AFL 2017 - R10 - Melbourne v GCS Saturday 4:05 PM ACST TIO Traeger Park

Remove this Banner Ad

635040_thumb.jpg

upload_2017-5-27_11-49-46.png
upload_2017-5-27_11-50-6.png

PREVIEW

Melbourne's up and down formline continued against North Melbourne on Sunday, with a 14-point loss bringing the Demons back to the pack with a win-loss record of 4-5. That followed a 41-point win over Adelaide the week before, further emphasising the Demons' inconsistency. However, Simon Goodwin's team have a golden opportunity to get back to parity in Alice Springs on Saturday. Gold Coast is coming off its bye following a significant loss to Port Adelaide in the match played in Shanghai in round eight. The Suns will be looking to make amends for a poor showing against the Power and look to edge out of the bottom-four places on the ladder. Melbourne has never previously won a game in Alice Springs, but should go into the match against the Suns brimming with confidence.​

Gold Coast remains the number one ranked centre clearance side in 2017, averaging 17.5 per game. But the Demons aren’t far behind, ranked third at an average of 14.9. Melbourne and Gold Coast meet for the 10th time on Saturday. The Demons hold the advantage winning six games to three, including the last three. The Suns last won over Melbourne in round five, 2014. The Demons are a strong contested possession team this season, ranked second in the AFL. The Suns are ranked 10th. For uncontested possessions, the Suns are ranked first in the competition and the Demons are second.

Kiss of Death: Suns by 7

Exactly the kind of game Melbourne lose, just can't handle the favourites tag. Hoping the boys come out and blitz them off the park

Hoping for a significantly better showing after last weeks capitulation. Some changes have been made which is good. 4-6 is unacceptable, 5-5 is a pass.

GC will definitely be fresh after a week off, so they'll be feeling better, but I hope we can finally learn how important it is to put 4 quarters together.

Wow this is not going to be shown on TV in QLD (free to air).

I really think the Suns will be quite upset with the china performance, but with Ablett out this will end up a Melbourne win. I expect a close game though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back