AFL 2017 - R13 - Richmond v Sydney MCG 1:40 AEST MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be honest, I do not think the Swans deserved to win that game as we were not the better side on the day. Somehow, and I am still not sure how, the team managed to keep plodding along and actually won.

Both sides kicked 3.5 in a half. We did more with our chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still own your s**t mob

giphy.gif

Great game, unforgettable for Rance's epic besting of Buddy. But in the end the swans old midfield champs got it done, thrashed us from half way through the 2nd Q, it all felt rather inevitable once they put the clamps down on us.

Best bit was kicking the ball in the carpark after, then in to Punt Rd to watch us beat the cats for once.

Lots to be thankful for as tiger fans.

I wanted Richmond to win but this is Codswallop.
No it isn't , and if you like that crap, rule set up, you don't know football, it is not supposed to be decided by free kicks called wrong or not called at all, so give me answer in detail unless your just a Geelong supporter, that'll mean you know what!
You don't really watch football.

Yes you choked.

It happens.
No they didn't choke , the umpires only called frees one way, and missed the rest. That's all you kids see now days you don't know the game, if you are 90 then you must have never watched football before.

By the way what is dropping /holding/ caught with the ball these days, what is in the back? I mean I saw lots of that including a few in Suns v Carlton, oh and the free kicks well the umps missed a pile and called the DOOB bulldust again in the last minute.
Fair dinkum are all you people blind that don't see this. How can you follow this stuff, even Cometti reckons his watching of football after retirement is more screaming at the TV in frustration instead of enjoyment. Yep true.

Now I suppose some babies on here will come out with some derogatory remark about him .

Is the BYE also a factor for not winning a final..... whatever excuse makes you feel better.
I'll tell you what, the bye before the finals, lets the lessor clubs in for a chance and of course much more TV advertising money for Gil and crew!
That is what this AFL is on about nothing else, we should have a final 5 or 6 that's it.

No one can guess what a bye produces from a team any given time they all have one. But by Christ it changed last years finals.
And so did a couple of rule misinterpretations or "misses".

Bring on a Packer type billionaire, to buy out 14 clubs and have "world" series football.

Please keep commenting, there's nothing more amusing on bigfooty than your misguided rants.
No I won't stop because your the misguided and blind as well, you like this crap, you like the fumbling the turn overs the terrible kicks two pea brained fools dribble kicking when a good drop punt over the head of an opponent would have been a goal, but maybe the talent pool is too shitty so he might have not had the guts to try REALM kicking , if you haven't looked at Suns and Carlton have a look at the crap they both put up, and what about North and the Saints, I'm telling you blind man, the level is dropping, You should be ashamed tol in the home of footy.

Ha ha that'll get some going. Ha ha ha

No I won't stop because your the misguided and blind as well, you like this crap, you like the fumbling the turn overs the terrible kicks two pea brained fools dribble kicking when a good drop punt over the head of an opponent would have been a goal, but maybe the talent pool is too shitty so he might have not had the guts to try REALM kicking , if you haven't looked at Suns and Carlton have a look at the crap they both put up, and what about North and the Saints, I'm telling you blind man, the level is dropping, You should be ashamed tol in the home of footy.

Great, any chance you can elaborate fully on what you mean?

I'll tell you what, the bye before the finals, lets the lessor clubs in for a chance and of course much more TV advertising money for Gil and crew!
That is what this AFL is on about nothing else, we should have a final 5 or 6 that's it.

No one can guess what a bye produces from a team any given time they all have one. But by Christ it changed last years finals.
And so did a couple of rule misinterpretations or "misses".

Bring on a Packer type billionaire, to buy out 14 clubs and have "world" series football.
Fair points you raise

Y
Aaaaaand paid consistently...
Yeah it should not be a rule at all, because the the off the side of his boot was in extreme pressure ghe just got it to his boot.

HOW THE "F" IS THAT DELIBERATE. Look if you say something, lets get some comments , I love the game, when I see good things , some stuff I see doesn't look good, and I say it. most of you think I don't love it why do you think this makes me so effing angry.
IT IS BLOODY CHANGING FOR THE WORST AN D SO IS THE STANDARD. We have to pull the reins up now!

So go ahead I know those who don't have sensible remarks really don't give a s**t anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are without doubt the most bizarre poster on Bigfooty, and that's saying something. Do you talk like you write?

Any Richmond people out there give me the free kick figures for Sydney and for Richmond second half.
Because I tell you , this umpiring in this game was as bad as North getting annihilated by umpires at Subiaco two finals series ago , and it was false umpiring of free given and frees totally ignored, if any one disagrees , you did not watch what I watched. No you didn't. Richmond do not hammer your players they won most of the match but they had opportunities taken from them and Sydney had opportunities given to them.

And a coach like our Clarkson at Hawthorn can't complain. Well I can and the AFL are allowing a terrible precedence sneak in to the game.
If any one can't see it , then your satisfied with crap.

Sydney people , wait it'll happen to you too.

But neither can win a flag , Sydney will get found out. Tigers you got to kick goals.

I think the general population will now crucify Hardwick , Tigers don't , it wasn't him, and you have to wonder about the byes too????

And that week off to give lesser clubs a better chance in the finals , which is what happened last year, so someone beside Adelaide can win a flag from 5th, the bye before the finals is a fair dinkum rort , so that there is no advantage of the top four , oooh yes , ask a couple of footy people about that.

What the bye before finals does, is make a pile of TV rights money for blasted Gillan and his AFL crew!

Richmond lose confidence just like North did after a great start , with the Eagles then getting back with unbelievable favoured umpiring.
As I've said before , of course Richmond should have sealed it by kicking better, but they didn't , either did the side, that got the help Sydney, they struggled to score too but they made a "comeback" didn't they?.
Yet came back from 4 goals down to win by a goal and a bit. And free kicks galore. Watch the AFL stats , it won't show it??
In Richmonds forward fifty wrestling match , 1 to 3 minutes to go last quarter two frees against tackled Sydney players a clear in the back tackle on a Richmond player and these three clowns see nothing.

That is another bug bear of mine , why are umpires cowardly to the point that blatant frees in front of goal to the side in attack are ignored nearly 90% of the time. No, not ignored, umps are too frightened to pay them .

I will not comment any more I didn't back or follow either of these clubs , I'll see whats said. But tigers have a different look at a different angle , because you got reemed by rules right up the!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like the Swans messed up someone's day. :D

No it isn't , and if you like that crap, rule set up, you don't know football, it is not supposed to be decided by free kicks called wrong or not called at all, so give me answer in detail unless your just a Geelong supporter, that'll mean you know what!
You don't really watch football.
This game wasn't decided by free kicks-pretty simple.
Ps do agree the pre-final bye is something that warrants questions. It takes away the reward that teams worked so hard to finish high for. That being said it was the most interesting finals series for awhile.

Did you watch the game? They ran out of legs by half time. The only teams like the Tigers can stay right on top in this competition is to be match fit and ready. The bye was an undoubted factor.

Lol Melbourne won coming off the bye last week and gave a 5 goal head start. Pathetic excuse.

Richmond deserved to lose that game. They had more than enough chances to place distance between themselves and Sydney, but they couldn't manage it. The turning point was half way into the final term, Richmond led by 14, the ball off hands to Edwards who had a simple shot from 20 metres out .... and he didn't even get close! I knew right then if Sydney got the next goal they would win. One of these days, these "highly skilled" footballers will learn how to kick simple goals.

When Nankervis hit the post from dead in front I knew they'd lose.

That is only your version.

For years Richmond were nearly everyone's second favourite team or the team they wanted to see get a few wins because they were hopeless. Now its completely flipped.

Richmond still are my second team. It's just hilarious when they keep finding new ways to lose though.

I'll be honest, I do not think the Swans deserved to win that game as we were not the better side on the day. Somehow, and I am still not sure how, the team managed to keep plodding along and actually won.

Disagree

Recovered from a poor start and started the fight back in the late 2nd quarter.

Great pressure after halftime and both sides missed gettable goals.

Everyone will talk up the senior players but Papley, Heeney and Newman were immense. Rohan with a lot of pressure acts also very handy but not on the stat sheet.

Thoroughly deserved win IMO

When Nankervis hit the post from dead in front I knew they'd lose.

Please, don't get me started. I am fed up with watching pathetic attempts at goal from easy range. Nankervis' attempt should be sodas to "professional" footballers, but for some reason they aren't. With this propensity to insist upon wider spreads of goal kickers, we are seeing far too many players kicking for goal with absolutely no technique whatsoever. They just drop the ball and hope like hell it will go straight. Some of the ball drops are laughable, and if your leg is not following through on n angle, that's exactly where the ball will go. Jeez, they pay these clowns 6 figure sums and many of them can't kick for s**t. I really wish they would go back to recruiting footballers rather than Olympic athletes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back