Who will win?

• Giants

Votes: 55 52.9%
  • Dogs

Votes: 49 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd truly have to have a heart of stone not to be stoked for us tonight, after all the years of heartache. Look in the mirror at your own life if your sour about us now. This is the happiest sporting moment in my 45 years.

Couldn't be happier for you guys
It's be a long long time between drinks
And what a cracking game tonight was
Bring that next week and I think you might just win it
I'll be cheering for you guys
It's long overdue

I don't think so. They were a kick away from a Grand Final in their first ever finals campaign. That is still pretty scary.
True. I don't think they are going to do anything but get better but posters on here were seriously saying the Giants had sown up the next 5-8 flags. It was ridiculous.

One of the great preliminary finals I've watched. Edge of your seat stuff all game and just when GWS looked like they'd bury them the Bulldogs kept roaring back.

Not sure about the BOG call from Channel 7 but Clay Smith is a ripper. There's a whole lot of football smarts going on between him and Caleb Daniel

Had this Doggies outfit been put together 3 years sooner I reckon they could've won 3 consecutive flags, they're that good. In fact I'm pretty sure that their best is better than anything the Hawthorn has produced in that period. I realise that I'm making that assertion without the Doggies having won a flag yet but they should win it next Saturday arvo anyway. The Doggies remind me so much of the Cats between 2007 -2011, their brand of football is simply breath-taking and so it GWS's for that matter, they play footy how it should be played. It will be a rivalry that will without a doubt deliver plenty of thrillers in the next few years.
Well I guess we'll never know until they win 3 on the trott will we.?? But I do hope they win this one then I think they'll be on par with the Cats..

Had this Doggies outfit been put together 3 years sooner I reckon they could've won 3 consecutive flags, they're that good. In fact I'm pretty sure that their best is better than anything the Hawthorn has produced in that period. I realise that I'm making that assertion without the Doggies having won a flag yet but they should win it next Saturday arvo anyway. The Doggies remind me so much of the Cats between 2007 -2011, their brand of football is simply breath-taking and so it GWS's for that matter, they play footy how it should be played. It will be a rivalry that will without a doubt deliver plenty of thrillers in the next few years.
'I realise I am making this assertion without the Bulldogs having won a flag yet'

'In fact I am pretty sure their best is better than anything Hawthorn has produced'

Big Footy at its finest..... open the floodgates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I guess we'll never know until they win 3 on the trott will we.?? But I do hope they win this one then I think they'll be on par with the Cats..

The difference is that the Doggies will have to do it against a genuine behemoth of a team in GWS and not against above average Grand Finalists that Freo, West Coast were and even Sydney's current team (aided by academy gems) is clearly superior to the 2012 Premiership version let alone the one that lost in 2014.

Last edited:
'I realise I am making this assertion without the Bulldogs having won a flag yet'

'In fact I am pretty sure their best is better than anything Hawthorn has produced'

Big Footy at its finest..... open the floodgates

The last couple of years the comp has been diluted because of the compromised drafts. Now that we're coming out of that phase, we've return to a stable league that's producing several quality flag contenders.

Eat s**t to the five GWS fans on here.

You idiot

16%2B-%2B1

That's like the school bully finally getting humbled so as a last resort he picks on the special needs kid.

The difference that the Doggies will have to do it against a genuine behemoth of a team in GWS and not against above average Grand Finalists that Freo, West Coast were and even Sydney's current team (aided by academy gems) is clearly superior to the 2012 Premiership version let alone the one that lost in 2014.
Ooh didn't see that one coming.. You guys are hilarious but so predictable. So much fun throwing the line out for Snoozy Hollow supporters.. Hope you've got over your humiliating pantsing from last night..

I fear Bulldogs celebrated abit too hard.. some of those scenes in the change rooms after the game were reminiscent of premiership victories, Assistant Coaches interrupting post match interviews with players to yell at the camera... Swans will still be seething from 2014, and truth being told had a light training run last night as opposed to the hard slog Bulldogs had to endure.

My only concern for the GF is that it is not like 1980 all over again. Eerily similar up to this point.
Pies finished fifth on the ladder and in effect won three elimination finals to make the GF - including the reigning premiers (Carlton) in the Semi, and beat Geelong by 6 points in the prelim. Pies had already played their Grand Final in the Prelim and were blown away by the Tigers.
Swans are fast starters and can put sides away early, just like they did to the Cats.

Fingers crossed that the Doggies get up...

Last edited:
Back