AFL 2017 First Elimination Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles 19:20 ACST Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate but I never ever want to watch our sport where head high contact like that is not penalised. Its a weak tackle and was easily raised high.
I know what the rule says but still reckon 9 times out of 10 that one would be paid.
It's a deliberate ploy to earn a free kick.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Incorrect. Sydney were equal top when we beat them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

No they weren't. At the start of the year, sides are in alphabetical order on the table.

Irrelevant - no-one else did you beat at the time you played them. You did well to finish 7th for the season. Need significant changes for 2018.

Handyandy

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2005
Jinhua, Zhejiang, China
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
This is a club that said they had moved past Adelaide (hilarious bullshit if ever you have heard it) - their crowds have been declining since 2014.

Disgraceful attendance on a perfect night and being a Saturday night and all as well.

I'm still on the floor laughing - brilliant stuff.

Couldn't script it better than a Hitchcock thriller.

Still didn't beat a side in the top 8 at the time they played them.
Schadenfraude.
Crows losers like you actually have a mental illness, I am sure you are at home rolling around in your own faeces masturbating, you are so excited

Last edited:

Handyandy

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2005
Jinhua, Zhejiang, China
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
No they weren't. At the start of the year, sides are in alphabetical order on the table.

Irrelevant - no-one else did you beat at the time you played them. You did well to finish 7th for the season. Need significant changes for 2018.
Who gives a s**t, if you need to hang your hat on that sort of thing then you truly are a pathetic little person with a very sad life

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shadenfraude.
Crows losers like you actually have a mental illness, I am sure you are at home rolling around in your faeces masturbating you are so excited
Its alright, let them get ahead of themselves, fling s**t everywhere, then choke in another home prelim.

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Poor, lazy argument just citing the club I barrack for.
As a kid the lesson was to get low and tackle the hips. Even around the elbows you apply much more torque on the shoulder joint and hence its a lot less risky.
Just tackle properly.

It is very hard to tackle properly when the tackled player massively drops their centre of gravity just as the tackler arrives. A lot of these tackles have targeted the hips, but have a look at how the Selwoods (and their many apprentices) look like they are sitting on an invisible toilet just as they are being tackled. Their trick is a two parter. Firstly do the 'sit on the toilet'. This drops the hips well below the tackler's original aim, and the tackle hits further up the body (but usually still legal at this point), which then makes it much easier to raise the arm and slip the tackler's arms up to your neck.

The umpires are not giving free kicks that are not there under a strict interpretation of the rules (and this is not really ducking which has been attempted to be addressed, and I think calling this 'duckwood' is inaccurate, but it rolls of the tongue better than 'sit-on-toilet-then-raise-arm-wood'). Most people want this type of free eliminated , and don't feel that the 'tackled player needs more leeway', in fact the footy world is howling for a lot less leeway because the majority appears to want to see not only this rubbed out, but a much stricter interpretation of holding ball, that is less lenient on the tackled player, and rewards the tackler more often. I raise the club your barrack for, because I feel the reason you are in the minority is because you sport not just one, but two Selwoods who are the patient zeros and acknowledged masters of the 'sit-on-toilet-then-raise-arm' free kick drawing method.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Big preseason for Dixon coming up. Those misses could destroy his confidence and ruin his career. Or it could spurn him on to becoming one of the premier KPFs in the league. Hope for his sake this is a turning point for his career.

Classy by Hinkley to not throw Dixon under a bus - Kennedy no showed but they finish with 3 goals a piece.

I disagree with you on this.

Kennedy was well held but stepped up in the big moments.

You don't win that game if he doesn't kick that goals with 7 seconds left in the first et period.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Schadenfraude.
Crows losers like you actually have a mental illness, I am sure you are at home rolling around in your faeces masturbating you are so excited

Mate, typical classy response I would expect from a Tealster.

I'm more classy than the majority of your fans but given you live in China, what would you know how things are in Adelaide and the pro-Port bias of the paper media. The Power can do no wrong according to them and yet on a perfect Saturday night all the Power and its supporters can scrape together is a crowd of 41k for a home final (and there tickets were being sold for as low as $20-). Nothing more needs to be said.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
It is very hard to tackle properly when the tackled player massively drops their centre of gravity just as the tackler arrives. A lot of these tackles have targeted the hips, but have a look at how the Selwoods (and their many apprentices) look like they are sitting on an invisible toilet just as they are being tackled. Their trick is a two parter. Firstly do the 'sit on the toilet'. This drops the hips well below the tackler's original aim, and the tackle hits further up the body (but usually still legal at this point), which then makes it much easier to raise the arm and slip the tackler's arms up to your neck.

The umpires are not giving free kicks that are not there under a strict interpretation of the rules (and this is not really ducking which has been attempted to be addressed, and I think calling this 'duckwood' is inaccurate, but it rolls of the tongue better than 'sit-on-toilet-then-raise-arm-wood'). Most people want this type of free eliminated , and don't feel that the 'tackled player needs more leeway', in fact the footy world is howling for a lot less leeway because the majority appears to want to see not only this rubbed out, but a much stricter interpretation of holding ball, that is less lenient on the tackled player, and rewards the tackler more often. I raise the club your barrack for, because I feel the reason you are in the minority is because you sport not just one, but two Selwoods who are the patient zeros and acknowledged masters of the 'sit-on-toilet-then-raise-arm' free kick drawing method.

No doubt the are times it is hard to tackle, but I believe there is no god given right to an easy tackle every time.

If you really do go for the hips you won't get them high, but I'll concede the tackle is likely to be less effective.

I agree on the stricter holding the ball being necessary, but it should be coupled with being stricter on correct tackles and also holding the man. Unfortunately there is a "fewer frees makes for a better game" mantra these days that I just think is wrong.

It all depends on a bit of opinion in the end I guess. I just think the game has taken a bit of a downward turn as a spectacle since Paul Roos introduced manic tackling on an unprecedented scale.

What a fraud of a side Port have been. Their draw determined their finishing position. Had they had a draw with a modicum of difficulty they would not have made the 8. Finishing the H&A in 5th and going the entire season and part of last season without beating a top 8 side - embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back