AFL 2017 - R13 - Gold Coast Suns v Carlton 7:25 PM AEST : Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

upload_2017-6-17_14-3-2.jpeg

Metricon Stadium 22° Shower or two

upload_2017-6-17_14-3-49.png

upload_2017-6-17_14-4-18.png

MATCH PREVIEW

What looked like a ho-hum game on paper a few weeks back now has some genuine interest, with both teams coming off strong wins. Gold Coast has won two in a row and sit just a game (plus some percentage) outside the top eight, while Carlton's upset win over Greater Western Sydney has put some extra spark in their season. The Blues have won four games and been ultra competitive in many others this season. The teams met in round four with Tom Lynch's seven goals proving the difference, but Carlton has one of the most resolute defences in the League and will have done plenty of homework on the Suns' spearhead. Gold Coast is still missing running defender Jarrod Harbrow through suspension, but is essentially at full strength and should sneak over the line on its home ground.

Given Carlton's recent spark of form with an impressive win last week you'd consider the Blues as the slight favorites ahead of the Suns. If the Krueze can keep up with his form from last week getting first use of the ball around the ground to Murphy and Gibbs we could see Carlton chalk up another win

Kiss of Death: Suns by 13

Blues a sneaky chance in this
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

lol two boring teams. I turned on the TV and saw the empty stadium and thought it was the pre-game footy show for a second.

The only thing interesting in this, is to see how Jones does down back.

Loving this game being talked up as an unexpected "Saturday special". There's about 10 people in the stadium and I don't think any neutral would be watching this game if it wasn't the lone Saturday night game.

To be fair im not sure any of the games this weekend would have had much neutral interest or big crowds...no big traditional rival games and the only Vic vs Vic games were North/Saints and WB/Melb who don't draw big crowds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nervous about this game, we are favourites and should get the win, but I have a nagging feeling in the back of my head we aren't going to turn up. Ahh the life of a Suns supporter.
Hey, I am genuinely interested and not being snarky. What made you take up GC as a team? Were you not into the AFL beforehand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back