Roast AFC spin doctors - pressers, media & public messaging disasters

Remove this Banner Ad

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Simple question who is directing the ridiculous, out of touch public messaging that is currently coming out of the club at the moment?

This club took the steps to try to control all messaging that comes out of the club through their own in-house media arm in an effort to shutout the negative vindictive rumour mongers but after they were attacked by said negative vindictive rumour mongers early this year combined wth the GF loss they seem to have crumbled, taken shelter in a bunker and developed nothing more then a faulty us against them mantra.

It has seemed the media coaching that is currently taking place with players and staff took on a ridiculously condescending defensive siege mentality persona earlier in the year when it seemed everyone was out to get them.

This has somehow gotten worse over the duration of the season and more so the past fortnight when they could no longer play the ‘finals card’ in press conferences and after reluctantly admitting they could in fact not play finals they had to find some easy excuses for why that was the case, but due to the club still wanting to save some face and stand by their convictions they had to maintain that their stubborn clandestine messaging they had preached all season is still correct and refusing to take on or acknowledge any outsiders criticism is still the correct way to handle current situation.

More so the only shift recently in press conferences has been by club personnel to shift blame totally on the fitness levels of the playing group in an effort to exempt staff in the process and for senior members of the playing group & coaching staff to start to refer to places in the AFL team as some sort of mystical position that can only be awarded once a draftee has collected all 6 Infinity Stones.

Examples from this week’s Press Conference stupidity...

Honestly this direction the club has undertaken has led to nothing but a disconnect from the realities of the modern PR and media climates. It has wrongly fallen again down the “you should be happy with what you get” path. The authenticity of everything coming out of the club once again like the Trigg days is always questionable which has affected how this club is publicly viewed with its reputation in the past 12 months only intact to those who drink the club’s cool-aid and those inside the four walls who don’t care about or listen to ‘outside noise’.

I'm guessing we haven't had injuries to key players.

I'm guessing doodee hasn't been a major contributer.

I'm guessing we're happy to not play finals.

I'm guessing the Geelong Richmond sydney and west games were not strong midfield performances?

Might be better off making a thread about should should stay at the club. Might be more efficient than these ones who need to go.

Shutts should be shown the door

And there's only one media personality with the credentials to take his role

elspeth%2Bhussey%2Bchannel%2B7.jpg

So missed Rowie on 5aa this morning, apparently unloaded a heap?

Edit - caught Saunders for review Mcgovern to ask to leave today and something about a PPT person being moved on which has annoyed players.
What does Saunders for review mean?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall Phil Walsh’s first press conference

He spoke passionately about becoming an authentic club and what this meant to him was being open and honest with Sponsors, members and supporters

Sadly at this point we are the complete opposite
It does really feel like a bunch of people running the club who have no idea what they were doing.

Yep, couldn't work out if he said Sanders or Saunders.

You'd think the actual club would at least give a small response. This is getting ridiculous.
Has Roo said anything this morning? I haven’t heard him mention it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back