AFL 2017 - R1 - St Kilda v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I was pretty happy that I went to the game today - I thought it was really entertaining.

I know that Melbourne have had plenty of false dawns over the last couple of years, but man that was exciting from their point of view. The fact that it was so many 2nd tier players playing so well is why this year could be different.

Skipped over to Port/Swans because thought it'd be a close ending, and now feel sick reading that Riewoldt might have done his ACL. It was unjust that Judd ended that way, it'd be even more unjust for Riewoldt to miss the Saints rise, hopefully Riewoldt just has a minor strain and is back out there ASAP.

Class performance by Melbourne though. Only Watts and Melksham haven't contributed (obviously Smith didn't get much of a go with his arm injury), other than that it's been a full team performance with Jones, Lewis, Vince, Gawn leading the way, with some excellent performances from Oliver (almost BOG?), Petracca and Hunt.
Watts' possessions in the forward half were valuable. Also provided ruck relief and kicked a goal. Silly to single him out. If you're going to single anyone out then Oscar McDonald had almost as bad a first half as I can recall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts' possessions in the forward half were valuable. Also provided ruck relief and kicked a goal. Silly to single him out. If you're going to single anyone out then Oscar McDonald had almost as bad a first half as I can recall.

His goal was sitting forward uncontested with two others - could have been him or the other 2.
He only had like 4 possessions for the first half, he can do more than that.

His goal was sitting forward uncontested with two others - could have been him or the other 2.
He only had like 4 possessions for the first half, he can do more than that.
In the first quarter our midfeild was getting belted. The ball wasn't getting to him.

Your original comment was that he was one of two players who didn't contribute. Which is wrong. He didn't star but he contributed.

Last edited:
You nervous melbourne?

Will Melbourne beat St Kilda at Etihad? or St Kilda at all? Streak looks to continue

Melbourne look as s**t at Etihad as ever.

Slick as hell from Gresham.

The Dee's hype train going express to fail town.

seen it many times - dees have a great quarter and suddenly it's streak breaking time. and then, it isn't.

Roos full of smug now.

Melbourne have been spoonfed the best youngsters for 10 years now, only a matter of time until they came good.

I know the saints are playing terrible but wow, Melbourne are clearly the favourites of the round with razor ray and co.

So what's happened to this contact below the knees rule?

4cd.gif

Thought there were some errors early and seemed like the ball had been coated in soap.
Was very encouraging that we fought back hard and it surprised me how the saints fell away as they seem to play well when full of confidence.
Also Oliver is amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back