mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Seems to me the women’s AFL have basically called the Parade it’s home oval.
Will the men’s team eventually merge with Norwood FC in some way and move our base to the Parade. Maybe build a clubrooms in this more central location.
I’m just joining the dots.

Will the men’s team eventually merge with Norwood FC in some way and move our base to the Parade. Maybe build a clubrooms in this more central location.
Have you pulled an all-nighter?

Actually it’s starting to make sense, the new clubrooms Norwood are spending millions on building are actually for the Crows. Norwood didn’t say anything at the time otherwise local residents would complain even further.

Also it could be some sort of tactical genius from the Crows, train on a tiny ground that becomes a mud heap so when the team plays on an AFL conditioned ground it’s like Christmas and they play out of their skins.

I thought it was Kennington oval we wanted and Pembroke said yeah nah **** off
That could have worked nicely ... maybe it could yet happen in the future.

Compare the size with Norwood oval (which has almost same length as MCG), and the area surrounding Kensington Oval has enough room to build stands/clubroom (if they can get permission to cut the trees down).

591696_7a3205aff1c7719ee7593f5d6eed7b83.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering we are also playing a home game at Sturt, we haven't moved our women's team there. The only reason we had to move to Norwood was the stipulation from the AFL regarding the media room and playing rooms (I think Thebbie is actually better in terms of the players rooms). It wasn't a choice from the AFC - it was dictated to by the AFL not certifying Thebbie as an 'AFL ground'.

Actually it’s starting to make sense, the new clubrooms Norwood are spending millions on building are actually for the Crows. Norwood didn’t say anything at the time otherwise local residents would complain even further.

Also it could be some sort of tactical genius from the Crows, train on a tiny ground that becomes a mud heap so when the team plays on an AFL conditioned ground it’s like Christmas and they play out of their skins.

And the Bath hotel was going become the club rooms, Macca was coming back to take training, Aish the forward coach and David Payne as the groundsman, with coffees supplied by one of the Parade Cafe's, this will be superb and on top of that they are bring back the old Pie Cart to out front of the ground

And the Bath hotel was going become the club rooms, Macca was coming back to take training, Aish the forward coach and David Payne as the groundsman, with coffees supplied by one of the Parade Cafe's, this will be superb and on top of that they are bring back the old Pie Cart to out front of the ground
Your forgot Sam’s Disco

Might be time to lay off the booze for a long while.

Adelaide may absorb Norwood at some point, but they'll never merge.

That could have worked nicely ... maybe it could yet happen in the future.

Compare the size with Norwood oval (which has almost same length as MCG), and the area surrounding Kensington Oval has enough room to build stands/clubroom (if they can get permission to cut the trees down).

591696_7a3205aff1c7719ee7593f5d6eed7b83.jpg
Kensi oval would be one of the best local ovals wrt surface. It is an amazing oval.

Where do you live?
Nothing wrong with Norwood the suburb. Even considered living there. But this fantasy that Norwood oval is in someway special is funny. It's special alright though. It's got a brick wall of death on the western boundary and easily the worst outer in the SANFL. The oval itself is like a roller coaster and stinks of god knows what. Only rose-coloured glasses make it anything better than any other SANFL ground.

Nothing wrong with Norwood the suburb. Even considered living there. But this fantasy that Norwood oval is in someway special is funny. It's special alright though. It's got a brick wall of death on the western boundary and easily the worst outer in the SANFL. The oval itself is like a roller coaster and stinks of god knows what. Only rose-coloured glasses make it anything better than any other SANFL ground.
I don’t want to know your suburb, your house address please, I’m coming over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back