AFL 2017 - R20 Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs 16:35 AEST - Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Got me buggered how the Doggies won last years flag. Very ordinary team.

To clear your confusion it's because they were actually a fantastic team last year. The best team as it were. A ******* great team. Hope I've helped :)

The replay.
Nice try...

I admire you for sticking with the free kick Dogs stuff after a game when they got 1 free kick over the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Well played to you :)

Got me buggered how the Doggies won last years flag. Very ordinary team.

Champion team that keeps winning year after year with 6-10 players out. We won the flag not because of skill, but because of heart. And deep down that is what drives people bitter towards us, because it's fine if your team can't win a flag if it's not skilled enough, but not being brave enough is unacceptable. People look at our success and wonder why their team couldn't be as courageous, or try as hard. It drives them nuts that we won a premiership on being actual bravedogs.

Missing the reigning Norm Smith medallist, one of our best defenders in Morris, our two best goalkickers in the past three years in Dickson and Stringer our best second ruck in Boyd not playing and having our premiership captain injured in the first quarter.

A gutsy interstate win with our backline held together by two kids and our third-string forwardline.

The amount of neutrals in here death-riding the Dogs and Bont out of jealousy deserve to watch us win again and again.

I love coming to these threads after we win and having a timeline of all the usual cry-w***ers piling in, getting their hopes up, saying a bunch of idiotic BS, then melting. Their tireless efforts never fail to brighten up my weekends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the hitouts which Roughy loses most weeks, that's a statistical smashing, 14.19 could've been 19.14 I guess but credit to Brisbane exposing us again, like in R5.

Lions efficient again inside 50 generating scores, while our inefficiency at creating scores, or missing shots nearly cost us again.

Once Brisbane become defensively sound they'll work their way up the ladder. Gotta stop the turnovers and find more kids who can win/find their own footy. Witherden looks an absolute jet for them and could become an elite rebounder very quickly, potentially next year if he keeps fit and his form up and I reckon there's a heap to work with in someone like Cutler (think he's been out for a few weeks).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back