Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Noble was being lined up for a future role within AFL house

There's been a fair bit of talk that he'll move into a club CEO role next - possibly ours if/when Greg Swan leaves.

I don't know how he managed things at Adelaide but he's done an amazing job for us. We were an absolute basket case 3 years ago and we've been turned around a massive amount.

David Mackay sat next to me at the northern end behind the goals.

I thought - my first thought - was s**t, this dude's skinny. Oh, he looks like David Mackay, but no professional AFL player could be that skinny. Oh wait it *is* David Mackay.
You don't need muscles to have elite run and carry :moustache:

A couple of the recent SANFL mid season draftees had big VFL games on the weekend, poor old Westies lost both these boys John Noble with 28 disposals for the Pies and Will Snelling 33 disposals for the Bombers, both pushing for AFL games. LC40

A couple of the recent SANFL mid season draftees had big VFL games on the weekend, poor old Westies lost both these boys John Noble with 28 disposals for the Pies and Will Snelling 33 disposals for the Bombers, both pushing for AFL games. LC40
I've always been a fan of Will Snelling. Short but a great in and under player who just knows how to football. He could be a good role player for a team who need some midfield depth. I hope he gets a chance at Essendon.

Im not the one saying at the beginning of Burtons career he would be lucky to get to 50 games
Who said that ??

I'm not the one who wrote off Doedee after some scrub from Glenelg kicked a couple goals on him 3 years ago.

I don't know anyone else who knows so little yet pretends to know so much.

Who said that ??

I'm not the one who wrote off Doedee after some scrub from Glenelg kicked a couple goals on him 3 years ago.

I don't know anyone else who knows so little yet pretends to know so much.

Come on the whoe reason for going for Burton over doedee was about hitting the SA talent when it was comparable or better

To suggest Burton after what we have seen this year is not better is ridiculous, he stands guns and is not a lose defender and manages to slot goals

The discussion used at the time was his body was stuffed he will hit 60 games at years end Doedee will be on 20

This season is being scripted that Glenelg will finally make a GF only to face to Port or Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 6 top ups qualified so far. No afl players yet as theres only been one game after June 30 but we will have alot qualified in two weeks. If ive counted right. May have missed a couple.

Attachments

• 1562566258628.png
    1562566258628.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 1562566481989.png
    1562566481989.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Come on the whoe reason for going for Burton over doedee was about hitting the SA talent when it was comparable or better

To suggest Burton after what we have seen this year is not better is ridiculous, he stands guns and is not a lose defender and manages to slot goals

The discussion used at the time was his body was stuffed he will hit 60 games at years end Doedee will be on 20
And yet he was trade bait for Hawthorn.

I guess they don’t know anything about football either

There's been a fair bit of talk that he'll move into a club CEO role next - possibly ours if/when Greg Swan leaves.

I don't know how he managed things at Adelaide but he's done an amazing job for us. We were an absolute basket case 3 years ago and we've been turned around a massive amount.

Nobles a good operator, there’s no doubt about that, however he’s always been a very safe operator. Was always going to be a good choice to get Brisbane back being a competitive, regular finals contender. The issue is he’s never been one to rock the boat or have a particularly ruthless edge.

Will be interesting to watch how the lions go over the next couple of years, can they make the tough choices or do they plateau a bit as a “competitive” side.

My limited understanding was he went for our CEO role that eventually went to Fagan and joined the Lions with the understanding he'd move over to the CEO role once he'd set the team.straight as head of football.

Nobles a good operator, there’s no doubt about that, however he’s always been a very safe operator. Was always going to be a good choice to get Brisbane back being a competitive, regular finals contender. The issue is he’s never been one to rock the boat or have a particularly ruthless edge.

Will be interesting to watch how the lions go over the next couple of years, can they make the tough choices or do they plateau a bit as a “competitive” side.
Not much “safe” about letting Rockliff and Beams go, trading in Charles and Neale for earlier picks than most expected (in hindsight both great decisions)

Not much “safe” about letting Rockliff and Beams go, trading in Charles and Neale for earlier picks than most expected (in hindsight both great decisions)
And nabbing the previously injury prone Lincoln McCarthy from the Cats is looking like a masterstroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back