AFL 2017 - R12 - Carlton v GWS - 15:20 AEST : Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Great going Carlton great work Brendan Bolton , the Blues can pull some rippers out at times.

Now I know that you are all sick of hearing me, but...

THE UMPIRING IS GETTING WORSE

IT IS GETTING WORSE!

And only getting worse for one spectacular reason! The umpires work to absolute regulation orders dictated to them when they learn umpiring .

YET! The mistakes are more than mistakes, at times they are colossal blunders that are messing the game up worse this year than ever, WHY?
Well because of grey and intensely strict following to the letter, the call of something they see, even to the point of ridiculousness, because the AFL rules have been turned into petty tiny issue changes , where the umpire calls exactly what is written down in front that he learns while becoming an umpire, and they have NO idea of intent of player even in split second or forward motion momentum of a body , they see no footballers view

I believe this happened when Hawthorn played yesterday and the absolute non event of a player moving a foot closer to a angle from where the umpire stood. What in the name of God has that got to do with football and kicking a goal. Nothing.But the umpire quickness to blow the whistle put the kicker off, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED, because of a stupid new grading of petty rules that mean nothing.

Obviously they call correct stuff too, I am not saying that they don't , I am saying the standing orders for umpires decision making is /has been turned into a nightmare of over adjudication for things that don't need adjudicating at all, they make no difference to the game except that the umpire can create a situation that can result in definite goal or a change in momentum. Don't agree, tell me why anyone. I reckon most of us are seeing this nonsense take the game by the neck and ruin it.

They just call something they've read that has to be called, no matter how wrong or unfair . They seem to not have any type of feel for the game. But either do the rules people, and again why ?
The umps either call rubbish or let things go, surely they see it there is three of them now.

If you want the game to turn into a ridiculous load of pointless free kicks and fifty metre penalties, deciding games then your easily pleased.
It is a lead up to cheating and gambling problems ? Well done Carlton the ump nearly got GWS over the line.

Green played on twice before changing his mind in that last bit of the game and umpire let him go back and reset both times. Inconsistent incompetence and media rights are the two biggest issues I have with the AFL at the moment.

Last edited:
That was a shockingly good game of footy.
Shocking is the right term, skill errors galore! If it wasn't for some excellent soccer skills from the Blues it would have been a different story.

GWS are starting to have a Geelong 2014 feel about them, will finish top 4 but many tight finishes against mid-range sides flatter their position. They are a bloody good side but they aren't the unstoppable behemoth others are suggesting. Got a better chance of picking the premier out of a hat than going by form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont think you were a 10 goal better side, but you were the better side. There's not a lot if difference between AFL teams and if you put in the effort and your guys did, you can win. It's that simple.
Lot of talent on the way up in colours though.
I meant a 10 goal loss for us if our defenders didn't do such a good job blanketing your forwards with all those clearances coming in

Cannot work out why Greene was not called to play on but allowed to go back over the mark. That was very very strange considering how hot umps usually are with the play on call when a player takes half a step of the mark. Greene took about 6 steps

I meant a 10 goal loss for us if our defenders didn't do such a good job blanketing your forwards with all those clearances coming in
Sorry
I will delete my response. Post game I was aceoss three threads and not concentrating.

They have 3 now? Wow, must have been on a membership drive.
Twice now I've seen you comment about supporters. Take a step back and look who you support and how many fans you have, champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back