Afghanistan v Zimbabwe in UAE (2 Tests and 3 T20)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rashid is ruled out. Makes things easier for Zimbabwe

Except Zimbabwe are missing their best two batsmen (Taylor and Ervine) and their best two bowlers (Chatara and Jarvis).

Interesting to see how Wesley Madhevere goes in Test cricket. He looks like the next big thing for Zim

Except Zimbabwe are missing their best two batsmen (Taylor and Ervine) and their best two bowlers (Chatara and Jarvis).

Interesting to see how Wesley Madhevere goes in Test cricket. He looks like the next big thing for Zim

Yep, that Wesley kid has better technique than Harris, handscomb, head.

Blessing Muzurabani, too. Pretty sure he quit Zim to play County cricket but due to Brexit, Kolpak contracts are no longer allowed, and he's back for Zim. Has a pretty decent FC bowling average, although I'm not sure if that includes any County cricket.

There's no Zimbabwe fan here who's going to carry on like they've won world cup if they win this test?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought Asghar Afghan should be batting himself higher than 7.

This is why Afghanistan need to play more than 3 tests a year.

I’m sure there’s 6 consecutive T20s World Cup in 6 consecutive years (5 of those held in India) and then 3 mega IPL’s to chew through the Future Tours Program though.

This is why Afghanistan need to play more than 3 tests a year.

I’m sure there’s 6 consecutive T20s World Cup in 6 consecutive years (5 of those held in India) and then 3 mega IPL’s to chew through the Future Tours Program though.
Surely you are taking the piss we can’t be playing that much junk cricket?

Surely you are taking the piss we can’t be playing that much junk cricket?

Tongue in cheek. But there are back to back T20s world cups in the next two years. Next step will be the IPL getting longer and longer with more franchises added until it becomes crickets version of the EPL imo. Smaller countries who are not profitable to play against will simply miss out.

Sorry was an exaggeration. But there are back to back T20s world cups in the next two years. Next step will be the IPL getting longer and longer with more franchises added until it becomes crickets version of the EPL imo. Smaller countries who are not profitable to play against will simply miss out.
Anymore than one every 4 years is too much. If there is a men’s one this year there should be a women’s one in 23 then the next men’s one in 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back