Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Crow till I die chazwazza

I see the Double blues have "pinched" one of our development players Jy Farrar for season 2020...

Bloody SANFL clubs at it again pinching all our good players.......... ;) :p

Be funny now if the AFC or one of the AFL clubs swoop now and draft/rookie him after his impressive showing at the SA State Combine. :fire:
Yeh, I’m amazed how well and how early we’re recruiting players so far, it’s pretty impressive. I was going to ask on here about Farrar and what the thoughts were of his couple of games.
Mutineer, what’s the background of Day, cousin of Sam Day. What’s he like and where has he been playing, club and position?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Yeh, I’m amazed how well and how early we’re recruiting players so far, it’s pretty impressive. I was going to ask on here about Farrar and what the thoughts were of his couple of games.
Mutineer, what’s the background of Day, cousin of Sam Day. What’s he like and where has he been playing, club and position?
Will Day [Blood 'n' Tars] played mainly across half back at the U18's Championships but still very immature body wise but more upside than most youngsters in this draft. 188cm 70 kg with a lot of development to come, athletic, quick, extremely good in the air with X factor off the charts. Think he could play in all areas of the ground personally with his talent base.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will Day [Blood 'n' Tars] played mainly across half back at the U18's Championships but still very immature body wise but more upside than most youngsters in this draft. 188cm 70 kg with a lot of development to come, athletic, quick, extremely good in the air with X factor off the charts. Think he could play in all areas of the ground personally with his talent base.
Does Will hail from the Robert/Ian family?

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ah thanks - so grandson of Robert, great nephew of Ian.

Hmmm now where does Sam fit in...cousin?
Yep , Will mentioned that in an interview a while back he'd had a few chats with cuz since he's had plenty of AFL clubs come knocking in recent times.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sam is Ian’s grandson. Will and Sam second cousins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I remember seeing Robert play for West and SA but I never saw Ian play even though I was a Panthers barracker as a kid and he played for them and West but he was just before I really got serious about my football...I do remember him being on the Sunday SA footy show on telly back then, reckon his nick name on there was Daisy. Wally May and Pat Hall a couple of others I vaguely remember from that show. And a Warhurst bloke I reckon had a son that played for Norwood I think?

Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
I remember seeing Robert play for West and SA but I never saw Ian play even though I was a Panthers barracker as a kid and he played for them and West but he was just before I really got serious about my football...I do remember him being on the Sunday SA footy show on telly back then, reckon his nick name on there was Daisy. Wally May and Pat Hall a couple of others I vaguely remember from that show. And a Warhurst bloke I reckon had a son that played for Norwood I think?

You're correct it was Ian "Daisy" Day. Tom Warhurst was the Norwood player. IIRC correctly Daisy's go to call was "with a leap like a startled gazelle." KG's was "Strike me pink."

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
You're correct it was Ian "Daisy" Day. Tom Warhurst was the Norwood player. IIRC correctly Daisy's go to call was "with a leap like a startled gazelle." KG's was "Strike me pink."
Comment Wally May

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Does anyone know if Matty Wright is playing on next year? Otherwise, David Mackay would be our perfect SANFL captain!!

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Graham is still in and out of Richmond’s side

He’s better than poholke but he’s no star, just a good ordinary player

And def not someone to give a crap about missing out on
Wow something we agree on. Graham is a textbook example of a player who is overrated on account of him playing in a successful, flag winning side.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
DM is still on the main list and not eligible for captain of the 2s.
I think Matty Wright is playing on or we would have heard that he's not.

Mackay can be SANFL captain, can’t be? Or were Keath and Greenwood still technically Cat B rookies when they were co-captains?

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wow something we agree on. Graham is a textbook example of a player who is overrated on account of him playing in a successful, flag winning side.
Is he overrated?

He completely turned the tide of a GF. Went to the player who, up until then, was the most influential player on the ground - instrumental in getting us away to a flier.

Graham not only cut Sloane out of the game but kicked 3 goals himself.

He may not have risen to those heights again ..yet. But he’s still young. Bit to play out yet.

Not overrated I wouldn’t have thought

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Is he overrated?

He completely turned the tide of a GF. Went to the player who, up until then, was the most influential player on the ground - instrumental in getting us away to a flier.

Graham not only cut Sloane out of the game but kicked 3 goals himself.

He may not have risen to those heights again ..yet. But he’s still young. Bit to play out yet.

Not overrated I wouldn’t have thought
We have very different ideas about what "getting off to a flier" actually means.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Mackay can be SANFL captain, can’t be? Or were Keath and Greenwood still technically Cat B rookies when they were co-captains?
Originally rules were had to be someone straight off list. Hence Callinan. After he retired we had no one eligible so gave it top up Carey. Following year Keath and Hugh. Then last year they loosened the rules to allow us to recruit a captain over 25. No rules on who. We got Wright and Port got Sutcliffe.

BlackWing

Debutant
Apr 28, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
This may be the wrong thread, sorry if it is but I am responding to a comment above.
Why all the hate for David Mackay on this board? I don't understand it. He is a Crows player so should be supported by the "supporters" on this board.
He has played 206 AFL games and kicked 59 goals and been on an AFL list since 2008. I think the term used is that he is a spud, but spuds do not play over 200 AFL games.

To play even 1 AFL game you need to be a fairly decent footballer. I don't think there would be many posters on this board who have played even 1 AFL or SANFL game even.

Ease up on the lad.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
This may be the wrong thread, sorry if it is but I am responding to a comment above.
Why all the hate for David Mackay on this board? I don't understand it. He is a Crows player so should be supported by the "supporters" on this board.
He has played 206 AFL games and kicked 59 goals and been on an AFL list since 2008. I think the term used is that he is a spud, but spuds do not play over 200 AFL games.

To play even 1 AFL game you need to be a fairly decent footballer. I don't think there would be many posters on this board who have played even 1 AFL or SANFL game even.

Ease up on the lad.
giphy.gif

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

31 - Andy Otten (Adelaide)

The much-admired Crows veteran called an end to his career at West Lakes but not before posting an extremely consistent SANFL season. An invaluable leader on and off the field, the 30-year-old averaged more than 19 disposals at 87 per cent disposal efficiency across 17 matches. Will be interesting to see whether Otten lands at another SANFL club in a playing-coaching capacity for 2020.

40 - Myles Poholke (Adelaide)

The strong-bodied midfielder threatened to tear the competition apart in some matches this season, evidenced by his performance against South in Round 4 when he booted four goals from 30 disposals, eight marks and five clearances. Ranked fourth in the Crows Best and Fairest, the 21-year-old averaged 21 possessions while also ticking the scoreboard over with 20 majors for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back