AFL 2017 - R10 - Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda 1:45 AEST Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

749284_thumb.jpg

upload_2017-5-27_11-43-46.png
upload_2017-5-27_11-44-13.png

St Kilda has made two changes with champion Nick Riewoldt suffering a knee injury along with midfielder Luke Dunstan who was omitted. Shane Savage and small forward Darren Minchington have both come in for the clash with the Dogs. In defence the Saints are a settled unit led by skipper Jarryn Geary who may play on the Dogs combination of small forwards and resting midfielders. Half back Dylan Roberton has been in good form and has provided the drive out of defence, while key defender Jake Carlisle is an aerial threat with his intercept marking being critical.

The Dogs have sputtered their way to a 5-4 record without putting together a four-quarter performance, but unlike many other sides, they're yet to blown anyone off the park yet. The Saints on the other hand, were poor last week against a resurgent Sydney and succumbed to a 50-point hiding on their home turf after three-straight wins. With a host of players returning to side after injury lay-offs including Tory Dickson, Travis Cloke and Mitch Wallis, Luke Beveridge will be hoping the premiers will finally be able to find the consistency that has been eluding them. Like most games at the indoor venue, the team that wins the clearances and uses the ball efficiently will take home the four points.

With the return of Jake Stringer, Shane Biggs and Tim English to make his debut in the ruck and TRavis Cloke finding himself in the VFL side for his costly mistake last week will the Dogs overcome a hungry Saints outfit resting N Reiwoldlt or will the Saints take it to the Dogs?

Kiss of death: Saints by 12

Last edited:

no Reiwoldt or Bruce. Can St Kilda kick a winning score..?
Nick has been hobbling around for the last few weeks while Bruce has been struggling with his marking.

We also don't necessarily have two suitable match-up's for both Carlisle and Brown, so I'd say there's a very good chance we'll see Carlisle forward at times, for basically the first time this year.

Seems a strange move to go taller like that. I like it.
Makes sense. Roughead with Boyd backing him up. English is more of a midfielder than a KPP at this stage.

Surely English was brought in to play ruck though wasn't he?
I'm sure he will play some ruck, but he basically gives up the hit out and becomes a tall mid.

We're still smaller than last week. Roughead, Boyd, English vs Cloke, Redpath, Boyd. First lot are a hell of a lot more mobile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised nobody has made comment on Dangerfield calling the Dogs chuckers on 3aw (paraphrasing).

The umpires appear to be the only people in football who aren't aware of it.

He would know I suppose, playing in that Geelong midfield. Thought I was watching American football on Thursday.

Which out of form KPF will the dogs play into form this week? Paddy McCartin come on down!

Lots of pressure on Saints here, Bulldogs only just going along at this point of the season.

Surprised nobody has made comment on Dangerfield calling the Dogs chuckers on 3aw (paraphrasing).

Dangerfield shouldn't throw stones at glass windows. Gets away with murder himself

Biggest figjam. Needs to stop drinking his own bathwater

Its a very swirly wind inside the stadium.

Cant say I had any delays getting into the stadium with the added security.

Why does the bulldogs ground presenter keep saying "tonights game" 13.45 is day time!

Too many prime time slots this year got confused

Saints have a very small side in today, interested to see how they go up forward. Think the dogs midfield will be too strong though, dogs by 25.

Every club chucks it nowadays.

Dangerfield shouldn't throw stones at glass windows. Gets away with murder himself

I'm guessing by his comments today he's not a fan of the Bulldogs?

The problem is his coach is setting a bad example, been salty since last September and particularly about the dogs.

Wonder how he would take it if Bevo started complaining about the high free kicks the Selwoods get?

We'll never know, Bevo very unlikely to sink to that level.

Every club chucks it nowadays.
True but it advantages the teams that want to move the ball quickly rather than control possession.

If the clamped down on it then it would hurt the Bulldogs more than others. Hence why people complain that they get away with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back