hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So why post on this thread? What point are you trying to make?
I enjoy watching our kids run around and play good footy, indeed I enjoy it when they win most of the time. I'm just not as emotionally involved like I am with Sturt.

I actually hope to be celebrating my grassroots club GF victory.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
So Fog Free to play
So Davis for Press. I would like Hutcheson in as he’s been the regular with Merrett this year but Boyle, Seymour, Merrett and Matthews were all good so there’s your four

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Watched the win vs Norwood on 7plus, lots to like.

Fingers crossed our SANFL team is awful next year due to the best kids playing AFL instead.

Is it wrong to think Hamill and Sholl could be the new Goodwin and Edwards, starting out on the HBF and eventually moving into midfield?

Jones - lacks the strength for his eventual role of inside mid who wins contests and bursts clear. Should play 22 games next year on a half forward flank.

McHenry - has time in congestion and doesn't waste a possession, that's his elite trait IMO. Should play 22 games next year on a half forward flank.

McAdam - nice to see him elevate from 2-3 AFL quality moments to 10+ AFL quality moments. Should play 22 games next year on a half forward flank.

Hamill - competes, runs, uses the ball thoughtfully. Should play at least 10 games next year but could easily become a regular.

Sholl - footy IQ and skills. Should play at least 10 games next year but could easily become a regular.

Himmelberg - fantastic hands and knock-ons, good footy IQ, not strong enough to hold contested marks. Was much better than 7 possessions would indicate. With a huge off season like ROB had this year he should be aiming to become a regular.

Poholke - needs to nail down a midfield spot next year and I don't see it unless we do something drastic like trade both Crouches. Would love to see a huge off season to at least apply serious pressure.

Gallucci - 16 possessions, 0 tackles. Uses the ball neatly but not doing enough to command a place. This pre season he either elevates his defensive energy to match his ball use and demands a half forward role, or starts thinking about his next opportunity.

Butts - SANFL development year so early days. I don't see him as an AFL option in the next year unless we are going full rebuild.

Hunter - not as bad as I expected from this thread. Ruck backup in case everyone else gets injured.
He’s always played best when he’s been the number one ruck. But Rob has always had that so he hasn’t had that much opportunity as main ruck

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Frampton and Fogarty
Early Guilty Plea: $200 fine and reprimand.
Frampton Striking
Early Guilty Plea: 1 Match,
Aidyn Johnson
Early Guilty Plea: 1 Match,
Port lose 2 Forwards

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Adelaide forward Darcy Fogarty has been offered a $200 fine and reprimand with an early guilty plea for striking Norwood’s Mitch Grigg in the First Semi-Final at Adelaide Oval on Sunday.
Darcy Fogarty (Adelaide) – Striking
Conduct
: Careless
Impact: Low
Base Sanction: 1 Match
Early Guilty Plea: $200 fine and reprimand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The highlight for me yesterday was watching Lachlan Sholl.

His precision foot skills and decision making were spot on, he must have hit at least 4 left foot 40 metre passes that were on the money (assuming he is right footed). He is exactly the type of player we need distributing the ball out of our back line next year.

Out of all the draft moves we made last year, moving up a couple of spots to get Sholl may have the greatest reward.

This sort of thing will help get me excited for next season.
I like the look of him. His kicking looks to be of a natural ambidextrous player ie. not afraid to go for either foot depending on how urgently he needs to kick it, and similar sort of penetration and accuracy too.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Watched the win vs Norwood on 7plus, lots to like.

Fingers crossed our SANFL team is awful next year due to the best kids playing AFL instead.

Is it wrong to think Hamill and Sholl could be the new Goodwin and Edwards, starting out on the HBF and eventually moving into midfield?

Jones - lacks the strength for his eventual role of inside mid who wins contests and bursts clear. Should play 22 games next year on a half forward flank.

McHenry - has time in congestion and doesn't waste a possession, that's his elite trait IMO. Should play 22 games next year on a half forward flank.

McAdam - nice to see him elevate from 2-3 AFL quality moments to 10+ AFL quality moments. Should play 22 games next year on a half forward flank.

Hamill - competes, runs, uses the ball thoughtfully. Should play at least 10 games next year but could easily become a regular.

Sholl - footy IQ and skills. Should play at least 10 games next year but could easily become a regular.

Himmelberg - fantastic hands and knock-ons, good footy IQ, not strong enough to hold contested marks. Was much better than 7 possessions would indicate. With a huge off season like ROB had this year he should be aiming to become a regular.

Poholke - needs to nail down a midfield spot next year and I don't see it unless we do something drastic like trade both Crouches. Would love to see a huge off season to at least apply serious pressure.

Gallucci - 16 possessions, 0 tackles. Uses the ball neatly but not doing enough to command a place. This pre season he either elevates his defensive energy to match his ball use and demands a half forward role, or starts thinking about his next opportunity.

Butts - SANFL development year so early days. I don't see him as an AFL option in the next year unless we are going full rebuild.

Hunter - not as bad as I expected from this thread. Ruck backup in case everyone else gets injured.
Listening to a podcast about the Baby Bombers and boy it gets me excited IF the club backs these players ( or most of them) to play as many games next year as they can.

1992 the Essendon reserves won the vfl flag under Pagan and they had the core ofthe 93 side

Its why I am most angry at Jacobs. I hope the players can get to the GF as that experience will be invaluable. I am angry at Fogarty as well , love the agro but it needs to be controlled

( Sturt are out and I wont attend, my SANFL team isnt playing - but good news is I will be dead soon and the SANFL will wither without new fans coming in , but thats ok isnt it - this is to both sides of the discussion)

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
Listening to a podcast about the Baby Bombers and boy it gets me excited IF the club backs these players ( or most of them) to play as many games next year as they can.

1992 the Essendon reserves won the vfl flag under Pagan and they had the core ofthe 93 side

Its why I am most angry at Jacobs. I hope the players can get to the GF as that experience will be invaluable. I am angry at Fogarty as well , love the agro but it needs to be controlled

( Sturt are out and I wont attend, my SANFL team isnt playing - but good news is I will be dead soon and the SANFL will wither without new fans coming in , but thats ok isnt it - this is to both sides of the discussion)

You're not going to do an Alex on us are you mate ? ;)

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
You're not going to do an Alex on us are you mate ? ;)
I completely missed the reference until I re-read the quoted.

More this idea that it is now 28 years since the AFC came in and 25ish for Port. Anyone under 30 would most likely not have a SANFL team they follow full time. In 30 years time that will be anyone under 60 and there goes the audience

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I took my kid to a SANFL prelim a few years ago v Sturt. I vowed after that game I’d never expose him to that level of degenerate ferals again.

And I checked with him last night - no way Dad, not going to SANFL finals again to barrack for Crows. He hadn’t forgotten
Don't say that about crows supporters

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
I completely missed the reference until I re-read the quoted.

More this idea that it is now 28 years since the AFC came in and 25ish for Port. Anyone under 30 would most likely not have a SANFL team they follow full time. In 30 years time that will be anyone under 60 and there goes the audience

Yep, fully understand.
I take my young lad to a few sanfl games. I'm not sure if he will follow a team in the sanfl but we enjoy it enough that he might show an interest to support a team in the the future

Stepover

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
LMAO.....Fogarty only received a fine.

Still an embarrassing post champ?

Yes,still a embarrassing post Champ.

Firstly Fogarty was found guilty and fined wasn’t he? (& was very lucky).
So yes it was a reportable offence.

Secondly calling an ex-player of the Adelaide Footy Club a *#*! flog just because he expressed his opinion is an embarrassing post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back