Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People also look at drafting as if it's an exact science. You have a model and it predicts what will be the best outcome 100%.

They're going to get some wrong.
Just shouldn't be getting too many 1st round picks wrong, particularly those at the pointy end.

Just checked out Connor Rozee’s SANFL stats from last year. He played 12 games and averaged 12.8 touches and only kicked 11 goals. Didn’t dominate matches and clearly not good enough for AFL. Port would do well to delist.

Honestly, how anyone could watch today’s game and not come away being optimistic about some of the young guys is beyond me. Will they all become stars? No. But Jesus, you’re a sad individual if you couldn’t muster at least some enthusiasm from today’s performance.
The idiotic posting that goes on when a SANFL game is being played is comedy gold.

Kids win a semi final - club is well placed.

Kids lose a prelim - club is finished.

Apart from a few who actually understand players are developing its best ignored

yh9YunY.png

hHH2Tdo.png

Just shouldn't be getting too many 1st round picks wrong, particularly those at the pointy end.
Hard to rate Hamish but my negatives is last 3 years top 2 picks which I agree with you have to get right majority of time .
Only 1 of our top 2 picks over last 3 years can be shown as good is Fogarty which everyone supporting Crows would have picked.
Of course we have disagreed re last years pick and argument would be give them time .
But although both shown a bit they have nowhere shown that worthy of combination 2 highest picks we have ever had in what was a super draft .
Both got kicks but were out of their depth yesterday with Ned giving away multiple free kicks ,turnovers and kicking into man and giving away to 25 metre penalties .This in SANFL after watching many first year do really well in AFL this year.

Hard to rate Hamish but my negatives is last 3 years top 2 picks which I agree with you have to get right majority of time .
Only 1 of our top 2 picks over last 3 years can be shown as good is Fogarty which everyone supporting Crows would have picked.
Of course we have disagreed re last years pick and argument would be give them time .
But although both shown a bit they have nowhere shown that worthy of combination 2 highest picks we have ever had in what was a super draft .
Both got kicks but were out of their depth yesterday with Ned giving away multiple free kicks ,turnovers and kicking into man and giving away to 25 metre penalties .This in SANFL after watching many first year do really well in AFL this year.

From one SANFL game at the back end of a season?

Jones has shown more than enough to be excited about with him in our seniors, and McHenry has missed a lot of football this season (and really, was playing well to the point he was kicking the door down prior to whatever injury struck him down), even then McHenry showed signs he has a very bright future at the next level in the third term with his aggression and work rate.

The idiotic posting that goes on when a SANFL game is being played is comedy gold.

Kids win a semi final - club is well placed.

Kids lose a prelim - club is finished.

Apart from a few who actually understand players are developing its best ignored
You’re not suggesting some people are extremely reactive on here are you?

Thank you for posting stats for our SANFL team ... a convenient way to see frees for and against in our games...

.. | AFC frees | Other |
PF | 18 | Gle 24
SF | 20 | Nwd 22
QF | 21 | Por 16
18 | 30 | Sou 22
17 | 21 | Wwt 29
16 | 22 | Wes 16
14 | _8 | Nth 21
12 | 16 | Nwd 21
11 | 23 | Stu 24
10 | 15 | Cen 17
_9 | 25 | Wes 20
_8 | 22 | Nth 19
_7 | 22 | Por 19

Thank you for posting stats for our SANFL team ... a convenient way to see frees for and against in our games...

.. | AFC frees | Other |
PF | 18 | Gle 24
SF | 20 | Nwd 22
QF | 21 | Por 16
18 | 30 | Sou 22
17 | 21 | Wwt 29
16 | 22 | Wes 16
14 | _8 | Nth 21
12 | 16 | Nwd 21
11 | 23 | Stu 24
10 | 15 | Cen 17
_9 | 25 | Wes 20
_8 | 22 | Nth 19
_7 | 22 | Por 19
The SANFL really hate Port, North and Westies

Some serious hindsight bias occurring in here RE drafting; recruiters do there best would’ve genuinely rated someone like Poholke over Graham, but sometimes these kids just have something intangible going on in their head that can be the difference between them making it or not - and that is extremely tough to judge when they are 17 or 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some serious hindsight bias occurring in here RE drafting; recruiters do there best would’ve genuinely rated someone like Poholke over Graham, but sometimes these kids just have something intangible going on in their head that can be the difference between them making it or not - and that is extremely tough to judge when they are 17 or 18.
Probably but Graham was u16 u18 state captain u18 AA and Larke medalist his old man played SANFL footy

Its not as though he hasn't shown anything

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably but Graham was u16 u18 state captain u18 AA and Larke medalist his old man played SANFL footy

Its not as though he hasn't shown anything

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Graham is still in and out of Richmond’s side

He’s better than poholke but he’s no star, just a good ordinary player

And def not someone to give a crap about missing out on

Andre jarman said this morning that the two afl reserve sides are never winning the flag. He also says he's buying a new mattress after 30 years.

Strange fellow.

Graham is still in and out of Richmond’s side

He’s better than poholke but he’s no star, just a good ordinary player

And def not someone to give a crap about missing out on

Youre are so so Wrong about graham how good was he coming on with a dislocated shoulder and playing out the game, lot of richmond supporters saying Future captain and we are want to follow the tigers, dont stress hamish liked Myles

Youre are so so Wrong about graham how good was he coming on with a dislocated shoulder and playing out the game, lot of richmond supporters saying Future captain and we are want to follow the tigers, dont stress hamish liked Myles

Are you his Dad? FMD.

Crow till I die chazwazza

I see the Double blues have "pinched" one of our development players Jy Farrar for season 2020...

Bloody SANFL clubs at it again pinching all our good players.......... ;) :p

Be funny now if the AFC or one of the AFL clubs swoop now and draft/rookie him after his impressive showing at the SA State Combine. :fire:

Crow till I die chazwazza

I see the Double blues have "pinched" one of our development players Jy Farrar for season 2020...

Bloody SANFL clubs at it again pinching all our good players.......... ;) :p

Be funny now if the AFC or one of the AFL clubs swoop now and draft/rookie him after his impressive showing at the SA State Combine. :fire:
I spoke with a young Sturt lad recently that happened to go quite well in the recent combine, Sturt have recruited very well so far - Abe Davis, Jordan Houlahan (back from Essendon) and Dean Gore!! - THE Dean Gore. Apparently Rose from Sydney is also on the Radar....Now young Farrar. This particular lad i spoke with was quite excited about things at Sturt. Hoping the AFL give the Blues a miss this year come draft night, although if the crows are looking the young lad i spoke with I think could be a real x factor player - looks very talented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back