AFL 2017 - R19 Western Bulldogs v Essendon 13:10 AEST - Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Merrett gets 23 touches with tag and has a reasonably good game. Suddenly the riff-raffs are out. LOL.

Not sure why the Dogs get so many cheating frees. If we get looked after like that, we would have won another 6 games more. Including this game. This game reminded me lot of last year's grand final. Baffling delibrate cheating calls. Sad thing is nothing will be done about it.

23 touches. Same as Bont

67 Supercoach vs 125 though, that's why the riff raff. If he gets tagged like Bont every game he might struggle or it might make him a better player after a while.

Merrett gets 23 touches with tag and has a reasonably good game. Suddenly the riff-raffs are out. LOL.

Not sure why the Dogs get so many cheating frees. If we get looked after like that, we would have won another 6 games more. Including this game. This game reminded me lot of last year's grand final. Baffling delibrate cheating calls. Sad thing is nothing will be done about it.

List some cheating frees we got please

Merrett is a gun - that's why we tagged him when we usually tag no one.

Hope JJ enjoyed his freedom today - can't see that happening again (what was Woosha thinking there)?

Best post ever!

23 touches. Same as Bont

67 Supercoach vs 125 though, that's why the riff raff. If he gets tagged like Bont every game he might struggle or it might make him a better player after a while.

Comparing supercoach points? LOL we have a live one here. Bont had more score involvement as he played forward. So had a better game output wise. But he was playing on Hartley. LOL.

Zach was tagged all game. Still played well enough. He had a better game than Libba, Wallis, McLean, Murphy, Daniel, Dale or Dalhaus. All of these players were not even tagged and was on the winning side.

Zach only had 5 touches midway through second. He actually had a great second half.

Comparing supercoach points? LOL we have a live one here. Bont had more score involvement as he played forward. So had a better game output wise. But he was playing on Hartley. LOL.

Zach was tagged all game. Still played well enough. He had a better game than Libba, Wallis, McLean, Murphy, Daniel, Dale or Dalhaus. All of these players were not even tagged and was on the winning side.

Zach only had 5 touches midway through second. He actually had a great second half.

Wooshas fault for leaving Hartley on him..

Mate Ive been going to the footy nearly 40 years and I earn more money in a year than your mummy and daddy put together. Watch the game back, I was there I saw it very clearly.
You earn more than all of us, yet you're not a Big Footy premium member?

Since when has AFL knowledge been based on your fiscal status? Perhaps get your executive assistant to subscribe to Bigfooty on Monday tightarse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supercoach is a pretty good measure of efficientcy. Was better than Dale, about par with the others you mentioned.

When do you not bitch about freekicks.

Quite seriously Doggy, I 've been posting whinges about Frees' getting close to four years now, and during the time my club was winning flags too.
I guess I get angry at the wrong thing on Big Footy sometimes, and then people think I'm having a poke at their team, because of what I see. I think lots of people see what I see, some speak about it, but some just roll with it, and we see nothing change. And we'll lose the game.
But we do see teams, off loaded from confidence, and almost give up when the time runs out, by umpiring, it was never like that a few years ago.
You will have already and will in the future suffer from it. My club suffered from it against Geelong a few weeks ago. I know how good Geelong are, but some of the frees and where they are paid is almost spat at you in the face they are so obviously bad calls, doesn't mean I think every call is bad, what it means is the whole supporter base of 18 clubs gets manicured by prancing umpires , who follow the new rules ,to the tiggy touch wood limit , to A FAULT.
The misinterpretation of how they see something, and the rules committee has created this by idiotic things they allow now for umpires to pay.
Miniscule things that have no bearing on a game. Sometimes the whole audience those there and those watching have no idea what a free was for, and worse , it could have been called both ways, or left, if you haven't experienced that then you don't really follow the football of this day and age, or from the past.
It is a far superior game in some respects, to some decades ago, but it is being destroyed as a spectacle , there are no characters now, there are rules that simply are not needed.
In a game where play is fast and furious why does a prancer have to bring back the play on advantage sometimes, of a team so he can reset his bleeding mark. NO ONE CARES.
But the team with the advantage , well their players are all covered. Really I only talked about that last week, the deliberate out of bounds is stupid the fifty against a player who is chasing an opponent and he passes within too close a distance of the kicker. WHY? ? ?
TO WHAT END IS THAT RULE NEEDED, PEOPLE WATCHING UNDERSTAND IT NOW THE POOR PUBLIC HAVE LEARNT , BUT... WHY? ? ? MOST TIMES A PLAYER DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DONE.

Now for the real stuff about me complaining about frees and stupid rules that out weight anything the football public has ever experienced in nonsense, in the history of footy .
Dropping , holding, caught with, push in the back hitting the arms? ? ? tripping and tunneling, for god sake, how many times a game do you see one of these things called and it is so pedantic and not in the spirit of the game .
The AFL has set about screwing our sport.
It has also trained its umpires to perfection in calling ANYTHING ! and EVERYTHING! , no matter how pathetic or useless, or worse UNFAIR. FREE KICKS ABOUND THESE DAYS.
THE UMPIRES ARE NOT PART OF OUR GAME THEY ARE ADJUDICATORS, have to have them , but, they need to be professional full time and the AFL needs to look at its rules and how they are interpreted.
Why did they change them anyway.
I was taught to punch arms when I played if a player was in front, too tall etc, what else can you do?
But no the AFL WANTED MORE GOALS , so the forwards were given the doubt benefit , that's when defenders initially got massacred by frees, at the start , the frees were prolific, if ever a rule, took the defender and put him on the back foot, when he was, as a defender anyway, already there, it was UNFAIR!
This trying to punch the ball without hitting an arm is a joke, its eased a bit I think, but its still there for some pedantic umpire to pay.
And yesterday the Suns big forward , pushes his opponent clean in the back, marks , paid, kicks a goal, I call them umpire goals, you see them contradicting the rules all the time. YOU LIKE THAT??????

If people keep accepting this stuff , then it will get to become the norm, and you'll be able to watch tiggy touchwood footy in a 9 a side sport , on a basketball court.
If you are a real Australian Rules football fan then you should be very frightened, your real game will slip away

Think I'm mad, well have a look at now then look at the enjoyment and NOT frustration of early 2000's and the 1990's and the 1980's, that was enjoyment , now its wrestling and scrambling backwards forwards sideways, for tactics, the tactic from coaches is killing the game too. Keepings off is the sign of the time but you have to be very very skilful , not many teams are and it'll kill the lesser teams , and put them in the basement!

Now you probably shouldn't have said anything , because It'll take you a month to read me, but seriously I am not potting the Dogs or Geelong , I know the good sides and the bad sides. The handling of rules umpiring and interpretation is really unfair and wrong, and as I said a long time ago , teams will start getting wins because of confusing or bad umpire calls, WHY? SIMPLE BECAUSE OF GREY UNEEDED RULES AND PEDANTIC UMPS WITH NO FEEL FOR THE SPORT AT ALL.
The only thing I have potted is the two new clubs and not the players or the teams just the fact that they were invented.
I believe it has simply diluted the player pool, and have a think on this one, what if the AFL began changing rules, making some things in the game undo able three or four years ago, or at least lets say in a better way, things that some elite footballers can do, I believe many players now cannot, but the playing standard, level is down a grade in our game for some "AFL" so called elites. Kicking seems to be a problem everywhere. Fumbling , little things you notice.
We've lost of about 100 players from the 16 pool of teams, to fill up two new teams, 18 clubs now!
It just may have dropped the skill level overall. Unless you have a supreme recruiter like some clubs do , you will be a cellar dweller for years.
Now that's why I always complain about the rules, Doggy , every rule , EVERY RULE!
Including the ones that give elite business men the right to take our Australian game and F*** with it so badly , that it is now guess work whether you will have a good weekend or an angry frustrating one. If you watch more than your own teams games like I do, you'll know the frustration, if you want to say something, go ahead , this is long but I am constantly amazed that people are not complaining , I know Denis Cometti from TV said when watching football these days in retirement that he winds up more angry, than having enjoyed it.
That is why I complain. Is that satisfactory?

Hurley had some costly mistakes but beat or broke even with Bont in most contests and conceded just 2 goals from memory (or 3 if you count his turnovers).

80% disp efficiency, 30 disposals (I.e. 25 effective), 8 intercept possessions, 7 score involvements, 621 metres gained. That's dominance while keeping Bont to 1 goal when he was his direct opponent.

The turnovers hurt Hurley's standing today but he more than made up for it in attack.

Compare that with GOAT Rance's game yesterday, who conceded 3 in a low scoring affair (2 vs. Lynch and 1 from a handball turnover) and who added nothing in attack.

Dogs played fantastic and full credit to them. Bombers made ridiculously dumb mistakes.

Last edited:
Mate, you are hilarious. Keep it coming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh mate , wait til you read my War and Peace bit, I wrote to Doggy. Point is its happening . Umpiring who ever you follow is the worst in footy history, and much to pedantic and over the top and over adjudicated.
Umpirs can change games and they do! Have a read its fun.

Very happy with that getting back close to 2016 form.

Bombers move the ball as good as anybody and play frenetic footy. Probably lack composure at times.

Many of our players have lifted the last 3 weeks - JJ picken dahlhaus roughy biggs wallis have all lifted recently. Bombers got close in each of the last 3 quarters but we responded each time. The most efficient we have been going forward all year.

Season not gone yet.

That idiot Fremantle player got tricked by Riewoldt but Hooker went him one better today and actually screwed up like Nick :D

Not sure why we are talking about the Bont. Not even the best player on the ground. I can think of two Bombers who had a better game than him.

One made the Premiership winning defense (be it with assistance) look absolutely garbage by himself. Clearly the BOG.

The other youngster played his best game for the club and played a sensational game. Arguable he was also better.

Not sure why we are talking about the Bont. Not even the best player on the ground. I can think of two Bombers who had a better game than him.

One made the Premiership winning defense (be it with assistance) look absolutely garbage by himself. Clearly the BOG.

The other youngster played his best game for the club and played a sensational game. Arguable he was also better.

Parish played a sensational game but you're blind if you think it was better or more influential than Bonts. He was instrumental in nearly every score they had

Remove this Banner Ad

Back