Portfolio AFL 1995: Clash/Secondary Guernseys

This looks similar to my upcoming Wisconsin Wild design I'm working on for CANAM. Either our great minds think alike, or you're looking through at my computer room window :think: Seriously though, very nice stuff here. Makes me wanna have a go at something like this in the future.

First one I haven't liked. Great portfolio so far.
Baz pls :(
:)

mfcrox

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Excerpt 8 - Fremantle Dockers
Loving all of these!

The Fremantle one is very close to a training guernsey they were running around in at the time, so it would have been a very realistic option as a clash guernsey:
20190526_220021.jpg

Saw this pop up on my FB feed - anyone seen it before?

View attachment 681412

Strange one, looks like someone’s commissioned Lyon Sportswear to make a replica wooly (they’re the ones that make the Fibre of Football jumpers)

Unless Mero has a better idea I’d assume it’s a remake of a local footy jumper.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Loving all of these!

The Fremantle one is very close to a training guernsey they were running around in at the time, so it would have been a very realistic option as a clash guernsey:
View attachment 681258
I've never seen this photo before! The half-light here is nailed, very Freo. The old grandstand and Souths clubrooms too. Cool photo.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Strange one, looks like someone’s commissioned Lyon Sportswear to make a replica wooly (they’re the ones that make the Fibre of Football jumpers)

Unless Mero has a better idea I’d assume it’s a remake of a local footy jumper.
I'd say it's someone who has sent an email to an off-shore manufacturer of a jumper (not Lyon Sportswear), and described the colours, but not the order.
It is my understanding that the acrylic used, and the knit it was made from are available from places such as China and Pakistan on alibaba.com
They probably sent them a B&W pic of Kevin Murray or similar and asked them to make it.
But I'm guessing, it could also be an old Banyule design, who wore Maroon Yoke on a Blue jumper.

I'd say it's someone who has sent an email to an off-shore manufacturer of a jumper (not Lyon Sportswear), and described the colours, but not the order.
It is my understanding that the acrylic used, and the knit it was made from are available from places such as China and Pakistan on alibaba.com
They probably sent them a B&W pic of Kevin Murray or similar and asked them to make it.
But I'm guessing, it could also be an old Banyule design, who wore Maroon Yoke on a Blue jumper.

My only reasoning of it being locally made is the Fibre of Football tag on the inside of the jumper - but I guess with the right images it'd be easy to recreate.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
My only reasoning of it being locally made is the Fibre of Football tag on the inside of the jumper - but I guess with the right images it'd be easy to recreate.
I guess that's one reason why I disregarded it.
Hugh Lyon would have known what Fitzroy looked like.
Playcorp is the actual licence holder, they got Lyon to make them, but I believe Lyon have gone out of business.
Playcorp is owned by Solomon Lew's family. They're still in business.

Maybe it's a second, you never know these days.

I guess that's one reason why I disregarded it.
Hugh Lyon would have known what Fitzroy looked like.
Playcorp is the actual licence holder, they got Lyon to make them, but I believe Lyon have gone out of business.
Playcorp is owned by Solomon Lew's family. They're still in business.

Maybe it's a second, you never know these days.

That's a shame about Lyon.

cannavo might need more info on this post, be curious to see if there's an Alibaba factory that could make woolen jumpers...

Back