two forwards we have had since Modra. Wandering what scalps they are prepared to put Doedee on, Ill help you no one like tex or betts

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Arent you the guy who plays Favs, so I read, but its pretty damn obvious in your postings
You're taking the piss yeah?

Me playing favourites....

Ok says the guy that bleets on endlessly about Ryano Burton, Jacko Graham, and Jonty Shazza etc.

Give me a break.

And that's all from me before you absolutely trash another thread with your Burton vs Doedee crap and Jacko on Sloane GF crap.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You're taking the piss yeah?

Me playing favourites....

Ok says the guy that bleets on endlessly about Ryano Burton, Jacko Graham, and Jonty Shazza etc.

Give me a break.

And that's all from me before you absolutely trash another thread with your Burton vs Doedee crap and Jacko on Sloane GF crap.

We all know you play Favs, but that's cool you keep thinking otherwise

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

I've said it before, but a big bodied, tackling inside mid - could be the tagger we are after to play on someone like Cripps, Selwood, Cunnington, Win(g)es

What's his endurance like?

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
I'd have to say all of our kids played well and showed flashes

Chayce Jones was a bit rough on Grigg, was funny

Hamill tried hard

Wilson was good

Himmelberg was excellent

Strachan, or fat Tom Lynch as i like to call him, played very well too and was rewarded with a goal at the end.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
So did we see any AFC officials down their of note?

David Mackay sat next to me at the northern end behind the goals.

I thought - my first thought - was s**t, this dude's skinny. Oh, he looks like David Mackay, but no professional AFL player could be that skinny. Oh wait it *is* David Mackay.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Nobes just had too many hats on here, he was headhunted for a reason.

If anything, he is more influential at Brisbane. Quite a few mentions of him being in the mix for a head coaching job this off-season - he's seen as an excellent leader.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
If anything, he is more influential at Brisbane. Quite a few mentions of him being in the mix for a head coaching job this off-season - he's seen as an excellent leader.
I thought Noble was being lined up for a future role within AFL house

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane

Big miss there

He's been in and out this year, just like he was at Hawthorn. Surely he's barely a 50/50 chance to make it, and that's before you consider what the ongoing issue of his knee will be.

VERY happy we took Doedee, who looks like he will be a club captain.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's been in and out this year, just like he was at Hawthorn. Surely he's barely a 50/50 chance to make it, and that's before you consider what the ongoing issue of his knee will be.

VERY happy we took Doedee, who looks like he will be a club captain.

He had a hamstring come one don't write rubbish, its the only time he was out he has played 52 games compare that to 20, doedee has only missed this the last 12 games remember

Oh and if he doesnt leave at next contract isnt that what we really need to know flight risk SA talent against Vic Talent

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He had a hamstring come one don't write rubbish, its the only time he was out he has played 52 games compare that to 20, doedee has only missed this the last 12 games remember

Oh and if he doesnt leave at next contract isnt that what we really need to know flight risk SA talent against Vic Talent
Doedee is still better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back