AFL 2017 - Prelim - Richmond v GWS, MCG, Sat, 4.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

the umps in the 3rd were pathetic

got richmond the upper hand
A lot of people who watched the game all said the same thing. HTB's against GWS were many, same tackles on Richmond players were ball ups. Flow of game definitely went Richmond's way via the umpires. Richmond however used this advantage and hit the scoreboard from where there was no comeback. Free kicks to Martin were laughable.

A lot of people who watched the game all said the same thing. HTB's against GWS were many, same tackles on Richmond players were ball ups. Flow of game definitely went Richmond's way via the umpires. Richmond however used this advantage and hit the scoreboard from where there was no comeback. Free kicks to Martin were laughable.
Haha, Cats still salty over the QF

Haha, Cats still salty over the QF
No not really Geelong finished exactly where they should 4th with that List. Were flogged by Richmond and Adelaide who are the two best sides in the comp. Barracked for Richmond as a teenager in the late 60's early 70's. So I REMEMBER the good old days for the Tiges.

No not really Geelong finished exactly where they should 4th with that List. Were flogged by Richmond and Adelaide who are the two best sides in the comp. Barracked for Richmond as a teenager in the late 60's early 70's. So I REMEMBER the good old days for the Tiges.
Why did you jump ship......and will you be changing teams again after thr cats' recent finals performances?

Stevie j was facing the ball, rance had his back towards the ball and because the ball fell short, Stevie got pinged for holding, when it was rance who had no eyes for the ball and initiated the contact

The umps were a disgrace

I can go all day, they get away with every Sh$# , illegal holding, taking players out without the ball. Rance gets away with murder, and Cochin

Don’t get me started on martin, every 2nd fend off hits the guys in the face

Why did you jump ship......and will you be changing teams again after thr cats' recent finals performances?
Jumped ship because I wore the Cats jumper in the lower grades during the 70's. Barracked for Brisbane when I lived in Qld and Sydney when I lived there...Geelong since 2005. Allup about 10 Premierships..lol. I have been a very successful supporter. Of course I do not have that 100% bias to a side that many have and I am grateful for that. Lived all over Australia spent time in WA as well, Great country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have smashed them, people acting like a few whistles caused it all,

Take away the umpires (which weren't nearly as bad as the whingers in this thread have made them out to be) and Richmond were still so much better than GWS on Saturday. They worked so much harder and deserved the win.

Explain to me again how having one every 60 years or so is better. You might have had a chance this year with coach who didn't become lazy and a team good enough to make the 8
Cant explain something to someone who hasn't experienced it !! You have not won one ever and its staying that way!

Wrong for underestimating the levels the AFL will go to ensure Cotchin plays. I never anticipated the AFL would clear Cotchin over that incident, and for that - yes I was wrong. I hope Cotchin breaks his leg.

What a disgrace this post is. Wishing injury on a player is supposed to be against board rules, yet this post has been allowed to stand.

Bloody disgusting

What a disgrace this post is. Wishing injury on a player is supposed to be against board rules, yet this post has been allowed to stand.

Bloody disgusting

its richmond mate, in these parts anything is allowed when it involves us

Stevie j was facing the ball, rance had his back towards the ball and because the ball fell short, Stevie got pinged for holding, when it was rance who had no eyes for the ball and initiated the contact

The umps were a disgrace

I can go all day, they get away with every Sh$# , illegal holding, taking players out without the ball. Rance gets away with murder, and Cochin

this is so so so so so so ******* funny coming from a dogs supporter after leading the comp in free kick differential 2 years running and getting rim jobs from the umps all final series last season hahaha

The umps were a disgrace

Please. Go all day every day :)

Apart from the GF win, this was one of my favourite games of the year. 90K+ pro Tiger crowd, kicked the first goal inside 20 seconds to hear the roar, the way they grinded GWS down after half time and then to learn that the AFL's new plastic club had become just about everyone's (bar Richmond supporters) second favourite team on the back of Trent Cotchin getting off at the tribunal.

As I said this win was really magical and still is.

Apart from the GF win, this was one of my favourite games of the year. 90K+ pro Tiger crowd, kicked the first goal inside 20 seconds to hear the roar, the way they grinded GWS down after half time and then to learn that the AFL's new plastic club had become just about everyone's (bar Richmond supporters) second favourite team on the back of Trent Cotchin getting off at the tribunal.

As I said this win was really magical and still is.
Favourite games of the year? It’s one of my favourite wins since following this great club. I just finished watching it again. Im on a continuous loop, qf, pf, gf and repeat... gonna keep watching right up until rd 1 when it all starts again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back