Game Day AFL 1st Elimination Final: West Coast Eagles vs Collingwood @ Optus 6.10 pm AWST Saturday 3rd of October 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this game will play out like our game against Geelong did. Pies will get out to a semi decent lead mid game however we'll reel them in and win by a couple goals in the last quarter. We'll all be melting from bounce down until ten minutes into the last. Eagles by 14.
R U OK?

Re-watched our last game against Pies at Optus - had forgotten how much we pantsed them. That won't be happening again, they had some quality outs and we had a party! Yeo was good amongst others.
Need to tag Pendles and shut down Goey.
They'll be on a redemption mission - to knock us out of further finals would be the perfect payback for them.
Am expecting a close game...no injuries please?
Anyone reckon they'll blow us away with a masterplan? A run+gun, intense pressure number?

F*** me.........we're doomed!!!

I've got 2 tkts for sale .... don't think I'll bother going now.
Come on mate nothing I wrote is 'world is falling' stuff. It's just the way a few of our games have been this year and we're up against a team who had pride enough not to roll over, finals between our teams have never been blowouts, they will come at us harder than any team has this season so far and it will be a hard fought game. We'll win but it wont be a walk in the park.

Re-watched our last game against Pies at Optus - had forgotten how much we pantsed them. That won't be happening again, they had some quality outs and we had a party! Yeo was good amongst others.
Need to tag Pendles and shut down Goey.
They'll be on a redemption mission - to knock us out of further finals would be the perfect payback for them.
Am expecting a close game...no injuries please?
Anyone reckon they'll blow us away with a masterplan? A run+gun, intense pressure number?
Nah, they try to play like us but can't pull it off. Buckley is also like Simmo and won't change his tactics.

I expect them to score the first 3 or 4 and look threatening, until we overrun them in the third.

Nah, they try to play like us but can't pull it off. Buckley is also like Simmo and won't change his tactics.

I expect them to score the first 3 or 4 and look threatening, until we overrun them in the third.
We played crazy good when we returned to Optus, here's hoping we do it again, all the right cattle back, no reason to think we can't?
Here's a bit of mojo-juju ....

Last edited:
Hahah, you do realise who their coach is right?
I like Bucks but a masterplanner he aint.
We will fire up in front of a home crowd and give them a 2nd pantsing.

Dunno, i'll ask you look back to the round 17 Friday night game vs the pies last year.

Everyone talks about the Hawks round 23 game which cost us top 4 and a proper shot at the flag, but i'd argue this game was as much of a crucial miss.

1601517370883.png

1601517411315.png

Completely stopped dead after half time and couldn't buy a goal despite looking comfortable throughout the night.

Last goal we scored was 10 mins into the 3rd quarter and it made for some pretty grim viewing watching us try to hold on.

Cox and Mihospud made Barrass and Fatboy look silly and completely schooled them with borderline illegal blocking off the ball.

Mihospud played the game of his life with 4 goals, from 19 disposals and 10 marks :shrug:

Spuddy Mason piped in with 3 goals from 13 disposals and 6 marks 🤦‍♂️

Ridiculous. Game still annoys me 15 months later.

Naitanui was on top of Grundy as well before disappearing and playing 57% gametime. Something which raised eyebrows afterwards as Grundy got BOG.

Kennedy went goalless and took 1 mark from 5 disposals, despite Moore going off injured early.

Dunno, i'll ask you look back to the round 17 Friday night game vs the pies last year.

Everyone talks about the Hawks round 23 game which cost us top 4 and a proper shot at the flag, but i'd argue this game was as much of a crucial miss.

View attachment 974579

View attachment 974581

Completely stopped dead after half time and couldn't buy a goal despite looking comfortable throughout the night.

Last goal we scored was 10 mins into the 3rd quarter and it made for some pretty grim viewing watching us try to hold on.

Cox and Mihospud made Barrass and Fatboy look silly and completely schooled them with borderline illegal blocking off the ball.

Mihospud played the game of his life with 4 goals, from 19 disposals and 10 marks :shrug:

Naitanui was on top of Grundy as well before disappearing and playing 57% gametime. Something which raised eyebrows afterwards as Grundy got BOG.

Kennedy went goalless and took 1 mark from 5 disposals, despite Moore going off injured early.
Yup, I do like a bit of reality, a balanced view going into games, especially knockout finals!
If we pants them-great, but am certainly not going in with that expectation!
We 'should' be the better team with maybe a 3 goal home ground advantage and crowd favourites, but as we all 'should' know, anything can happen in knockout finals, such is the desperation usually by both teams - just look at that Hawks game, the Pies game, the Cats game, the Tigers game...you know the ones.

Last edited:

View attachment 974579

View attachment 974581

Only game I've ever had the privilege of watching in Perth.
Typical. Majority of games I see in Melb we lose. I travel to Perth, and we also lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 974579

View attachment 974581

Yeah i maintain that was us just doing our normal 2019 crap and going to sleep after thinking we had it. In fact I recall doing the same against the Saints in 2018, up by about 8 goals in the last game before the bye and we put the cue in the rack. We were lucky to get out of that game with a win. Once you stop playing, it is very hard to get going again.
I don't think either of those games were due to being out-maneuvered by a canny coach.

Last edited:
Kelly will definitely get tagged.Lets hope he goes to the coalface and takes his tagger in.He will still get a lot of footy but; along with Sheed; a lot of his possessions will be scrubby kicks.Our forwards need to be 25-40 metres from congestion not 50-60.OA,Jk,JD and Ryan are all VERY capable at ground level so lets hope some of them decide to stay on the ground and try their hand at crumbing instead of the usual 4-5 all competing with each other for a screamer.

No commentary for finals, but check out this week's podcast with myself, Miguel Sanchez and AsterixTheGaul ripping into the Pies.

No commentary for finals, but check out this week's podcast with myself, Miguel Sanchez and AsterixTheGaul ripping into the Pies.

Do guys plan on having commentary for home games when things go back to norm?

Do guys plan on having commentary for home games when things go back to norm?
Not too sure - I certainly couldn't as I'd be at the games, though maybe my absence would improve the product.

If next season is back to normal, I'd expect a couple of away games to get the commentary treatment depending on which ones are the big draws.

Not too sure - I certainly couldn't as I'd be at the games, though maybe my absence would improve the product.

If next season is back to normal, I'd expect a couple of away games to get the commentary treatment depending on which ones are the big draws.

But if you did live commentary @ Optus, you'd be very popular with the people around you.
As well as the live stream being full of expletives & BOOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back