AFL 2017 - R14 - Sydney Swans v Essendon 19:50 AEST : SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

That has to be the best H and A victory I can remember. To make it better, I went to a bar with a mate, the bar which I had randomly chosen was the WA Bombers official bar, which made the final seconds oh so sweeter. I was running and jumping around like a lunatic, haven't done that since the 2012 GF. I had congratulated all the bombers supporters with about 3 minutes left. Un****ingbelievable.

That has to be the best H and A victory I can remember. To make it better, I went to a bar with a mate, the bar which I had randomly chosen was the WA Bombers official bar, which made the final seconds oh so sweeter. I was running and jumping around like a lunatic, haven't done that since the 2012 GF. I had congratulated all the bombers supporters with about 3 minutes left. Un****ingbelievable.

Richmond last week was one of my favourite ever wins and this topped it.

What's all this crap about the woman boundary rider. I thought she was fantastic and spoke about the game as well as anyone else on the commentary team.

I think that's what people are complaining about. Let's face it, being as good as the rest of the team isn't exactly high praise.

Having said that, I thought she was ok. At least she can ask an open question. I'm sick of hearing interviewers say "You must be pretty happy with that win".

giphy.gif

Would that be the biggest choke in AFL history / biggest comeback ? In such a short period of time.

Thank Goddard for that one.
Pies got us last year with the last 3 goals in about 5 mins and the Suns something similar when hunt got us on the siren however I think the bombers were 19 pts up with 4 mins to go. That's a muma cass style choke.

How about the non HTB against McGrath too...dead set if that isn't the worst non HTB one this year..fair dinkum. That umpire should be sacked for that non decision...cost us a set shot 25m out right in front...even our side who were kicking like we were drunk should have kicked that one!

Yep that was a shocker. As bad as the Malceski one when Hill chased him down in the GF.

FTR I think the Bombers got the best of the umpiring last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are people complaining about a touched ball being called a behind? Both reviews were touches.

You just want it to be called a goal for the sake of it?

How are people complaining about a touched ball being called a behind? Both reviews were touches.

You just want it to be called a goal for the sake of it?

I think they were probably saying that it was over the line when it was touched

Its nice to see the act of improving your stats by kicking it to yourself after a point comes back to haunt the player. That error cost them the win, even better it was goddard. Imagine the bake he would have given a teammate, he wouldnt take the responsibility

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Kick like fools leaving the door open...then allow them a great big sniff of a win until the bubbly starts to flow.
Then totally rip their guts out at the siren.

Thats how you do it folks :D

Never in doubt *

* we may have packed our s**t and been watching the last cpl of minutes standing in the aisle on the way out....but thats only coz we knew it was in the bag :thumbsu:

You guys need to learn what a choke is. Losing something you shouldn't doesn't mean a choke all the time. A choke means freezing under mental pressure. What Essendon did was the complete opposite. They did a victory lap when there was another lap to go.

Mate that was one of the biggest chokes we've witnessed, don't kid yourself. At least 10 essendon players had the chance to win/save the game and blew it.

I just watched the last 10 minutes again. I have honestly never seen a commentator show more open disappoint on a result than Brian Taylor did at the end of the game. Bruce was trying his best to talk up what was one of the more unbelievable results we've seen in football and the disappointment is just dripping from Taylor's voice.

It made it all the sweeter honestly.

If Anthony Hudson can watch Nick Davis rip the heart out of his team and still show excitement, you'd think BT would be able to do the same when Essendon is not even his side. But one's a professional commentator and the other is a show boating doofus who wouldn't be near the mic if he didn't play.

Yep that was a shocker. As bad as the Malceski one when Hill chased him down in the GF.

FTR I think the Bombers got the best of the umpiring last night.

Yep I agree and the non one against Malceski was horrible as well.

Mate that was one of the biggest chokes we've witnessed, don't kid yourself. At least 10 essendon players had the chance to win/save the game and blew it.
Yep just read it was actually 19 pts with 2.35 left on the clock. That's actually hard to lose even if you walked off the field. Bravo essendon bravo :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back