Afghanistan v Zimbabwe in UAE (2 Tests and 3 T20)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bangladesh lost to this Afghanistan team, and they have been playing Test cricket for over 20 years now. I am sure if Bangladesh visits Ireland for a one off test, they will lose that to them too. Just when Bangladesh show signs of any improvement, they go back to being sh#t again, thats been their story so far.

Last edited:

Bangladesh lost to this Afghanistan team, and they have been playing Test cricket for over 20 years now. I am sure if Bangladesh visits Ireland for a one off test, they will lose that too.

Puts recent west indies series into perspective

Did Trevor Berbick f*** a female relative of yours or something?

You have really taken this hard haven’t you.

What puts their win in perspective is that the only other team to win a series in Bangladesh In the past 8 years is Pakistan
Sri Lanka won there too, I think.

Yup, just checked Sri Lanka won a 2 test series in Bangladesh 1-0 in 2018. Afghanistan also won a one off test ofcourse in Bangladesh in 2019.

And Zimbabwe drew 1-1 in Bangladesh in 2018.

Yes I know they lost a one-off test - I thought the Sri Lanka series was drawn my apologies.
They also drew a one off test with India, drew series with South Africa, England and Australia

Yes I know they lost a one-off test - I thought the Sri Lanka series was drawn my apologies.
They also drew a one off test with India, drew series with South Africa, England and Australia
Its OK Bro.

I was just trying to point out that Bangladesh have been utterly sh#t and whenever they show any signs of improvement, they go back to being sh#t again. Just look at their Overall Test record.

Bangladesh's Overall Test record since gaining Test status in 2000.

Matches Played 121
Matches Won 14
Matches Lost 91
Matches Drawn 16

W/L ratio = 0.15

And even in their 14 Test wins, 7 have been against Mughabe's Zimbabwe. I mean Zimbabwe in the 90's were pretty decent, but Bangladesh never played them and have half of their Test wins are against Mughabe's Zim.

And ofcourse not to mention that their 2 other Test wins came in the Caribbean against Floyd Reifer's fourth string West Indies in 2009. And that series is Bangladesh's only overseas series win in their Test history. They haven't even won a series in Zimbabwe.

Just sums up how poor they have been until now.

Bannerman's record was in danger for a while there.

According to the commentary, they left grass on the pitch to help prepare Afghan for their Test in Australia later this year. I don't think we'll see that in the next Test.

Bannerman's record was in danger for a while there.

According to the commentary, they left grass on the pitch to help prepare Afghan for their Test in Australia later this year. I don't think we'll see that in the next Test.
OZ are inviting Afghanistan for a Test, but they haven't hosted Bangladesh since 2003. Tells you alot about where Bangladesh stands. I think OZ should invite lower ranked teams more often too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its OK Bro.

I was just trying to point out that Bangladesh have been utterly sh#t and whenever they show any signs of improvement, they go back to being sh#t again. Just look at their Overall Test record.

Bangladesh's Overall Test record since gaining Test status in 2000.

Matches Played 121
Matches Won 14
Matches Lost 91
Matches Drawn 16

W/L ratio = 0.15

And even in their 14 Test wins, 7 have been against Mughabe's Zimbabwe. I mean Zimbabwe in the 90's were pretty decent, but Bangladesh never played them and have half of their Test wins are against Mughabe's Zim.

And ofcourse not to mention that their 2 other Test wins came in the Caribbean against Floyd Reifer's fourth string West Indies in 2009. And that series is Bangladesh's only overseas series win in their Test history. They haven't even won a series in Zimbabwe.

Just sums up how poor they have been until now.

India had won 12 Tests at the same stage
New Zealand 7
It’s not like there’s no precedent

India had won 12 Tests at the same stage
New Zealand 7
It’s not like there’s no precedent
Actually India won 16 out of their first 121 Test matches and their W/L ratio of 0.32 was also much better.

Sri Lanka who entered Test cricket in 1982, had won 29 tests in their first 121 Test matches with a much much better W/L ratio of 0.617

So its really only Bangladesh who have struggled this much.

Actually India won 16 out of their first 121 Test matches and their W/L ratio of 0.32 was also much better.

Sri Lanka who entered Test cricket in 1982, had won 29 tests in their first 121 Test matches with a much much better W/L ratio of 0.617

So its really only Bangladesh who have struggled this much.
Also add to this the fact that India and Sri Lanka didn't have the luxury of playing Mughabe's Zimbabwe in their early years of Test cricket, then Bangladesh's record looks even more horrible.

Anymore than one every 4 years is too much. If there is a men’s one this year there should be a women’s one in 23 then the next men’s one in 25
Men's one was supposed to be in Aus in 2020 but has been pushed to 2021. Not sure why the next one was 2022, though. Surely they're not playing them every two years. You would think the 4 year rotation works perfectly. Mens 50 overs, Womens 50 overs, Mens T20, Womens T20 - there's your 1 tournament a year.

OZ are inviting Afghanistan for a Test, but they haven't hosted Bangladesh since 2003. Tells you alot about where Bangladesh stands. I think OZ should invite lower ranked teams more often too.

i'd wait until that test actually happens. CA's track record is to pull out of any series they don't think is a huge money-spinner. We haven't played zim/bangas at home since 2003.

i'd wait until that test actually happens. CA's track record is to pull out of any series they don't think is a huge money-spinner. We haven't played zim/bangas at home since 2003.
Yeah it’s pathetic from us. Look at Smith more than half his tests have been against England and India

Yeah it’s pathetic from us. Look at Smith more than half his tests have been against England and India
Doesn't help that every time we play a nation that isn't England or India the fans and even commentators say the performances don't count and the opposition isn't good enough to be touring Australia.

Doesn't help that every time we play a nation that isn't England or India the fans and even commentators say the performances don't count and the opposition isn't good enough to be touring Australia.

yup the commentators definitely drive the negativity.

We have decent teams like Pakistan tour here and the entire time the commentators are whining about how bad Pakistan is because we are toweling them up.

Even when Pakistan had Akram/Younis they got beaten generally pretty easily, but they were still good series to watch. Test Cricket isn't only good if its super close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back