AFL 2017 - R20 Geelong v Sydney - 19:50 AEST Simmons Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Scott in my opinion is a very clever man and good coach. But what's he doing playing two BOYS against the hardened bodies of the Swans? Selection disasters or lack of depth? Or both?

He doesn't have a lot of choice at the moment. Basically all sides get exposed when a handful of first choice players are out. Can certainly argue we do more than most but aside from GWS is there any side who wouldn't be a bit off the boil? Danger, Menzel, Blicavs (he's no world beater but he's comfortably best 22) and cockatoo are all players we need if we are to be competitive against the good sides. I'd like to add motlop to that list but in his form this season he doesn't belong anywhere near it. Wed have gone worse if anything.

I disagree, we (Cats) have more than a couple of stars if AA rating is to be relied upon. ;) And even if not, I actually watch the games and have a fair idea.

The team I see is mostly young guys on a learning curve and 'old' guys giving something back.

A little freaky that you are posting with a Freo nick purporting to be a Rich. supporter.

Will be there next week, Go Cats!

Yes your opinion is truly valuable.

He won your best and fairest when you were s**t and missed finals.

You're saying he as important at Danger, Selwood, Touhey, Duncan, Henderson etc....

It's rubbish.
He is a ruck sized tagger with the best endurance in the AFL who can take a mark. No coincidence that with him out the Swans were able to work it out of packs so easily. As a predominantly defensive midfield player his absence might not be as noticeable to those who don't watch the Cats every week. Top 5 player this year might be an exaggeration, and his form has been mixed, but I guarantee he's one of those players automatically picked when fit.

Has a team ever been gifted a more favourable draw than Geelong? Multiple home games in a row, only a few interstate trips, half prime time games.

Were you complaining when Geelong played 4 out of 6 games interstate?

Guess what happens when you play lots of away games in a row you get lots of home ones in a row at some other stage of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not an excuse, but most people seem to be unaware that we are missing a dozen AFL listed players and obviously Dangerfield too. Most significantly, we have zero fit small forwards.

Did you take that into account when you played the Hawks and they had their entire backline missing or is that only relevant when you lose

Another gif brought to you by Duckwatch.
133e5fa4291b64ad7296a8e555ed040b.gif

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Are you capable of judging a situation based on its individual merits or is the confirmation bias too strong? Maybe you posted the wrong gif? Selwood does nothing even close to being classified as ducking in that. The Sydney player throws his arm out so high that if Selwood actually did duck he couldve gone right under it. Shocking tackle technique.

Doc larkins confirmed selwoods injury is a medial ligament strain and not a good one apparently

So he'll play next week then
How often is doc Larkin right

Did you take that into account when you played the Hawks and they had their entire backline missing or is that only relevant when you lose
Yes. It's always relevant. Obviously Swans not at full strength either. No small forwards creates massive structural problems for Geelong, minimal forward line defensive pressure against teams like Sydney is fatal. We looked a million times better up forward last week when Cockatoo was up and about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back