AFL 2017 - R20 Essendon v Carlton 14:10 AEST - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

A tremendous afternoon of football. As a fellow supporter of a Big 4 club, it warmed the cockles to see both sides represent.

Essendon kick 11 behinds in a row AND Carlton lose.

:thumbsu:

I can see the entertainment value, but as a supporter of a real Big 4 club, I don't think it compares with the pathos of that time one member of the fake big 4 was kicked out of the finals for drug cheating, allowing another member of the fake big 4 who had finished 9th into the files, eventually bundling out another fake big 4 club who had finally managed not to finish 9th, only to be beaten by 9th. Now that was entertainment.

Your comment about Jobe was only good because he was on the gear is rubbish. Jobe finished on 16 votes in the 2010 Brownlow and would have got close to winning it if he didn't miss some games through injury.

I didn't say he was only good because he was on the gear, I said his best footy was played when on the gear, which his now returned Brownlow says is true. His Brownlow year was a drug taking year, and clearly his best year. I agree he was good the year before too, so it wasn't all about the gear either. A pity he couldn't stay injury free the year before, and win the Brownlow that year. His long term standing in the game would be a good deal better, which makes the timing of the drug program even crueler.

Lol a Tigers supporter chiming in!

Lets win a final first shall we for the first time since 2001 and a BANG / BANG finals result from the Tigers would be sublime on here!
Now now. Ease up there mate. I did say I enjoyed the game. Essendon and Carlton stinking it up on the G, and I have a Buckley lead Collingwood to look forward to this evening.

This great game of ours nourishes and enriches my soul. Why would you be a killjoy and attempt to harsh my vibe?

#unaustralian

Hooker tried to end bombers season on the last qtr with those set shots. Tipungwuti and Heppell kept them alive for another week.

Well with all the kicks Sydney get I guess you would be an expert in this area
Since 2005, we have been on the positive side of a free kick count for the season three times. Try again. Not to keen on truths at Essendon though are you? Next you'll use a COLA sledge. The excuses for our success are running thin.

Be gentle on the poor fellow. How would you feel if you chose name of your footy hero as your bigfooty handle, and then they took his Brownlow away and made him a convicted drug cheat, and then to rub things in, he returns to the game to make it clear his best footy really was played on the gear. I'd be devastated, and lashing out at everyone too.
Go away minnow! Go and worry about the fans falling from the bandwagon again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one that thought that was good game and was enjoyable to watch?

Love the Carlton/Essendon rivalry. Regardless of ladder position, both these teams show a lot of heart!

And will have the biggest crowd of the round..again.

What made yesterday tricky was the wind..which sent the ball swirling everywhere.

You don't seem to understand all the top sides defend this way, the difference for us is the lack of elite ball users through the middle.

Why we chip it backwards is because a turnover for any side through the middle results in a goal scored against you cheaply, give us a couple of elite mids who can cut holes through zones with minimal risk to avoid the quick turnovers and you will see a much more attacking football side.

If you are too naive to see Bolton is developing a highly disciplined well structured side capable of beating anyone regardless of talent then that is too bad, 6 games now we have lead in the last term and lost with a bit more polish would be 11 wins for the season and into finals contention we roar.

It won't be next year but we are heading in the right direction

No its you that dont understand. The blues do not have a elite defence. Elite defence should minimise scoring but also transition into attack so you score.

For example my club has held the hawks to only 2 goals in a half but our defence has allowed us to generate 15 scoring shots, thats how a elite defence operates.

No its you that dont understand. The blues do not have a elite defence. Elite defence should minimise scoring but also transition into attack so you score.

For example my club has held the hawks to only 2 goals in a half but our defence has allowed us to generate 15 scoring shots, thats how a elite defence operates.
Your defence has allowed you to lose games no other club could possibly lose, I wouldn't be using them as a shining example of "elite", they are terrible.

Defence stop goals, hbf/wing/midfield players transition the ball through the middle of the ground. Continue your clueless rant and enjoy being bundled out without winning a final again

Your defence has allowed you to lose games no other club could possibly lose, I wouldn't be using them as a shining example of "elite", they are terrible.

Defence stop goals, hbf/wing/midfield players transition the ball through the middle of the ground. Continue your clueless rant and enjoy being bundled out without winning a final again

You must be 12 years old, my mistake thinking you may be mature enough for a debate. This s**t defense you speak of, is the second best in the league. The reason for that is we do not consider our defenders just the back 6. We actually use our wingers,mids, and forwards as well. We actually set them up so we can take advantage to create a turn over so we can score, the blues, park the bus and flood with minimal presence up the ground.....but look who i am speaking with, a bloke who considers the blues elite in defense yet ignores you have conceded more goals then 11 other sides lol

You must be 12 years old, my mistake thinking you may be mature enough for a debate. This s**t defense you speak of, is the second best in the league. The reason for that is we do not consider our defenders just the back 6. We actually use our wingers,mids, and forwards as well. We actually set them up so we can take advantage to create a turn over so we can score, the blues, park the bus and flood with minimal presence up the ground.....but look who i am speaking with, a bloke who considers the blues elite in defense yet ignores you have conceded more goals then 11 other sides lol
I joined this site when I was 3, I sometimes forget others are just learning to speak at that point. I do love the basis of your entire argument though, that Carlton's defence isn't elite. Now go back and read through the conversation and find where I said our defence is elite, quick tip for you (I didn't even hint at it once). Basically you are arguing against a made up fact you presented yourself as though I had said it, if you wanted to have a mature debate with yourself go yell into a mirror.

Now if you are capable of getting past your massive oversight on that matter, my original post was that we have a highly disciplined side short of some elite midfielders capable of breaking zones with minimal risk to make us a more attacking side, retorting with "carlton doesn't have an elite defence" is A) a made up fact in your head and B) Completely unrelated to what was said.

If you can come back with an answer about what I actually said rather then making up a tangent to go off on by all means respond, otherwise move along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back