AFL 2017 - R10 - WEST COAST v GWS 14:40 AWST : DOMAIN STADIUM

Remove this Banner Ad

PREVIEW

The blowtorch is back on West Coast after another insipid effort in Melbourne and Greater Western Sydney will be bracing for a ferocious response this Sunday. The Eagles haven’t been beaten at their home fortress this season and are the only team yet to lose to the rising Giants, records they will be desperate to keep intact to avoid dropping back into the pack chasing finals spots. Coach Adam Simpson has put the heat on West Coast's leaders after a 61-point belting from Essendon, and contested ball – one of GWS' strengths – will be a huge focus at Domain Stadium. The Giants have been ravaged by injury but found ways to win coming from behind to topple Collingwood and Richmond in successive weeks. A victory in Perth – where they have taken the points only once in seven attempts – would give Leon Cameron's men a handy gap over a potential top-four rival.

Kiss of Death: GWS by 2 points

Feel strangely subdued about this game. For the first time this year we aren't favourites with the bookies and that's a relief. Pre season I thought this would be a telling game as to our prosoects this year, now not so much.

We've never beaten the Eagles and at home they look pretty daunting from our perspective.We need to sort that sooner or later and it would take the pressure off our Spotless game to come if it was today.

Hopefully our guys go out there confident and prepared to take the man on and run the ball. Our form in recent weeks isn't great but on the plus side we've been winning, which is seriously cool. Slow start today kills us but it seems every clubs supporters are worried about slow starts this year exceot the Hawks and they cant all be right.

Hope it's a good contest and our guys keep their heads up whatever happens, our 2017 team probably will.

For *s sake 44 fit players at the end of the game please.

You'd think the Eagles would respond at home but if the Giants can get the win considering the amount of injuries they have, then that would be a terrific effort.

We've also been plagued by injuries and general shitness.

Shuey may be a late out, if so put a lot of money on the Giants.

This will be close, pessimistic about this one.

We've also been plagued by injuries and general shitness.

Shuey may be a late out, if so put a lot of money on the Giants.

This will be close, pessimistic about this one.
That's the surprising thing about this game both sets of supporters seem very pessimistic.

:D You guys have been around longer and have many knowlegeable posters so I expect you're right.

Hope Shueys good though and sad about LeCras.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't usually change my tips but even with Shuey out it got me thinking about the game a bit more and f**k it now I think the Giants will beat the Eagles for the first time. This is fraught with risk though haha.
We just lost Scully and the big bear Tim Mohr will play. You might have gone early. Mohr could be our secret weapon on Kennedy but we'll miss Scully's run.

We are way too tall. I can feel a big loss coming.
Mohr goes back, and while I like the idea of Tomlinson staying where he's working theirs a greater need for him releiving in the ruck and taking contested marks around the ground. Maybe he plays wing, he can run.

If the giants are going to beat us, they're in a near perfect position to do so (their injury list aside).

Assume we have a can opener.....

Over 1,400 games of experience missing
Taranto, Lloyd, Himmleberg, Kennedy, Perryman all less than 10 games, Corr Mohr and Reid with less than 50.

Not in a "near perfect" position to do anything.

This will be ugly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back