crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
This will be our only Crows team to play a final at AO this year so when the time comes lets get out to OUR home ground and support the boys. Even if you have another SANFL team. Its looking very likely that we will have Norwood V Sturt followed by Crows V Port. Games this year for the first week will be 3:20 and 7:05. First night final in the SANFl that I can remember and its looking like a Crows Port game. Great day/Night out at the footy. Dont let the Port supporters out number us. I will have both my Norwood and Crows scarfs for the day/night if these are the games.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
This will be our only Crows team to play a final at AO this year so when the time comes lets get out to OUR home ground and support the boys. Even if you have another SANFL team. Its looking very likely that we will have Norwood V Sturt followed by Crows V Port. Games this year for the first week will be 3:20 and 7:05. First night final in the SANFl that I can remember and its looking like a Crows Port game. Great day/Night out at the footy. Dont let the Port supporters out number us. I will have both my Norwood and Crows scarfs for the day/night if these are the games.

There was a night EF between South and the Eagles in 2014 (reverse format to this year where the QF was the twilight game and the EF the night game).

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
from the SANFL young’uns, who do we think is the next big thing to come into the AFL scene (like Doedee and Fog)?

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have some great talent sitting in our SANFL squad ... the question is will we throw any into the big show and try a different path than the "stay in SANFL until the noise get's so loud we have to play them in the 1sts"?

Jones - WTF is this bloke not playing every game this year he isn't injured? 100% should be in the 22.
Butts and Scholl - Attacking defenders that can kick? Sure.
McHenry - Hard tackling aggressive small forward with good skills? Sign me up.
Himmelberg - 6 foot 6, 95kg hard chasing forward that likes to hit the contest and can backup ruck? Yes please.
Stengle - smart small evasive forward that cannot be tackled and kicks goals? We should be able to find a spot.
Davis - looks like a player of the future. Already had a taste, needs to be given more chances.
Poholke in the middle seems like a Lyons situation to me. He has what it takes, but not playing at Half-Forward. He needs to be on the ball.

I'd be ecstatic if we made some changes before the end of the year to include these guys ... but the reality is that the club will not want to "risk" it with a finals place on the line. Like making finals is the final goal. Like playing a younger player is less of a risk than playing an slow out of passion 30+ year old. FMD.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have some great talent sitting in our SANFL squad ... the question is will we throw any into the big show and try a different path than the "stay in SANFL until the noise get's so loud we have to play them in the 1sts"?

Jones - WTF is this bloke not playing every game this year he isn't injured? 100% should be in the 22.
Butts and Scholl - Attacking defenders that can kick? Sure.
McHenry - Hard tackling aggressive small forward with good skills? Sign me up.
Himmelberg - 6 foot 6, 95kg hard chasing forward that likes to hit the contest and can backup ruck? Yes please.
Stengle - smart small evasive forward that cannot be tackled and kicks goals? We should be able to find a spot.
Davis - looks like a player of the future. Already had a taste, needs to be given more chances.
Poholke in the middle seems like a Lyons situation to me. He has what it takes, but not playing at Half-Forward. He needs to be on the ball.

I'd be ecstatic if we made some changes before the end of the year to include these guys ... but the reality is that the club will not want to "risk" it with a finals place on the line. Like making finals is the final goal. Like playing a younger player is less of a risk than playing an slow out of passion 30+ year old. FMD.
Reading between the lines of Hamish Ogilvie's interview on Road to the Draft last night, I have a feeling that the opportunities are about to come thick and fast for a bunch of these players!

Reading between the lines of Hamish Ogilvie's interview on Road to the Draft last night, I have a feeling that the opportunities are about to come thick and fast for a bunch of these players!

Not with this coaching group and selection committee it isn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was listening to The Press Box podcast this morning on the way to work and the three boys were discussing the SANFL finals.

We and Port Adelaide are only allowed to field 16 AFL listed players. What a complete farce of a competition.

We have zero chance at winning the premiership and as soon as the AFL implement a national reserves competition, the better.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Was listening to The Press Box podcast this morning on the way to work and the three boys were discussing the SANFL finals.

We and Port Adelaide are only allowed to field 16 AFL listed players. What a complete farce of a competition.

We have zero chance at winning the premiership and as soon as the AFL implement a national reserves competition, the better.
Old news. It’s 17 actually. Or 16 and Wright. We’ve barely used that many all year anyway. That’s plenty but if we are knocked out of afl we will only have 15 afl qualified anyway. Port also made a gf with these rules

Last edited:

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Players Qualified for finals if AFL side is out
Wilson
Otten
Butts
Jacobs
Hunter - Injured for Season
Hamil
Sholl
Fogarty
Strachan
Poholke
Macadam
Davis
Stengle
Himmelberg
Jones
Gallucci - Can Qualify if he plays the last two in the SANFL
Wright
Latchford
Hutcheson
Merrett
Boyle
Johnson
Ryan
Davey
Seymour
Farrer - Needs one more game
Press - Needs one more game
Hayes - Needs two more games
Matthews - Needs one more game
Theraldsen - Needs two more games

Eg of Team with only the 15 AFL (includes Wright)

FHimmelbergStrachanStengle
HFMacadamFogartyWright
CJonesWilsonDavis
HBHamilButtsSholl
BDaveyOttenMerrett
RuckInter
JacobsLatchford
PoholkeHutcheson
BoyleJohnson
Here

Sidthehat

All Australian
Oct 7, 2017
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wonder if GWS would give a second for Himmelberg? With them losing players and having loads of picks the thought of getting a decent player who will stay there must be tempting. They could of course wait till next year but a year early might help them with ruck and to develop in their system.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club

If either team is alive in AFL finals they have no restrictions.
You have no salary cap, have access to the draft and the vast majority of your players are full time.......and you’re still complaining.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
If either team is alive in AFL finals they have no restrictions.
You have no salary cap, have access to the draft and the vast majority of your players are full time.......and you’re still complaining.
There are restrictions to the number of AFL players (17). Just none on who we can play. For example we can play someone whos played all year in the AFL but has just been dropped or injured and coming back though the SANFL. If the AFL are knocked out that person wouldnt be able to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back