Preview AFL 2017 - Prelim - Richmond v GWS, MCG, Sat, 4.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're playing against the team the umps have been most against all year...It wont take much reminding. I dare say they'll dress it up as something reasonable like 'not letting the crowd influence decisions', but will push it hard enough that the umps know which way they're expected to adjudicate.
You're whining about the umps is so funny.

We are the team they have been 2nd most against all year.

That and your the AFLs new "fairytale" plus the home crowd bias.

If we get a free kick at all itll be a miracle.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
We might be the fairytale, you however are the AFL backed and funded love child who they are desperately wanting to succeed.

We might be the fairytale, you however are the AFL backed and funded love child who they are desperately wanting to succeed.
The love child that had the concessions removed early, academies removed in certain areas and has the 2nd lowest free kick differential.

If that is them helping they can * right off.

As a long tooth tiger fan over many decades, the tiger hype leaves me pretty cold. I was hyped the last game because we played pretty well and won a final at long last. I did celebrate and had to appease my neighbours next day who were complaining about the noise and sound of breaking furniture they heard. I did ramp up some Dino Jr later that night too from memory who it seems remain criminally unloved. As soon as the games is over though theres another game, another opp for disaster.

Tiges have been punished this year by teams with speed into our backline which opens up opportunities. If giants go less tallish and more fast then that spells trouble for us if we dont win cp and dont apply lots of indirect pressure, which is under rated on bf where everyone only seems to quote tackle stats. We still have to score lots of goals though. Itll be a good game and losing to giants would not have me suicidal. Id be hoping they can win the whole deal.

Have tiges won their flag already after beating cats? Possibly. The first 5 - 10 mins will tell a lot, though having said that, we looked great against the crows q1 before getting drawn and quartered the last 3 qs. So who knows.

I really hope we are very competitive and that would be enough for me. A win...not even thinking about that.

I've been trying to think of the most Richmond way of the Tigers knocking themselves out of contention. I don't think the Crows beating them in a tight tussle is a likely scenario. It's just not Richmond enough. Likewise with them winning.

At the same time, I can't see them losing a close one to the Giants (or losing at all to be honest).

I'm thinking the most Richmond thing to do would be to win this week and then come out in the Grand Final and go goal-less up to half time against Geelong, then show in the second half that they're the better team, by coming back only to lose when Shaun Grigg ignores Dusty and blazes from 50 and kicks it out on the full, Richmond lose by a point.

I think Dusty being ignored by a spud costing them the match is the most Richmond way that this season finishes.

It's Richmond's GF to lose, and if there's a team capable of spectacularly losing the GF from here, it's Richmond!

Against the Giants, they'll win by 10 goals, the Giants fold under pressure too easily, flimsy leadership due to the age profile of the list.
Sadly, you may be on to something.

For the good of the game and future revenue, tigers should put in a shocker.

Think of the big picture. You guys don't need to win flags to keep your fan base.
I disagree.......

A Richmond win in Prelim will almost certainly secure massive Richmond crowds for next year's matches.

If Richmond lost this week in front of their faithful 90 000 supporters, it would be a disaster for the club and the AFL.

The GWS couldn't win their Prelim at their home last year...........it won't be easy in front of the 90,000 strong Tiger army........it's a big ask for them.

Except the whole media etc the last fortnight being just that.

Accept it. Enjoy it.

Fingers crossed theres no happy ending.

The media and the AFL are not the same thing.

The media gives us attention regardless because we're clickbait....Good or bad, they're all over it.

The AFL ignore us because we turn up regardless, so they get their crowds/cash/PR anyway.

The media and the AFL are not the same thing.

The media gives us attention regardless because we're clickbait....Good or bad, they're all over it.

The AFL ignore us because we turn up regardless, so they get their crowds/cash/PR anyway.
They are riding this for all its worth.

We are def the enemy of all come Saturday

It's Melbourne and there's only one Melbourne team left, of course they're hyping it. Just like the Geelong Advertiser is pumping out cats stories and the Adelaide papers are no doubt pumping out their stories too.

Sure, before the game, its all about us, because relatively few care about you (and thus, you don't get them the clicks, views, newspaper sales, etc) and not having had any finals success magnifies the interest factor in Richmond, and thus our effective numbers.

There is also the local media factor...I dare say the Adelaide media is all about them, as would be the Geelong advertiser but National, and especially Sydney's, football media is largely just echos of Victoria (the good and bad of Vic being most of the AFL market).

Post game, it will still be all about us (win or lose), again, it's just a reflection of the relative fanbase. It will move on soon enough if we lose, but that's the effect of the grand final rather than the club(s) involved.

If Richmond win this weekend, and especially if Adelaide also wins, then expect wall to wall Richmond coverage.

As for you being the enemy of all, there is definitely some of that, and until you get past the 'AFL love child' image, and actually earn some respect, there always will be, but I think if you look around you'll notice a fair few 'anyone but Richmond' opinions/articles and fans backing you as a result.

..........it won't be easy in front of the 90,000 strong Tiger army........it's a big ask for them.

What a load of rot!

Are these 90,000 people going to put on boots and jumpers and take the field?

What a load of rot!

Are these 90,000 people going to put on boots and jumpers and take the field?

No, they're going to cheer, boo and generally make a lot of noise.

As a North supporter, you wouldn't be aware of what crowds can do...but across a variety of sports, most judges consider that it can have a significant effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are the team they have been 2nd most against all year.

That and your the AFLs new "fairytale" plus the home crowd bias.

If we get a free kick at all itll be a miracle.

Well last time you played us at the G you got 33 free kicks v our 25.
And even with the massive crowd advantage v Geelong we only got 17 frees compared to Geelongs 15.
So.......

I've been trying to think of the most Richmond way of the Tigers knocking themselves out of contention. I don't think the Crows beating them in a tight tussle is a likely scenario. It's just not Richmond enough. Likewise with them winning.

At the same time, I can't see them losing a close one to the Giants (or losing at all to be honest).

I'm thinking the most Richmond thing to do would be to win this week and then come out in the Grand Final and go goal-less up to half time against Geelong, then show in the second half that they're the better team, by coming back only to lose when Shaun Grigg ignores Dusty and blazes from 50 and kicks it out on the full, Richmond lose by a point.

I think Dusty being ignored by a spud costing them the match is the most Richmond way that this season finishes.

It's Richmond's GF to lose, and if there's a team capable of spectacularly losing the GF from here, it's Richmond!

Against the Giants, they'll win by 10 goals, the Giants fold under pressure too easily, flimsy leadership due to the age profile of the list.
People still think Grigg is a spud? Lmao. Some people just have no idea.

And many teams are capable of losing the grand final from here. 4 teams to be exact, we're not even favorites to win it, so I have no idea why you talk like we have it in the bag.

No, they're going to cheer, boo and generally make a lot of noise.

As a North supporter, you wouldn't be aware of what crowds can do...but across a variety of sports, most judges consider that it can have a significant effect.

What are you talking about. The crowd noise over the P.A. system at Etihad for North games is one of the worlds most intimidating sporting atmospheres. It puts the yellow wall of Borussia Dortmund to shame.

And Norths biggest crowd this year? 42 thousand. That must have been exciting

You mean the game where the most opposition fans turned up, right?

Or did you mean that, at their best, North provided 42 out of every thousand spectators?

Last edited:
Who cares about grammer.
Better get those tin foil hats ready for Saturday arvo.

About as many people as can spell it?

As for Saturday, at least my team is playing, while yours is going backwards by handing over their best picks for GWS's surplus players while anyone with any ability on your list flees. 4th consecutive bottom 6 finish...You must be so proud.

I reckon Kelly and Martin joining North Melbourne is more certain

Kelly will, Martin chose money over success.

And Norths biggest crowd this year? 42 thousand. That must have been exciting

Not lining up 15 deep behind inbred cretins for a beer? You better believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back