Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We're back!

Game two for 2015 is set to commence with the Carlton game this week. No outright winner last time so AFC979810 retains naming rights. Pilchard_Adams and Red mist the latest additions to our Broom Closet.

Current Reigning Champion: no one

Hall of Fame: Coopers, Hinkstuff, SugarShane, Dirty Bird, jenny61_99, AFC979810

Broom Closet of Fame: johnnypanther, AFC979810, Glenno23, Brown_WOOLF, Tarasque36, DangerSloane, DD#23, Glenno23 again, Mattrox, Pilchard_Adams, Red mist

Rule Changes

Plenty! Too many probably. See below.

Rules
Basic plot: You have to pick an Adelaide goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Immunity Card: If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Crows first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card. An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Sub: If your player gets subbed on/subbed off - bad luck.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Rule Changes

Latecomers
If you miss seeing the thread this week and don't enter a selection for the Carlton game you can enter the competition for our next match (Hawthorn). However you will have to choose two goal kickers in that game.

If you still haven't entered by the Hawthorn game though then you cannot enter. This week, the bye, the whole next week... if you really haven't spotted the thread by then it's probably not meant to be.

Forgetting
It happens. I've been a bit of a hard arse on this and people who forget previously were allocated no one and got eliminated. However this creates a problem if someone has an Immunity Card. They progress but then have picked one less goal kicker than everyone else.

What will happen now is that if you forget to put in a goal kicker you will be allocated the Crows player with the lowest number that you are eligible to pick. Eg this week Pods (1), B Crouch (2) and Reilly (3) didn't play so Jenkins (4) would be the player allocated to anyone who forgets. If you had already selected Jenkins then you'd get Thompson (5) etc.

Tiebreaker
We have had the situation a few times where our last couple of tipsters both bomb out at the same time and there is no outright winner. That's all changed now due to our Tiebreaker Rule.

As the competition goes on I will count your goals. Eg if you pick Betts this week and he kicks 5 goals then those goals go against your name. If our final participants all bomb out at the same time then the winner is whoever has the most goals up until that point.

If the remaining participants are also equal on goals then there is no outright winner and into the Broom Closet you go.

Buying Back In
This is the biggest change to the rules so pay attention you lot.

There is nothing worse than getting knocked out of the goal kicking competition. Many posters sink into a gloomy funk and end up posting negative, off-topic and abusive posts across the board. It's even worse than when the Crows lose. In fact in a recent study of the things people fear most it was listed at No 1:

1. Getting knocked out of goal kicking competition
2. Public speaking
3. Death
4. Trigg coming back

To put some smiles back on our faces we now have an option to buy back in after you'd bombed out.

The week after you bomb out you can buy back in. To do that you need to select two goal kickers. You MUST get both selections correct to re-enter the game. If you are successful then you just carry on as per normal. You will have picked one more goal kicker than everyone else though - that is the price you must pay.

You can buy back in more than once but not twice in a row. Obviously you'll be using up an extra goal kicker each time so your pool of available goal kickers will shrink quickly.

Fine print - you cannot earn an Immunity Card or gain Tiebreaker Goals whilst buying back in.

Hopefully this will be a fun addition and extend the game for some of us. Though really doofus if you can't even pick one goal kicker right how likely are you to pick two...? We'll see.

Thoughts
Positive additions? Pointless tinkering? Convoluted and confusing? Stopped reading after the first paragraph? Would be interested to hear any opinions (though the above is set in concrete and won't be changed at all). Please also note that I'm not at all open to criticism and take even constructive advice as a personal affront and will likely hold it against you later.

TL,DR
Pick a goal kicker

Last edited:

Don't like the buyback rule. It is as bad as all those reality shows where they bring back "favourite contestants who got booted for serving a s**t dish" right close to the finals, if you are out, then suck it up you lost. The buyback idea is like trying to find a way for the fat unco kid to get picked first instead of where nature intended, dead set mother stuffing last.

That's my opinion though

not sure I like the tiebreaker, but the buyback is a great idea.

I'll take Lynch vs Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.
On this, which way does it go.

eg.

Dangerfield is the center and is a late withdrawal and Grigg is the in.

Do we go with
A) The person who becomes the center (eg. Thompson)
or
B) The replacement in the XXII (eg. Grigg)

On this, which way does it go.

eg.

Dangerfield is the center and is a late withdrawal and Grigg is the in.

Do we go with
A) The person who becomes the center (eg. Thompson)
or
B) The replacement in the XXII (eg. Grigg)
The replacement in the 22

Don't like the buyback rule. It is as bad as all those reality shows where they bring back "favourite contestants who got booted for serving a s**t dish" right close to the finals, if you are out, then suck it up you lost. The buyback idea is like trying to find a way for the fat unco kid to get picked first instead of where nature intended, dead set mother stuffing last.

That's my opinion though
Right... you just made the list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back