AFL 2017 - R1 - Carlton v Richmond, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't it Hooker + 19 for Caddy or something like that or is my memory worse than I think?
You're right.
The Bombers requested AFL mediation, then offered up their first-round selection - pick 19 - and one of several players, including defender Cale Hooker.
I'm just happy we managed to land pick 26 and draft young Parfitt. Bombers dodged a bullet for sure.

Entertaining game in the end when it looked like it could be a massive blow out.

Some promising signs from some of the young players under 20-30 games.

Will be some ugly and frustrating football this year but there is a base to build upon going forward.

care to trade Silvagni? He looks like a ripper!

I thought Martin was a skinhead thug with no potential. But looks like he could become a great provided he's got his s**t together and isn't another cousins or Jarrah. He looks intelligent and not a timebomb as I assumed he was for years. The game seems to attract an awful lot of unstable people.

Well round 1 can only get better from here. Carlton made Richmond look good. Memberships will be back in the mircrowave next week.

Rance was terrible but Caddy was on another level of bad. Geelong have made out like bandits with that trade.
If he wasn't good today, then I am willing to give him a couple of games. He wasn't very terrible while at Geelong so we'll see if he can at least get to the level that he was on at Geelong.

If not, then oh well.

No s**t. All I'm saying is there were better players that year imo.

But good on Cotchin deserves the accolades he gets I'll just sleep easy at night knowing that the only thing he achieved in his career was a Brownlow that was given to him because of a corrupt court ruling.
Is that what you were saying? Because what you said was Dusty is more deserving that Cotch. In 2012 Dusty got 5 Brownlow votes. Cotchin got got 12 votes in just the last 4 games of the season. So how does Dusty deserve it more?

And anyway, no there wasn't. Cotchin was brilliant that year, thats why he won it. His recent years have clouded peoples memory.
If I remember correctly he sat 3rd or 4th in the top 50 players at the start of 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Martin was a skinhead thug with no potential. But looks like he could become a great provided he's got his s**t together and isn't another cousins or Jarrah. He looks intelligent and not a timebomb as I assumed he was for years. The game seems to attract an awful lot of unstable people.
First time watching him? Seriously you could tell he had potential by the fact he went #3 in the draft.
He played 21 games in his first season and didnt get under 15 touches once.

No. Its been one game so his chance is up. He is trash, get rid of him. :drunk:
Lol yeah, I don't know why the trade is already being ruled off as a bad one. He was actually quite decent in the JLT games that he played - especially in the Adelaide one - and, if he had a bad game today, it was his first down game so far. Rance had a down game too for his standards today and it appeared both Riewoldt and Cotchin did too so I am more than happy to wait and see how he goes in the next couple of weeks first.

This is his third club. He's never taken the step many have predicted him to.

Looks highly unlikely that's going to change at Richmond.
So? We paid a second rounder for him. If he stays at the 20 touches, 1.2 goals a game he was last year then ill take it. Dont need him to be the best player in the comp.

Btw your team is almost entirely players from other clubs that are failing to take the next step.

So? We paid a second rounder for him. If he stays at the 20 touches, 1.2 goals a game he was last year then ill take it. Dont need him to be the best player in the comp.

Btw your team is almost entirely players from other clubs that are failing to take the next step.
No the guys we recruited left because they were playing on a ridiculously stacked team where games were scarce.

Tigers players, fans and officials to sing the song 5 or 6 times and carry on like they just won the flag.

Some things never change.

yeah like the insignificance of your club.

Are you his mum?
Who the hell is 'Nank'?
Never heard of him for starters.

Has been a liability mostly.

lol you have you no idea. Do everyone a favour and delete your bf account

When you have a quarter of you list as ex Giants you'd hope a couple are ok...

Plowman, marchbank and Pickett all should be long term players.

Phillips is a decent back up ruckman

Jakesh is the only abject failure

Palmer, lamb and sumner were salary dumps by GWS which allowed us to get the ones we really wanted for less draft picks.

We are trying to undo abject recruiting from 2009-2014, which won't happen in 2 years. The GWS trades are the least of our issues.

We are a long way back but have to remain the course

Yeh because they didn't take that step. Or else they would be in the team and push others out.
Proven by the fact that most don't improve even after getting to Carlton.
Plowman hasn't improved? Phillips hasn't?

Marchbank certainly looks like he'll be an improved, Pickett too.

There's 22 blokes who can get a game each week. It would be more worrisome if we were picking up a whole bunch of recycled blokes from Brisbane or something.

GWS is now in the list stage where they're a deep finals footy team. They don't have time to be waiting for guys like Marchbank and Plowman to get up to speed.

To comment on the opposition, Carlton have quite a few promising players coming through IMO.

Pickett, Marchbank, Macreadie, Plowman, Weitering, SPS, Cripps, Silvagni and Charlie Curnow all look like decent prospects as a group at this stage. Young group still, but looks promising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back