AFL 2017 - Prelim - Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval, Fri 22/9, 7.20pm ACST

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day, 14 other clubs haven't achieved what Geelong has this year. So best to keep that in mind when mouthing off.
Do they get a special cup for being bundled out in the Prelim?

No, but the posters full of TPS should just remind themselves of where they finished, including Hawthorn fans.
Yeah, good one mate. They didn't achieve anything more than 16 other sides will have from 2017.

If topping up to finish top 4, but never really be a threat to winning a flag is an achievement in your eyes then you're easily pleased.

Yeah, good one mate. They didn't achieve anything more than 16 other sides will have from 2017.

If topping up to finish top 4, but never really be a threat to winning a flag is an achievement in your eyes then you're easily pleased.
You're underestimating Adelaide. You've also been sucked into the PD hype that he can do anything anywhere.

You're underestimating Adelaide. You've also been sucked into the PD hype that he can do anything anywhere.
No, I'm talking about a side who don't have a thick enough spread of talent across their 22.

And I haven't been sucked into any hype around Dangerfield, believe me.

Last edited:
My logic and argument would have applied to any player.

Just hate seeing inconsistencies in application of the rules. The afl is the worst officiated league in the world

So I'm guessing you must've thought Ollie Wines should have got 3-4 weeks for his deliberate, late, head high hit against Collingwood this year. Thought not.

Get a grip, it was a footy collision, which Sloane also went flying backwards in.

Crows far too good but i'll be supporting Richmond if they get though. Adelaide culture of being total ****heads towards opposition fans needs to change.
Didn't Geelong supporters complain to the league about how rude the Richmond supporters were to them two weeks ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insipid by the Cats. 8 losses out of 11 points at a problem with players and coach. Good year, though, but we all know what they generally serve up in finals now.
Fair points.

At start of the year thought team was a 5th -8th sort of side. Next year see in same boat. Not sure where lies the improvement to take the big next step

Fair points.

At start of the year thought team was a 5th -8th sort of side. Next year see in same boat. Not sure where lies the improvement to take the big next step
A few more games at your home ground the MCG might help.

Fair points.

Was a good season and you guys finished higher than you'd probably expect.

To be honest, it's one of those seasons where there aren't too many stand out sides.

Maybe topping up with players from other sides isn't the way to go in 2018.

No, I'm talking about a side who don't have a thick enough spread of talent across their 22.

And I haven't been sucked into any hype around Dangerfield, believe me.
No, they don't, but I can tell you right now without PD they aren't making a PF two years in a row. And if you haven't been sucked in because you've got your Hawthorn blinkers then you probably should, he is an outright gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back