Preview AFL 2017 - Prelim - Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval, Fri 22/9, 7.20pm ACST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why people can't express their opinions without engaging in childish arguements is beyond me, main board gameday threads are absolute cancer these days.
How many non-Geelong Gameday threads do you talk in? Could be something in that.

I'm having a great chat with GWS supporter Bokonon_ over our thread. Friendly discussion, bit of banter, just enjoying the lead up regardless of who wins.

Two solid hit outs last week at the gold coast and solid hard practise game on Sat, Sat was hard as a few players were playing for a spot in the team, Along with another solid Game simulation early in the week,
Crows had about 38 players fit to run and play
Not worried about the bye more worried about the mindset. But I believe Gold coast training plan was good for the mindset and the players up and about.
Interesting info- i had heard about the GC trip. An interesting approach to the bye to take- fly the whole team out as if its an away match. I quite like it.

Sloaney? Hullo?
They get 10!
And then 2 that are 50-50.

And then every 2nd week we have to jump on a plane, sleep in a hotel and play at a ground we might play 1 game on for the season.

You guys are so blinded by faux rage, that you cant see that you have one of, if not the best deal in footy.

I have. No they arent.
Are they advantaged? No.

Are Geelong ALWAYS advantaged when playing at SS, Yes.
No you hadn't answered it, but now you have. Thank you.
So for 6 + 5 -which = 11 games we can agree that the tigers ( and other mcg dwellers, even more so than the tigers ) are not disadvantaged.
Geelong, on the other hand, are not disadvantaged for - drum roll- 7 games.
And that will do me. I've got you sloaney.
Good luck on Friday.

possibly but we dont have poisioned fish in our water supply. nor did we ever try to dump a giant brown plastic poo on our main beach and call it a magic theme park.

no the whole town just has a stench, thats it.
That and absolutely nothing of note.

The giant dog poo is missed by everyone here. The backlash was horrific when they got rid of it.
But hey, I know you guys are a bit behind the rest of the world, but Magic Mountain hasnt been around for over 12 years.

I hear Geelong cinemas have just picked up a VHS of Titanic, the locals are pumped.

Been sitting back having a bit of a Laugh about this.
You actually complain about playing Away at the MCG and Etihad Or have I read this too fast.
I laugh I mean really laugh because Geelong has one of the best records for any team at the MCG and Etihad.
2017- 6 games MCG 4 wins 2 loses, Etihad 4 games 4 wins = 80% winning percentage,
You sound like you are asking for sympathy. because you only have an 80% wining record. You have only lost 3 game in Vic this year. 2 at the MCG and 1 at Symonds.
Yeah, you certainly got a bit bullish with your reading ability - we certainly have an awesome record at the G. And at Etihad, and at your home ground too. We have just recently appreciated one of the greatest teams to have ever played the game. Even so, our record at all those away grounds is nowhere near as good as our record at our home ground. So, you would definitely hear the wailing and gnashing of opposition supporters' teeth if we were rightfully allowed to play at our home ground instead of being forced onto away grounds.

The funniest part was when they said "if we had all our games at home we would've been top of the ladder and clear on %"

According to my sums that would require an 80point differential per game that was moved from MCG/Ethiad to SS
Lol, I wouldn't be asking you for homework help if you were my dad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No there is no advantage.

Geelong dont play any other teams that play at SS.
They get 7 fully advantaged home games.
No other Vic team gets that many for a start.
We understand that you're a country town and maybe this concept is a bit advanced, but that doesnt mean its wrong.
Maaaate, lol, the logic knots you must be tying yourself in to maintain this clearly incorrect and totally flawed argument - kudos.

Dangersloane's distilled argument:
- You don't travel interstate so you don't deserve home games like we do
- No other Victorian teams have their own home ground (because they chose to give it away), so you don't deserve home games like we do
- You are Geelong, you don't deserve home games like we do

Read them and weep - they are truly that bad. All of them clearly hold no water - what is good for one team should be applied to all teams in the comp. Hopefully next year, we will see a few Crows home games shifted to the G to fulfil contract commitments because Hawthorn and North have sold their games to Tassie. Lets see how you like financially propping up other clubs at your own expense. And then we will see how much you lovbe losing your fortress advantage at home to Richmond at the G.

But, but, but.... I can hear it already.

Maaaate, lol, the logic knots you must be tying yourself in to maintain this clearly incorrect and totally flawed argument - kudos.

WRONG never said that
- No other Victorian teams have their own home ground (because they chose to give it away), so you don't deserve home games like we do
WRONG those decisions were mostly not the clubs
WRONG you deserve as many home games as anyone else

Read them and weep - they are truly that bad. All of them clearly hold no water - what is good for one team should be applied to all teams in the comp. Hopefully next year, we will see a few Crows home games shifted to the G to fulfil contract commitments because Hawthorn and North have sold their games to Tassie. Lets see how you like financially propping up other clubs at your own expense. And then we will see how much you lovbe losing your fortress advantage at home to Richmond at the G.

Didn't say anything about what you deserve.
I just laugh at the whinging, given you've already got the best H+A deal around.
One cats fan even thought that you would've been 20% better had you had the extra games at KP.
Considering you lost ONE of those home games outside of KP, I wouldnt be complaining.

Put it this way 17 other teams would swap for your situation any day of the week.

Yeah, you certainly got a bit bullish with your reading ability - we certainly have an awesome record at the G. And at Etihad, and at your home ground too. We have just recently appreciated one of the greatest teams to have ever played the game. Even so, our record at all those away grounds is nowhere near as good as our record at our home ground. So, you would definitely hear the wailing and gnashing of opposition supporters' teeth if we were rightfully allowed to play at our home ground instead of being forced onto away grounds.

Build a bigger stadium then, until you do don't complain about losing a home game because of the chase for bums on seats.
Until then I will laugh at any supporter that says they are disadvantaged by having to play at the MCG or Etihad when they have a winning record.
Most interstate supporters don't give a fig, about you so call away game in Victoria. Because it not the Home games it the Plane travel, sleeping in a strange bed, doing a recovery session away from home. In affect interstate, teams lose 1 day in travel that one less day for recovery and prep for the next game.
And yet all we hear is the winge that you don't play on your own piece of grass,
By the way, you do realise you are one of the few teams that are allowed to train on the Home ground, Adelaide gets 1 session before any home game. How many times a week do Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn gets to train on the MCG, I would say as many time as Geelong.

Got any links to show this?
You have been hosting games in Melbourne for a long, long time you know?

Really looking forward to this game - hope it's a much better spectacle than the final series has been so far!

For the Crows, you'd think it's their flag to lose from here but no one could write off the other 3 sides. The cloud of the pre-finals bye looms large over the qualifying final winners this week. Will the curse continue?

Then there's Geelong who utterly disposed of the Swans last week. We know Geelong played well, but it's hard to know how well considering the Swans put in their worst performance for 20 years. The Cats have caused problems for the Crows in recent times so it's an enthralling match up. Sydney's defence was the best in the league and it couldn't handle Dangerfield forward, but I have the suspicion the Crows will have plans to counter that.

If I had to bet it'd be on Adelaide based on home ground advantage, but Geelong are in with a big chance. This is definitely the side of the draw that the flag should land on!

So i assume you have no link to the bold bit then?

So i would say it's a guess on your behalf, so if it's ok for you to guess, then i suppose it's ok for everyone else to take a shot at why you have been hosting games in Melbourne for a long, long time.

Got any links to show this?
You have been hosting games in Melbourne for a long, long time you know?

Not sure about the MCG but we had to play home games at etihad to get them the minimum required.

I particularly liked how this year North sold games to Tassy to make a few extra bucks. So to allow North to make more money the AFL forced Geelong to play their home game against North at North's home ground and lose heaps of money compared to playing it in Geelong. So yeah basically we had to pay for the privilege of giving North home ground advantage for our home game.

I'm confused.....

Usually in these threads you incredibly undersell your team......yeah we're crap, 4 games in a row.....gonna get rolled by a tough interstate team....yada yada.....

WTF is going on.......?

Both teams have good reason to be confident. Adelaide are playing very well and at home. Geelong are playing a team they match up well against and finally showed they can bring their best to finals. For one set of fans it'll be a mirage but there are reasons for both to be optimistic.

So i assume you have no link to the bold bit then?

So i would say it's a guess on your behalf, so if it's ok for you to guess, then i suppose it's ok for everyone else to take a shot at why you have been hosting games in Melbourne for a long, long time.
Lol, no it's not a guess. Is that what you are relying on, me knowing as much about the Cats as you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back