AFL 2017 - R19 Hawthorn v Sydney Swans, 7:50pm AEST Friday, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire is a seriously average coach - he had all night to answer Clarkson's ball movement tactics and speed but pretty much did the exact opposite to what should have been done. He has a premiership but he'll never win another.
One more than your coach will ever win.

Sicily is an almighty douche. I've found myself hating every little thing he does. It's irrational. Even the good things he does (and there are lots) manage to irritate me.

I just can't figure out why.

Is it the ducking his head?
The flailing arms?
The going to ground playing for frees?
The constant complaining?
The constant spew face every time there's an issue?
The constant running of his mouth with little to back it up?
Is it having a go at teammates?
Is it his undeserving strut?
Is it the way he treats umpires (and cameramen) like they are dog poo beneath his boots?

Sicily. My football watching life would be so much better without you. Please go away.
This meltdown makes me love Sicily more.

Sicily is an almighty douche. I've found myself hating every little thing he does. It's irrational. Even the good things he does (and there are lots) manage to irritate me.

I just can't figure out why.

Is it the ducking his head?
The flailing arms?
The going to ground playing for frees?
The constant complaining?
The constant spew face every time there's an issue?
The constant running of his mouth with little to back it up?
Is it having a go at teammates?
Is it his undeserving strut?
Is it the way he treats umpires (and cameramen) like they are dog poo beneath his boots?

Sicily. My football watching life would be so much better without you. Please go away.

Sounds like he's providing you a lot of entertainment in a pantomime villain type of way, and you'd be less entertained if he did actually go away.

Think the Swans may win this in a tight one.
Sydney's forward line looks a little too powerful for Hawthorns back-line to cope with.

Yeah that's what everybody said about Adelaide, Melboune, Sydney (x2), Geelong and Western Sydney. Yet ALL those teams have failed to score over 100 points against the Hawks after round 6. :$:thumbsu:

Yeah that's what everybody said about Adelaide, Melboune, Sydney (x2), Geelong and Western Sydney. Yet ALL those teams have failed to score over 100 points against the Hawks after round 6. :$:thumbsu:
Melbourne? We average in the 90s for scores and didn't exactly have a bunch of amazing powerful goal kickers going in to the hawks game...

Dude... are you Buddy's mum or something?

You obviously missed my point... Buddy was set for life whichever way he went.

My first post was about his onfield behaviour.... he seems to carry on like a bit of a flog whenever he plays us.... even though he chose to leave when we presented him with the biggest offer Hawthorn has ever made to a player. Fair enough if we had tried to shaft him, but we didn't.

He's gone, I accept that, we've won two flags since, he hasn't.... I count it as a win for us.

Just don't get why he goes the biff against us more than not, given the decision was his.

Love your passion though mate.... little bit weird that it's not even about one of yours. And sorry about the grammar.... thought I'd deleted the start of that first post. You win sir... I yield the field.
Wouldn't matter which player it was, a nine year deal at that $ value is never a "wrong call".

He goes the biff because he's always been like that, and most blokes who play their old side get stuck into them. Hodge and buddy most likely caught up for a beer after the game.

Do you question every time hodge goes the biff?

Probably got a bit to do with him trying to send hodge into next week. Take the goggles off
Yep, chalk and cheese there.

Nothing against Buddy as he is an amazing player but as it Mitchell but the difference is that Mitchell is not an enormous strutting peacock that is trying to physically destroy the opposition's favourite player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I might have missed that, but surely commentating 101 is to hype up the exciting finish by talking about what the team behind needs to do, not what the team you've been barracking for needs to do to kill the game.
BT, Richo haven't been to commentary uni to do the basic 101 course.
(Ling did go, bought the lecturer an apple, and was beaten up for being red-headed and ugly.)

Yep, chalk and cheese there.

Nothing against Buddy as he is an amazing player but as it Mitchell but the difference is that Mitchell is not an enormous strutting peacock that is trying to physically destroy the opposition's favourite player.
Wherever do you think Buddy learned to do that?;)

Last edited:
Why so defensive? I'd love it if my club was the darling of the commentary team and could do no wrong.
BT is well known and documented for his Victorian-bias in his commentary, he plays to his major audience so good luck to him.

Another dumb post from you. Why do you care what the commentators say, they are idiots.

I feel like I've seen this episode before.

- Round 10 Jake Lloyd suffers an early concussion, sits out 95% of the game.
- Tonight Jake Lloyd is a late out.

- Round 10 Jarryd Roughead kicks Hawthorns last goal
- Tonight Jarryd Roughead kicks Hawthorns last goal

- Round 10: 6 point margin
- Tonight: 6 point margin
hawks up by 21 at HT both matches too...

hawks up by 21 at HT both matches too...
That is eerily weird, and the fact that Hawthorn had kicked 8 goals to the half and Sydney kicked 4 both times makes it even weirder!

lol @ Jarrad McVeigh. What a dolt.

Swans spent a week telling the footy world that they're getting under the skin of teams and won't stop playing aggressive, in your face footy.

Nek minit: offended by a kiss. :tearsofjoy:
It's a bit disrespectful doing it twice to an old veteran like Mcveigh. Different when Hodgey did it to Buddy as it had some relevance.

Did I just hear Horse complain about inconclusive goal line technology? Give me a spell - he wasn't complaining about it in the GF last year.

Short memory.

Lucky he's not one of the Scott twins. People would really be getting their knickers in a twist on here if Brad or Chris had put in the performance that Longmire had last night (and has been for years).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back