Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
We will belt Glenelg. Again though not enough of you went today. Please get to the prelim and then the Grand Final, I just don’t get it.
Glenelg haven't been belted all year so I doubt very much that will happen. I do expect a Crows win however as it seems McBean has done a hammy. Being a Bays supporter for many years before the Crows came in I'll be cheering on Glenelg but whoever wins I just hope they beat the "Filth".

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
I went to last years GF but highly doubt I’ll go to this years regardless who’s playing. It’s a terribly tainted finals series and something I find hard to stomach.
However if Adelaide make it I hope they win especially for the Power melts.

Mr Courageous

Rookie
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
The highlight for me yesterday was watching Lachlan Sholl.

His precision foot skills and decision making were spot on, he must have hit at least 4 left foot 40 metre passes that were on the money (assuming he is right footed). He is exactly the type of player we need distributing the ball out of our back line next year.

Out of all the draft moves we made last year, moving up a couple of spots to get Sholl may have the greatest reward.

This sort of thing will help get me excited for next season.

spexau

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The highlight for me yesterday was watching Lachlan Sholl.

His precision foot skills and decision making were spot on, he must have hit at least 4 left foot 40 metre passes that were on the money (assuming he is right footed). He is exactly the type of player we need distributing the ball out of our back line next year.

Out of all the draft moves we made last year, moving up a couple of spots to get Sholl may have the greatest reward.

This sort of thing will help get me excited for next season.
He's right footed iirc. I made the comment when we drafted him that his kicking style is so similar on both feet its hard to tell which is his dominant foot. He needs to put on a few kg's over the summer and play next year in the seniors.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
not about who owns the stadium but who had the rites to the stadium, SANFL had Football Park, SACA had controlling rites to Adelaide Oval.
If the SANFL did not come to the Party then the VFL/AFL would have gone with Port and Norwood and use Adelaide Oval thru the SACA.
Cutting out the SANFL and of any Financial gains. it may have been the beginning of the end for the SANFL.
The SANFL choice to take some control allowing them some financial gains, to compensate the expected loss in revenue from supporters leaving the SANFL and going to the AFL.

SACA couldn't afford to redevelop Adelaide Oval so the AFL couldn't go that way, along with the fact the SACA would need to seek approval from the government to do so

Ill let you know the reason the SANFL and SACA have the windfall

The Governmentt control and own the Oval, They fund all sports in SA whether its hockey lacross netball, a way of funding both cricket and football in this state is give them the ability to make a return out of a government asset so they dont have to contribute as much hard cash to those sports.

The government themselves could run the SMA and keep the profits and then fund Cricket and Football I suppose through those profits , or use the asset to help those sports

Like I said if the AFL could afford to they would build a stadium of their own but how many years will it take for them to make a return if at all same with Adelaide or Port

Its a unique position that benefits the sport of football and cricket and the government isnt constantly putting their hand in their pocket and using their infrastructure to do so

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
SACA couldn't afford to redevelop Adelaide Oval so the AFL couldn't go that way, along with the fact the SACA would need to seek approval from the government to do so

Ill let you know the reason the SANFL and SACA have the windfall

The Governmentt control and own the Oval, They fund all sports in SA whether its hockey lacross netball, a way of funding both cricket and football in this state is give them the ability to make a return out of a government asset so they dont have to contribute as much hard cash to those sports.

The government themselves could run the SMA and keep the profits and then fund Cricket and Football I suppose through those profits , or use the asset to help those sports

Like I said if the AFL could afford to they would build a stadium of their own but how many years will it take for them to make a return if at all same with Adelaide or Port

Its a unique position that benefits the sport of football and cricket and the government isnt constantly putting their hand in their pocket and using their infrastructure to do so
Do you honestly believe that if Norwood and Port entered the AFL/VFL and used Adeliade oval then the State Government would not have come on board?
And it would not have been an SMA type situation. SACA would have been in control remember they were not in debt in 1990, like they were after the revamp in 2009 for 2011/12 ashes test. which force them to accept the state government deal.
IF anything the Government would have to Drag the SANFL into the fray. Which is why the SANFL forced the issue to maintain control of the AFL sides. they could see what would have happened if they lost control.
Nothing wrong with that its good management to look ahead. and it the one reason they are financial secure today.
Never underestimate the forward-thinking of the SANFL. it would be an insult to the people involved at the time.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you honestly believe that if Norwood and Port entered the AFL/VFL and used Adeliade oval then the State Government would not have come on board?
And it would not have been an SMA type situation. SACA would have been in control remember they were not in debt in 1990, like they were after the revamp in 2009 for 2011/12 ashes test. which force them to accept the state government deal.
IF anything the Government would have to Drag the SANFL into the fray. Which is why the SANFL forced the issue to maintain control of the AFL sides. they could see what would have happened if they lost control.
Nothing wrong with that its good management to look ahead. and it the one reason they are financial secure today.
Never underestimate the forward-thinking of the SANFL. it would be an insult to the people involved at the time.

The SA Governemnt came on board with THEIR asset and they would have if it was Port and Norwood that went into the AFL, like they did with Port and Adelaide in the AFL

The SANFL wouldn't have been dragged in, the Government would have still had the SMA and have it controlled by SACA and the SANFL

Why would the SA Government give anyone else the ablity to run the SMA and take profit from THEIR asset unless it benefited the sport as a whole in this state not individual clubs, it would be like giving Adelaide Norwood or Port access to the SMA would never ever happen

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I took my kid to a SANFL prelim a few years ago v Sturt. I vowed after that game I’d never expose him to that level of degenerate ferals again.

And I checked with him last night - no way Dad, not going to SANFL finals again to barrack for Crows. He hadn’t forgotten

Matt27

Debutant
May 27, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Fremantle, Glenelg, Nightclif,
The two clubs I love are playing in a Preliminary Final. I grew up with Glenelg and my family were always closely tied to Glenelg. I get to most Glenelg games. But I also love the Crows, and get to as many Crows SANFL games as I can. I went to the Qualifying Final and made a point of going early yesterday. I will be very torn on Sunday, but want to see Glenelg's 33 year drought broken. The club nearly folded a few years ago, and it will be such a big boost to win a flag. But if Adelaide does win on Sunday, my fiancé and I will be there Grand Final day cheering the boys on against Port, and hopefully plenty of others will be too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I took my kid to a SANFL prelim a few years ago v Sturt. I vowed after that game I’d never expose him to that level of degenerate ferals again.

And I checked with him last night - no way Dad, not going to SANFL finals again to barrack for Crows. He hadn’t forgotten
That was a pretty tame day compared to some of the Crows matches I've been to

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
The SA Governemnt came on board with THEIR asset and they would have if it was Port and Norwood that went into the AFL, like they did with Port and Adelaide in the AFL

The SANFL wouldn't have been dragged in, the Government would have still had the SMA and have it controlled by SACA and the SANFL

Why would the SA Government give anyone else the ablity to run the SMA and take profit from THEIR asset unless it benefited the sport as a whole in this state not individual clubs, it would be like giving Adelaide Norwood or Port access to the SMA would never ever happen

They would have at the Behest of the SACA, Remember the SACA had a big Voice in the '90s and a request for a revamp of Adelaide oval to cater for 50K would have been accepted.
We are also talking about the early 90's, not 2010's. No SMA full stop, and before the SANFL made a deal with the AFL re all games to be played at Football Park.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
They would have at the Behest of the SACA, Remember the SACA had a big Voice in the '90s and a request for a revamp of Adelaide oval to cater for 50K would have been accepted.
We are also talking about the early 90's, not 2010's. No SMA full stop, and before the SANFL made a deal with the AFL re all games to be played at Football Park.

The SACA have always been broke

The government was the only way Adelaide were going to have a decent stadium.

The government are fully aware both Adelaide and Port are in complete control of the AFL with the AFL having control over both clubs boards

They would never give their asset to either club to control because of this

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
The SACA have always been broke

The government was the only way Adelaide were going to have a decent stadium.

The government are fully aware both Adelaide and Port are in complete control of the AFL with the AFL having control over both clubs boards

They would never give their asset to either club to control because of this
Last post on the subject. Marty we are talking about the 1990s ask a few questions, and you will find out the SANFL were forced to act and act quickly to maintain control.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals

The hypocrisy of the No AFL in the SANFL parrots astounds me. They mock the '4000 at every game' statement Trigg/Chapman made (which, frankly, does deserve derision as that was never going to happen), but then any Crows supporter that attends matches (often in addition to their own SANFL side's match) is subjected to the vitriol and abuse you experienced. So people don't go (because they don't want to spend 2 hours being abused by feral No AFL in the SANFL parrots), and then the parrots return to mocking the 4000 at every game statement.

Mind you it was only 10 or so years ago these same parrots would often question whether Centrals and the Eagles had a place in the SANFL (and you still have morons like Graham Cornes that question the validity of Centrals premierships in the 2000's). There's always been an element in the SANFL that bully and vilify the most recent entrants into the competition, and now they're actually causing some decent damage to the league.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
The hypocrisy of the No AFL in the SANFL parrots astounds me. They mock the '4000 at every game' statement Trigg/Chapman made (which, frankly, does deserve derision as that was never going to happen), but then any Crows supporter that attends matches (often in addition to their own SANFL side's match) is subjected to the vitriol and abuse you experienced. So people don't go (because they don't want to spend 2 hours being abused by feral No AFL in the SANFL parrots), and then the parrots return to mocking the 4000 at every game statement.

Mind you it was only 10 or so years ago these same parrots would often question whether Centrals and the Eagles had a place in the SANFL (and you still have morons like Graham Cornes that question the validity of Centrals premierships in the 2000's). There's always been an element in the SANFL that bully and vilify the most recent entrants into the competition, and now they're actually causing some decent damage to the league.
I go to about five or six SANFL games a year.

It is always salty grumpy old guys who give out the abuse when they see my Crows hat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Watched the win vs Norwood on 7plus, lots to like.

Fingers crossed our SANFL team is awful next year due to the best kids playing AFL instead.

Is it wrong to think Hamill and Sholl could be the new Goodwin and Edwards, starting out on the HBF and eventually moving into midfield?

Jones - lacks the strength for his eventual role of inside mid who wins contests and bursts clear. Should play 22 games next year on a half forward flank.

McHenry - has time in congestion and doesn't waste a possession, that's his elite trait IMO. Should play 22 games next year on a half forward flank.

McAdam - nice to see him elevate from 2-3 AFL quality moments to 10+ AFL quality moments. Should play 22 games next year on a half forward flank.

Hamill - competes, runs, uses the ball thoughtfully. Should play at least 10 games next year but could easily become a regular.

Sholl - footy IQ and skills. Should play at least 10 games next year but could easily become a regular.

Himmelberg - fantastic hands and knock-ons, good footy IQ, not strong enough to hold contested marks. Was much better than 7 possessions would indicate. With a huge off season like ROB had this year he should be aiming to become a regular.

Poholke - needs to nail down a midfield spot next year and I don't see it unless we do something drastic like trade both Crouches. Would love to see a huge off season to at least apply serious pressure.

Gallucci - 16 possessions, 0 tackles. Uses the ball neatly but not doing enough to command a place. This pre season he either elevates his defensive energy to match his ball use and demands a half forward role, or starts thinking about his next opportunity.

Butts - SANFL development year so early days. I don't see him as an AFL option in the next year unless we are going full rebuild.

Hunter - not as bad as I expected from this thread. Ruck backup in case everyone else gets injured.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Haha... yes, I have stood next to the Sturt cheer squad before. Absolutely feral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back