AFL 2017 - R11 - Fremantle v Collingwood 14:40 AWST Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

So will all those missed set shots.

Collingwood were the better team all day and probably should have won by a lot more if it wasn't for their poor kicking for goal.

Yeah not wrong. script was the same all day...we never had a chance in hindsight.

I would rather take the loss than have all those injuries. The big loss is Elliot. If this is a long term injury, then our season is pretty much over. We would have been 2-9 so far without him.

I posted this somewhere else but
LOL we're still in the eight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a big question for all you experts . How good or bad is the goal kicking these days, in AFL top of the class football. Collingwood should have won by about double that score. Maybe its just me but lately the kicking for goal has been really bad, and yet you get lucky dribble kicks from B. Hill that go through and every one cheers, what is wrong with proper kicking, now Hilly probably was under some pressure , but I saw a bloke yesterday dribble right threw the points!!!
My point is folks that , Hilly , with that kick , I wonder if he would have missed if he kicked a dead straight drop punt, which these guys are supposed to be able to do. But I reckon the dribble kick is a way of not taking responsibilty for your conventional kick when running at goals. This is not a shot at Brad Hill, because Collingwood kicked like a pack of blind men.
But I still say the skill level is dropping off in the game, fumbling every where, a pack formed in a wrestle the minute after the first ball up to start the game, terrible to watch , there needs to be something done about the scragging scrums in the stoppages , especially the centre bounce. You either win the ball or the other team does, you see a break away and bingo off goes a bleeding whistle and some umpire has found some stupid petty accidental touch, to call a free.
I put it down once again to a dilution of really first class players in the pool. 2 New clubs and a crazy rules.
And I don't care who disagrees with me , its there staring you in the face.

Wouldn't you expect after 4 shots at goal in the first 5 or 10 minutes and some one from one of the teams would kick straight. And should kick a bloody goal!!

Congrats, you're a better side than us at the moment. Most Freo fans never pretended we were a finals side despite the generous win-loss.

But you're still in no-mans land with Buckley at the helm
Play that song again!

"Good old Collingwood forever,
We know how to play the game..."

Here's a big question for all you experts . How good or bad is the goal kicking these days, in AFL top of the class football. Collingwood should have won by about double that score. Maybe its just me but lately the kicking for goal has been really bad, and yet you get lucky dribble kicks from B. Hill that go through and every one cheers, what is wrong with proper kicking, now Hilly probably was under some pressure , but I saw a bloke yesterday dribble right threw the points!!!
My point is folks that , Hilly , with that kick , I wonder if he would have missed if he kicked a dead straight drop punt, which these guys are supposed to be able to do. But I reckon the dribble kick is a way of not taking responsibilty for your conventional kick when running at goals. This is not a shot at Brad Hill, because Collingwood kicked like a pack of blind men.
But I still say the skill level is dropping off in the game, fumbling every where, a pack formed in a wrestle the minute after the first ball up to start the game, terrible to watch , there needs to be something done about the scragging scrums in the stoppages , especially the centre bounce. You either win the ball or the other team does, you see a break away and bingo off goes a bleeding whistle and some umpire has found some stupid petty accidental touch, to call a free.
I put it down once again to a dilution of really first class players in the pool. 2 New clubs and a crazy rules.

Wouldn't you expect after 4 shots at goal in the first 5 or 10 minutes and some one from one of the teams would kick straight. And should kick a bloody goal!!
I have a mate who plays WAFL, has great inside skills but it just a bit too short and slow to make it at AFL level.
Clubs are more concerned with recruiting good natural athletes more than those with good footy skills. It's easier to coach kicking, hballing etc than it is to make someone faster, taller, stronger. Obviuosly this isn't carrying through so the skill standards have dropped

Grundy has been poor, not bad but quiter than normal!
If 21 possessions and 39 hitouts is poor by Grundy, he's definitely the best ruckman in the comp.

I don't disagree in that he hasn't had the same output as other games this season.

Did you see Brad Hill run into open goal and opt to dribble it but proceeded to kick it off the side of his boot from 15 meters with almost no angle and miss. I think that should be want you make your case aroubd not the one he actually flukes!

If 21 possessions and 39 hitouts is poor by Grundy, he's definitely the best ruckman in the comp.

I don't disagree in that he hasn't had the same output as other games this season.

When you go back and watch the match again you will see what I was talking about, in fact I wrote that about 3 mintues before King mentioned that he needed to lift.

But yeah stats show everything!!!

When you go back and watch the match again you will see what I was talking about, in fact I wrote that about 3 mintues before King mentioned that he needed to lift.

But yeah stats show everything!!!
Read my second paragraph before pressing the reply button.

Well done pies. Given how many close ones we've won, we were bound to lose one down the track.

Hope Bucks gets his contract extension now
This wasn't a close one though. You were lucky to be in it from about the second minute of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back