Game Day AFL 1st Elimination Final: West Coast Eagles vs Collingwood @ Optus 6.10 pm AWST Saturday 3rd of October 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We haven't been anywhere near good enough the last 2 years. Making up the final numbers.

Umpires were obviously disgraceful, but they took their chances and we butchered ours. Kennedy missed 3 he should have nailed and many others missed similar gettable shots, whilst Collingwood pulled goals out of their ass.

If you don't take your chances, you lose. Simple.

We aren't good enough.

Surely no more ahchee, ainsworth or petracelle.... duggan has to now move into the midfield permanently.. we need another couple of quick ball finding midfielders.. we have the same paced midfielders with no line breaking ability..

And why when the season is on the line take natanui off... all of a sudden grundy gets two marks in a row and they score from the defensive ball up... horrible ....

Least the family boys can stay home now and sook next year when they have to hub again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We got arseraped by the umps tonight although we got some lucky ones. Simmo got outcoached tonight and their players worked harder for longer. Blind Freddy could see that Petreculle is a dud yet he still gets selected. This group doesn't have what it takes to climb the mountain again, think other clubs will start to pass us by now. Sums up the ******* s**t year that is 2020 really to ******* lose to Collingwood by a point in a final. Going to sting a long time that one.

3 of the 4 losers this round had more scoring shots. Kinda the story of the year. Umps were horrible but we had our chances (plus pies had a number of dodgy calls against them too)

That being said, that block call against Shuey has got to be one of the most ludicrous I've ever seen.

I know we've got injuries but Ainsworth's continual selection is mind boggling. Petch and Ah Chee equally as useless (Ah Chee not even managing a point practically running into an open goal pretty much cost us the match, bloody slow as s**t to get boot to ball)

so cruel to have bad umpiring decide the game....
* off campaigner. Enjoy losing next week and getting a lower draft pick. Also enjoy 2018 grand final video on youtube. I can send you the link if you want?

Stop winging about the umpiring, yeah it wasn't great but thats not why we lost.

We just were not good enough tonight, you take underdone players into a final and it rarely comes off.

We lost ........ we had our chances and came up short.

Collingwood had a more daring game plan and backed themselves.

Bit of a wake up call for the coaches, they were out coached tonight and recruiters please take note a couple of Trelore / Adams, would be nice.

Well done to the Pies who wanted it just a bit more than us.

Bit of a waste of a season.......... echoes of 2019.

Will be a long and hopefully reflective off season.

Obviously, it's a painful loss, we could chalk it up to whatever we want but at the end of the day, a loss is a loss. Ironically it feels just about right for 2020. That being said, this season is finally over, time to lock and load for a post-covid (Please for the love of all that is holy) 2021 tilt.

so cruel to have bad umpiring decide the game....
Good to know we're still in your heads after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, s**t.
My Dockers-supporting old man told me a good story about the 2018 grand final. He was at a function, and after the game a couple of pissed 18yo Pies fans were getting aggro. He reckons an older Pies fan took him aside and said "Sorry about them. They just haven't seen as much footy as us."
I love that. Sport is a cruel mistress, and you can either harden tfu and deal with it, or start hanging out at art galleries or something.

Shuey was pretty ineffectual. He will be upset with his performance.

Our clearance work is sub-standard at stoppages. Let's hope it was a van berlo issue and not a personnel issue.

Gee. We have a huge amount of improvement to make to be a serious threat. Way too inconsistent.

Gutted for Gaffy. He was busting his balls trying to get us home in the 4th.

Deflated.

few players under done (Redden Shuey), no yeo and carrying ah chee petro and ainsworth was a bad combination.

fair play to collingwood played well and never gave up.

Bummer.

You get what you work for and pies out worked us.

Bummer.

Not sure we need to burn down the club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shuey was pretty ineffectual. He will be upset with his performance.

Our clearance work is sub-standard at stoppages. Let's hope it was a van berlo issue and not a personnel issue.

Gee. We have a huge amount of improvement to make to be a serious threat. Way too inconsistent.

Gutted for Gaffy. He was busting his balls trying to get us home in the 4th.

Deflated.
I was surprised looking at the stats too see Shuey actually had more than Kelly in the end and 6 clearances (2md most on the ground). But yeah, pretty poor effort by most of the mids. NicNat was our best mid by a mile. It's great that he can do that but you don't really want him to be the one carrying the load.

Please donate your tears generously

To your Club that has a history of taking AFL donations with open hands.

Here is our donation to you :sydney: in all shades of correctness.

images-5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back