Play Nice AFL 2017 - R1 - Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG, 7.25pm - Note: drug related posts will result in bans.

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. Our underdone players gave you a bath. Enjoy!
Glad your happy with.... ummm... that. I guess your expectations have been so low for so long. Yeah. I understand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

O'Meara plays like a slob. Rarely puts pressure on and doesn't push to the next contest. Could get away with it if he had any impact with the ball.
Pretty overrated footballer based on what he's done so far.

Never saw it at Gold Coast either.

I was as dark as anyone one about the way Essendon's club management handled the last few years, and about the naivety of the players.

But I really liked watching the Jobe Watson interview. When you think of every interview he did for years with the weight of the world on his shoulders, seeing him that happy, that joyous and that relaxed was really nice I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed by the result today.

Box Hill > Essendon VFL
Be happy with the win. There is no need to keep biting such obvious bait.

Hopefully both kids are up and running by the next game... rematch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was as dark as anyone one about the way Essendon's club management handled the last few years, and about the naivety of the players.

But I really liked watching the Jobe Watson interview. When you think of every interview he did for years with the weight of the world on his shoulders, seeing him that happy, that joyous and that relaxed was really nice I think.

Might've just been the weight of the brownlow on his shoulders

Wasn't enough in replay to show it wasn't touched so the umpires call would have stood

Replay looked pretty clear that his hand swiped well above the ball. 12 point play for bombers given it went down the other end for a goal, but hard to think the correct decision would have changed the result, given the way your mob finished the game.

Last edited:
Pretty good game in the end. The Dons look good considering. I though they were going to run out of puff at half time but they just got better.

Some of the umpiring was dubious, although I didn't think it favoured any particular team. With the umpire calling Roughead 'John' at the coin toss, the signs were there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back