AFL 2017 First Qualifying Final, Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney, 19:20 ACST : Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Never understood why people have to post "I've just turned it off!". What are they expecting? That someone would care? That someone would say, "dude, no, don't do it, please, come back and keep watching with the rest of us!"?

It's about as pointless as someone posting "I've just closed the fridge door!" Or, "I've just let the cat out!"
Beluve me my cat wouldn't have anyw
Didn't feel like a final. Well done to Adelaide on a superb performance, GWS lacking heart and fight... Can't see that style getting them very far.
Further thabmn most clubs. Woukd you say a team that couldn't make finals lacked heart and fight? Cos I would.

Beluve me my cat wouldn't have anyw

Further thabmn most clubs. Woukd you say a team that couldn't make finals lacked heart and fight? Cos I would.

Don't drink and bigfooty... It's embarassing.
Seriously, pack it in and come back tomorrow.

They have to hit the wall at some point surely. I reckon in hindsight losing to us may have been better for them than beating us. They still would of finished in the same position..

I liken it to when a team gets down by say 10 goals in a match, and they get it together and start playing all over the other team, get scores back to level and end up getting done by a couple of goals.

In other words The effort needed to come back from where they were takes a toll. At some point they will still pay the price for their poor start to the year.

And ending up finishing 6th (unlucky as it was that they finished so low) has to be a bit of a let down and added pressure all over again considering they were looking at top 4 going into the final round and things just didn't fall their way. Now it's still do or die for them like it has been for 16 weeks.

I think Essendon could go up there and do a number on them. And do us all a favour and take them out.
Maybe, but I think the week off will help a lot.
In previous seasons late charges like what Sydney have done ( though none nearly as spectacular) have usually resulted in the team running out of petrol come finals, but with the added rest I just don't know.

Give the Bulldogs all the criticism and snarky comments you want for missing finals. The reality is that GWS has achieved nothing in its existence. How can you expect a franchise that's solely created for revenue purposes to ever field a team where the players play for pride and the jumper? It will NEVER happen.

Loved our old boy Matt De Boer being one of the only Giants players to REALLY show up and treat it like a finals game for them. Bonus he hit the scoreboard during that short lived revival they had. This should assure his selection from here however deep GWS go :thumbsu:

Crows are only THAT scary at AO. So I think calls they are now the favourite are premature.

Loved our old boy Matt De Boer being one of the only Giants players to REALLY show up and treat it like a finals game for them. Bonus he hit the scoreboard during that short lived revival they had. This should assure his selection from here however deep GWS go :thumbsu:

Crows are only THAT scary at AO. So I think calls they are now the favourite are premature.
I agree De Boer stays. He's always seemed to settle into our structures well and his will and his commitment are impressive. Might just be hard experience but I'd be disappointed if he isn't in our best team now.
I was there and dont think the oval had much to do with it though. They are a very good team.

Crows are favourites and have been for weeks.

I don't like the favourites tag but they have it.

The bookies, ladder and squiggle all agree Adelaide are no. 1.

Whether they win it or not is different but that's the way it is.

Crows are favourites and have been for weeks.

I don't like the favourites tag but they have it.

The bookies, ladder and squiggle all agree Adelaide are no. 1.

Whether they win it or not is different but that's the way it is.
Very good team, played very well last night and are setting up to give yourselves the best chance. I expect crows to win prelim in Adelaide.

GWS have a lot in common with Federer. Hyped up to the wazoo, but crash out in spectacukar style.

That is disgustingly disrespectful to a legend. Federer has proven himself many times over.
The man himself has said that he should have been played out of the game by now. He is more akin to Hawthorne than GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're playing finals, it's great, thanks for asking

I didn't actually ask whether you were playing finals, every man and his dog realise GWS are, well apart from the players who forgot to turn up

My question was did Coach Cameron recently get a contract extension ?

I didn't actually ask whether you were playing finals, every man and his dog realise GWS are, well apart from the players who forgot to turn up

My question was did Coach Cameron recently get a contract extension ?
I naturally assumed you'd overlooked it and need to know.

Is it just me or or gws only rated highly due to the fact they have had so many first round draft picks. There form is average and they r so poor at tackling. Last night they won the tackle count but u couldn't tell

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

for such a talented forward line they struggle to kick goals. their only beltings were the suns and lions this year.

Lobb is massive underperformer. 2017 averages:

goals 0.9
marks 4.3
hitouts 8.4

how does he get a game?

Is it just me or or gws only rated highly due to the fact they have had so many first round draft picks. There form is average and they r so poor at tackling. Last night they won the tackle count but u couldn't tell

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There was a time when they were looking good. I remember thinking how unstoppable they looked in round 6 last season when they belted my Hawks at Spotless by 75 points. However, since then, they don't appear to have kicked on, as a matter of fact I haven't been all that impressed by them all this season. As for first round draft picks, they can be useful, but they're not the full story. A premiership team needs much more than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back