Preview AFL 2017 - Prelim - Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval, Fri 22/9, 7.20pm ACST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anything can happen in a PF.

Hope Danger and Jenkins keep playing it up (date I said, 'ham'-ing it up) in the media, bit of banter helps the time pass until Friday.

It could really go either way, and by some margin, too. Such has been a whole season of strange results, who really knows?

I'd have to give my boys a less than 50 percent chance if I'm going to be honest. However, I do feel a lot more confident than I felt going into the Sydney match.

Adelaide Oval should hold few fears for Geelong, even though the last trip resulted in a loss.

If Geelong win, it will kind of feel like we're the bad guys. We've had our time yet poached a star from our opposition, who has since shown questionable grace towards his former home, at one of its club's lowest points.

With Danger's "banter" upsetting a few locals who've found his comments insulting, as well as the general public not exactly enamoured towards him, a loss for Geelong is a loss for Danger.

Whatever happens, this will be one of the most highly anticipated Prelim Finals in recent memory, as well as being one of biggest Aussie Rules games ever hosted in Adelaide.

My tip is Crows by under a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows in a close one, but the feeling.in this match will result in a huge brawl where crow players cop grand final suspensions.

What are your thoughts Wookie on both prelim games?

I think Crows and Tigers but with not a great deal of confidence on either game. I think Cats and Giants but good this weekend but Swans were horrible as worst game I've seen them ever play perhaps they had run out of gas and Eagles weren't too flash either.

Depends on how Adelaide approach this game. It can go any way. If Adelaide maintain their intensity they have a chance to finally make a Grand Final, but composure is the key and poor goal kicking combined with Danger-phobia will certainly not help Adelaide at all. Adelaide has dropped 5 preliminary finals, out of those 5 losses they only made the top 4 once the following season. As an Adelaide fan I feel uncomfortable going into the game as favorites and also knowing the fact we have never made the GF from 1st or 2nd position on the ladder.

As a Crows supporter I see a win to Adelaide by 4 goals + bring the intensity and discipline and it will be ok

As an observer the odds given for this match seem out of whack. Adelaide $1.53 and Geelong $2.80 , really? Geelong have had our measure for a while. And it was only the last game we broke some kind of hoodoo shackles. Maybe Scott has learnt more from the loss than the win. Its certainly not a game where 1 side is twice the favourite over another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back