AFC to open a Crowmania store in the city

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the crows, if they bought a pub need to have it as a crows themed pub.

I also don't see the point in being a silent owner, the crows should be screaming it from the roof tops that they own it.

If it's neither themed, nor silent, what's the pull? How is it getting people in the door all week round? I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm having drinks before the game then I'm having them at whichever place has the cheapest drinkable beer on tap. If I feel like having a spendy weekend, I'm going to the German Club or the Belgian for the better drink selections. If I'm feeling really pinched, it'll be drinks at a mates place while he's still living in the CBD.

You can't just pay multi-millions for a North Terrace pub, plus the sky high yearly rent, and just run it expecting people to come. It has to have a hook that gets everyone through the doors, because relying solely on match day Crows fans it'll go bust before the end of the first season.

That's why I suggested an already established pub that turns over a decent trade rather than start up something new.

The strathmore is perfectly located, has a great beer garden which could play host to game day parties and I believe their food is quite good.

Can't say I have been there during the week so can't comment on how busy it is but i would think with its central location it will have more business than most city pubs during the week.

That's why I suggested an already established pub that turns over a decent trade rather than start up something new.

The strathmore is perfectly located, has a great beer garden which could play host to game day parties and I believe their food is quite good.

Can't say I have been there during the week so can't comment on how busy it is but i would think with its central location it will have more business than most city pubs during the week.
You have no hope of getting the Strathmore. I still believe it is run by the Basheer family who are mad Port Adelaide supporters.

Max a Port fan?

Cathederal is closer and it has lacked trade apart from cricket and bucks/hens nights. Would expect them to have worked out 22+ AFL games would be good for business.

I think the cheap hotel option was gone once the push for AO started. Time would help fix paying overs for a city/north adelaide venue but would the SANFL allow it? I think not and I can't see Vlad paying the SANFL out for either licence.

Crows shed mk111 can't see if it is in AO that SMA would let much of the profits out of their grasp.

New place same ....

Finally made it into the new Crowmania today. Got my new Puma hoody for Friday night. Much better than fighting the crowds at the AAMI Crowmania. Only, what I found was that they really didn't have a lot of stock. They had guernseys, shorts, socks and hoodys....but not a hell of a lot more. I reckon they need to expand that side of things, but its a nice shop!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back