AFL 2017 - R13 - Western Bulldogs v Melbourne 3:20 PM AEST : Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Dale and Caleb Daniel, if you can get two improvements into a flag winning team then normally you would be happy with that. But its the amount of players that have gone the other way that is daunting!

They were disciplined and played precisely to their game plan. Bulldogs had no favors last year - yet still won the flag. Look where they came from. Well deserved premiership.

They got plenty of favours from the umpires last year, no surprise they've looked very ordinary the last couple of games when the umpiring has been fairer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see much pressure. I just see heaps of Melbourne players running around alone in their forwardline... I think the Dogs lack of pressure is the reason for the result here.

Doggies are missing marks, fumbling and playing terrible, but you cannot deny the Dees have put them under pressure all day.

Both teams are guilty of long high balls way too much, but the Dees want this so much more, always giving better second efforts.

They just need to find consistency

Really happy for him. I wanted him to stay but he had to leave for opportunity. Deserves some success. I just hope his form doesn't regress when Gawn returns.

He is the hardest working guy on our list. Never gets gifted anything and works for it.

They got plenty of favours from the umpires last year, no surprise they've looked very ordinary the last couple of games when the umpiring has been fairer.

I am not saying they didn't get a free ride off of the umps in the grand final. But they still got to the Grand Final, and they were still the better side in the Grand Final. No knocking the Dogs. They deserved their flag, it isn't their fault the umps gave them a free ride.

Him and Harmes lack the polish to be regular players at afl level but they run bloody hard and tackle well. Not sure how we can drop them without losing our defensive pressure though.

Harmes is ok. He has been solid today. He is up to the level IMO. Neal Bullen can't kick over a jam tin though, and not only does he make bad decisions, but he can't execute. Harmes can execute and doesn't mind a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back